QuickBooks error 1712 arises when due to an issue with a component of the operating system and due to which the installation process of QuickBooks desktop cannot be performed. The restoration of your computer fails to be accomplished as the required files are missing from your system.
Why QuickBooks Error 1712 Occurs?
As there can be multiple reasons why you may be facing the QuickBooks error 1712, so listing a single reason why you are facing the QuickBooks error code 1712 occurs is not possible. So, here are the possible reasons due why the QuickBooks error 1712 arises.
- When the required files for installing the QuickBooks are missing from your PC.
- The error can also occur when the users do not restart their PC after the installation process.
- When you are installing the QuickBooks in a corrupted or wrong folder.
- You have installed the wrong version of the QuickBooks application which is not compatible with your PC.
- Registry issues with your PC’s windows.
How Can I Identify QuickBooks Error 1712?
By looking at the below-mentioned symptoms, you can easily check if you are facing the Error 1712 QuickBooks.
- A pop-up displaying message with the error code occurs.
- Your PC’s window is crashing simultaneously.
- When the QuickBooks programs hangs or does not works properly.
- Your system works slowly or is not responding.
- HTTP error will arise.
Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712?
The solutions that can be implemented to solve the QuickBooks error code 1712 are as follows.
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Application
Below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to download and install the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC.
- First, go to the official download page of QuickBooks desktop download.
- Now, select the edition of the product i.e. United States (US), Canada, or United Kingdom (UK).
- Next, under the product drop-down list, select the product which you want to download i.e. Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise.
- After that, select the version as “2022” and then click on the “Search” option.
- On the new page, click on the “Download” box and then the QuickBooks desktop application will start downloading.
- Moving ahead, open the downloaded option and follow the installation process to get it installed on your PC.
- After the installation process finishes, then click on the “Finish” button and then you are all ready to use the QuickBooks desktop application.
If by following the above steps, if you are still not able to install the QuickBooks, then try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix My Programs from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
So, these are the steps that you can follow to run the quick fix my programs tool to resolve the QuickBooks error 1712.
- At first, close the QuickBooks application and then download and install the QuickBooks tool hub on your PC.
- Then open the downloaded file with its name as “QuickBookstoolhub.exe” and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
- After that, open the QuickBooks tool hub and click on the “Program Problems” option.
- Select the “Quick Fix My Programs” option. It will now close all the background processes of the QuickBooks and will start repairing the program.
Once the Quick Fix my program process ended, then install the QuickBooks again and check for the presence of the QuickBooks error 1712. If the error still occurs, then jump on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Close the background running processes
So, to close all the background running processes of the QuickBooks desktop application, here are the steps that you can follow to get it done.
- First, close all the applications that you are currently using.
- Then on your keyboard, press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together to open the task manager.
- Now, under the task manager, click on the QuickBooks and then click on the “End Task” option. Repeat this step to close all the QuickBooks queries.
- Then close the task manager and restart your PC.
After this, open the QuickBooks again and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 4: Modify the data path of the application in the Windows Registry
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now, in the insert box, type “regedit.exe” and then press the enter button.
- Then in the Regedit window, search for the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicrosoftWindows\CurrentVersion\Explore\User\Shell Folders
- After that, in the shell folders, double click on the “Entry App Data” option.
- The next step is to replace the original value with the local profile path.
- After that, close the window and then restart your PC.
Now, open the QuickBooks again and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 5: Update the PC’s Windows to Latest Updates
Below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to update the PC’s windows to the latest updates to get the QuickBooks error 1712 resolved.
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then type settings in the insert box and press the enter button.
- Now, go to the updates and security tab and then click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- If there will be any available update, then it will show you.
- At last, click on the download option.
Once the updates get downloaded, then restart your computer and open the QuickBooks again and try to perform the same task on which you face the error.
Read Also : QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
So, that’s all with the QuickBooks error code 1712. In this blog, we have provided all the information about the error and the useful methods that you can follow to get the error resolved. In case, if you still have any queries related to the error, then you can reach us through the chat option or you can mail us your query at (email@example.com). Our experienced and professional experts having deep knowledge about QuickBooks are available 24/7 to solve all your queries.