QuickBooks software has smoothened the business accounting process, but it also has several bugs that can disturb your working with it. You have opened QuickBooks, and it has stopped working or not responding. Such issues can be so frustrating because you have a lot of work pending and the software is also stopped working. To get rid of this problem, you have to go through various methods mentioned in this blog. The error is identified with its multiple reasons that are responsible for its occurrence. An alternate and quick way to fix this error is to call the QuickBooks support number and get the essential solutions.
What are the Causes Behind QuickBooks Not Responding Error?
QuickBooks not responding is a standard error that occurs because of various reasons listed below.
- A hard drive is damaged
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Crashed Windows Operating System
- The company file is long
- Invalid Installation file
- Corrupted Program files on Hard Drive
- Low system resources
Symptoms of QuickBooks Not Responding Error
The following indications can help you to identify QuickBooks not Opening error, and you will start looking for ideal solutions to fix this error.
- The system is shut-down automatically
- QuickBooks, not Opening problem repeatedly appears on your computer screen
- The system is freezing and not responding to any command
- QB software doesn’t open
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Not Responding Error
QuickBooks can be problematic and irritative for you to tackle. You will be getting below quick fixing tips to remove this error and make the QuickBooks well again.
Method – 1 Download And Run QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- First, close ‘QB software.’
- Next, start downloading ‘QuickBooks Refresher tool.’
- ‘Save’ the downloaded file on your computer
- When the download process completes, press the ‘Run’ option to execute the ‘QBRefresher tool.’
- It will diagnose the running problem of ‘QuickBooks’ and carry out resolving procedures
- Finally, open ‘QuickBooks’ to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method – 2 Use Quick Fix My Program From The QuickBooks Tool Hub
Download and Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, close ‘QuickBooks software.’
- Download ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’
- ‘Save’ the downloaded file on your PC to access it easily
- Open the earlier ‘Downloaded file.’
- Accept ‘terms and conditions and follow on-screen tips to install
- After completing the installation procedure, put a ‘double-click’ on the icon to open ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’.
Run Quick Fix My Program From Tool Hub
- Users have to choose the ‘Program Problems’ in ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub.’
- Choose the ‘Quick Fix My Program’
- After this, Open ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ and then open the data file.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from Tool Hub
- Open ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’
- Users must check ‘Installation Issues’ in the ‘Tool Hub.’
- Choose the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’
- Let the tool ‘Run’ and it will take up to ‘20 minutes’ or more.
Run Clean Install in QuickBooks Desktop
The clean install tool will assist you in renaming the old installed file. It allows the user to add new files.
- First, open the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub.’
- After this, choose the ‘Installation issues’
- Next, choose the ‘Clean Install Tool’ and then press the ‘OK’ option.
- Select the ‘QuickBooks Latest Product Version’ followed by clicking ‘Continue’.
Method – 3 Make A New Admin User In Windows To Fix The Bug
- First, click the ‘Start’ button and then open the ‘Control Panel.’
- After this, press ‘Add or Remove User Accounts’ link
- Once the ‘Manage Accounts’ dialogue box opens up, press ‘Create A New Account.’
- Then, type the ‘Account Name’ and choose ‘Create Admin Account.’
- Finally, Click on the ‘Create Account Button’ to create a new user account in Windows Operating System.
Method – 4 Assign A New Name to QB.INI File
- ‘Rename’ the ‘QBWUSER.INI file’ to fix the internal issue when you try to open QuickBooks Desktop
- Rename the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Method – 5 Run QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- First, ‘Download QuickBooks Repair Tool’
- ‘Save’ the downloaded file in the local folder
- Next, shut-down all ‘existed open program’ followed by installing the tool
- It will take around ‘20 minutes’ to run a scan in the complete device
- Once the tool has repaired the ‘Program’, ‘Restart’ the ‘Console’ and go.
Method – 6 Restart the System By Deactivating Antivirus Program
- First, ‘Restart’ the System
- Confirm that ‘Antivirus’ is switched-off temporarily
- Finally, contact the IT department to remove this issue.
Method – 7 Open The File From Another Location
- Hold ‘Windows+E key’ to open up a new window on your screen
- Search and find the data file with ‘.qbw extension.’
- Do a Right-Click on it and choose the ‘Copy’ option
- Go to ‘C: Drive’ and create a ‘new folder.’
- Name the folder as ‘QBTEST.’
- Open a ‘New Folder’ and ‘Paste’ the file in it
- Open ‘QuickBooks’ by holding the ctrl key.’
- Choose ‘Open’ or ‘Restore’ an Existing Company option
- Open the ‘QBTEST’ folder and check if an error exists in it.
After following the above steps if you can’t log in to your QuickBooks software, you must call QuickBooks tech support to troubleshoot this error.