QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 is one of the common QuickBooks errors, and it mainly arises when the user tries to open, upgrade or restore a QuickBooks company’s file. This error usually arises with a pop-up display: “We are sorry, QuickBooks is not able to open the company’s file.” Solving this error without proper knowledge can cause more trouble and sometimes even lead to the loss of important business data. Well, if you are also facing the QuickBooks error 6123, 0, then you can read this blog post till the last word to get the error resolved.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 Arises?
Understanding the solid reasons behind the occurrence of any error is much important. Having a clear view of the reasons can help prevent the error from occurring again in the future.
Below is the list of possible reasons why the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 arises.
• A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company’s file (.QBB).
• When the user is trying to recover a backup of the company’s file from the external storage device.
• The user has not updated the QuickBooks to the latest release for a long time.
• A week or unstable internet connection can be a reason behind this error.
• A background active antivirus software can also disable the browser to work efficiently.
• When you have not downloaded the PC’s windows update for a long time.
• The damaged windows admin user can also be a reason behind this error.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0?
Let’s look at the list of symptoms through which we can easily identify the QuickBooks error code -6123.
• When the PC becomes slow or is not responding to the commands provided by the mouse and keyboard.
• Facing problems in opening the QuickBooks company’s files.
• Fails to connect with the server hosting the QuickBooks company’s files.
Effective Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
After knowing completely about the reasons and symptoms of the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0, let’s look at the effective tried and tested solutions you can easily follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0.
Solution 1: Download and Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The first tried and tested solution you can easily follow to fix the error is running the QuickBooks tool hub. The tool hub is one of the most helpful tools provided by Intuit that can help you in fixing many errors related to QuickBooks. Below are the steps you can follow to use the QuickBooks tool hub.
• First of all, commence this process by exiting the QuickBooks desktop application.
• After that, visit the official website of Intuit website and then download the QuickBooks tool hub.
• As the downloading ends, then rename the file to “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.”
• Moving ahead, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
• The next step is to double-click on the tool icon to launch the tool hub.
• After that, click on the “Programs Problems” option under the left-hand side menu.
• The next step is to click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option.
• Following the above steps will enable the program to start to repair the QuickBooks desktop application and files.
• Once the repairing process is completed, exit the QuickBooks tool hub and run the QuickBooks desktop again.
Once you are done with the above steps, try to open or restore the QuickBooks company’s file. If the error still exists, move on to the next remedy.
Solution 2. Rename the Network Data and TLG File
The Network data (.ND) file helps the users to access the company’s file through the internet. A damaged or corrupted network data file can also be a reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0.
In this scenario, you can get the QuickBooks error -6123, 0 resolved by renaming the network data and TLG file.
Below are the steps you can easily follow to rename the ND and TLG files.
• Initially, navigate to the location where the QuickBooks company file is saved on your PC.
• Then, search there for the file name ending with the extension as .ND and do a right-click on its name.
• Moving ahead, click on the rename option and add “.old” at the end of the name.
• Now, the name of the network data file will end as “.ndold.”
• After that, perform the above steps again for the Transaction Log file (.TLG) and rename it as “.tlg.old.”
After you have renamed the TLG and ND files, then examine if the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 has been resolved or not.
Solution 3. Recover the Backup File From Hard Driver
Below mentioned are the tried and tested steps that you can easily follow to recover the backup file from the hard drive.
• Initially, commence this process by accessing the QuickBooks company’s files.
• Moving ahead, select the folder with the extension file name as “.QBB”.
• Then, copy the backup file by pressing the “Ctrl + C” keys and save the file to the local storage on your PC.
• At last, launch the QuickBooks desktop and try to restore the QuickBooks company file, which you have recently copied to the local storage.
After performing the above steps, open the QuickBooks desktop application and examine if the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 4. Create A New Windows Admin User
The damaged or corrupted windows admin user can also lead to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0. In that case, creating a new windows admin user can help you to get the error resolved.
Here are the steps you can follow to create a new windows admin user on your PC.
• At first, go to the windows start menu and then type “Control Panel” in the insert box and hit the enter button.
• After that, you will be redirected to the windows control panel page.
• Thereon, click on the “Create a New User” option which is available under the user icon.
• Select the user type as “Administrator” and share the account’s name and login credentials.
• At the same stage, you must make sure to log out from the existing user accounts.
• At last, end this process by restarting your PC and log in with the newly created windows admin user.
Now, login to the QuickBooks desktop application and examine if the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 has been eliminated or not.
Solution 5. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The next recommended solution for solving the QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 is to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Below are steps you can easily follow to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool on your PC.
• First, launch the QuickBooks tool hub, which you have downloaded in the first solution.
• Thereon, click on the “Company File Issues” option on the screen’s left side.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool” option.
• The next step is to select the company’s file through the drop down list.
• You can also manually select the file by clicking on the “Browse” option.
• Moving ahead, check mark the box against the “Check your file” option and click on the “Diagnose File” option.
• Moving ahead, provide the QuickBooks admin login credentials and click on the “OK” option.
• After performing the above steps, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will start repairing the file.
• At last, navigate to the company file from the list and then click on the “Open QuickBooks” option.
Thereon, again try to access the QuickBooks company file. Now, QuickBooks error -6123, 0 must be resolved by following the above mentioned solutions.
We hope you find this blog well. In this blog post, we have tried our best to provide you with authentic and useful information about the , 0. Above, we have five different tried and tested solutions you can easily follow to get the error. In case, if you still have any query related to the topic, you can reach out to us through the chat box.
You can also write us your query through mail at email@example.com. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query.