Mind Blowing Facts You Must Know About QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
If you are hunting for a retail management software that can handle your companies inventory, sales and customer data, then QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is the key to it. This great software helps companies maintain cash registers, track inventory, and so on. Before you use this application, you must download and then install it. This comprehensive post includes all the details required to run the QuickBooks Desktop POS seamlessly.
Do you want to gather more details regarding the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale? In that scenario, you must dial the helpline number and have a conversation with the experts for quick resolution.
Which New Features Are Included in QuickBooks Desktop POS 19.0?
The users can now get their hands on the enhanced and upgraded features of QuickBooks Desktop POS 19.0. However, to get insight into the updated features, you must have a look at the pointers below.
1. Hardware Refresh:-
With the upcoming of the latest hardware of QBDT POS, 19.0 will provide its users with a more sleek look. Also, you can get your hands on the new color options, making it more attractive.
2. Upgraded Payment Options:-
As per the new payment feature of the POs in QuickBooks, users can now easily make payments through different modes, including Apple pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
3. E-Commerce Integrations:-
You can also enhance your online sales by integrating the QuickBooks POS with online and in-store sales channels.
4. Email Receipts to Customers or Vendors:-
The users can now save and email receipts to their customers so that both parties have an electronic copy of the sale to maintain the track record.
System Specifications Required For Smooth Running of QuickBooks Desktop POS
Before downloading the Quickbooks Desktop Point of Sale application, you must check that your system meets the basic requirements to run the software seamlessly.
1. System Requirement for QuickBooks Desktop POS 19.0
- You must have the following operating systems to utilize the QuickBooks Desktop POS 19.0 edition, which includes Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Moreover, the users must require at least 1 GB of free disk space to install the QuickBooks Desktop POS smoothly.
- Confirm that the screen resolution must be 1280 X 768 or higher than this.
- Also, you must require a 4 X DVD ROM drive to install the software.
2. System Requirement For QuickBooks Desktop POS 18.0
- The users must ensure that you must have the following operating systems to run the QuickBooks Desktop POS that includes Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SPI, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2.
- For single users, you require a processor of 2.4 GHz, and for multiple users, you require 2.8 GHz.
- On the other end, the users must require a free disk space of 1 GB.
- The screen resolution required for the best experience is 1280 X 768.
What are the Steps to Download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
Before you start using the QuickBooks Desktop POS, it is mandatory to download it using the steps instructed below.
- Begin the process by reaching the Downloads & Updates page with the help of your preferred web browser.
- After this, you must ensure that you have selected the United States as the Country type from the drop-down menu list.
- Now, you should pick your QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale edition and the version you are working on. Then, choose the highlighted Search option to proceed further.
- You must confirm the edition of QuickBooks Desktop POS after mentioning and ensuring whether the version is accurate.
- End the entire process by hitting the Download button.
Instructions to Install QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale
Once you have downloaded the QuickBooks POS, follow the instructions given on the screen to install them.
1. First of all, you must launch the QuickBooks installation file by double-clicking on its icon from the desktop. In the meantime, you must hit Yes to All if you receive a pop-up to overwrite the extracted files.
2. Afterwards, tap the Next button from the wizard to initiate the installation process.
3. In the next step, thoroughly review the License Agreement, and if you give your consent, mark the “I accept the terms in the license agreement” checkbox.
4. Next, you must include the correct License and the Product Numbers within the respective text fields and hit the Next button.
5. You must pick the installation type from the options below according to your preference.
- Only this computer:- If you wish to install the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale for a single user.
- Two or more Computers:- On the other end, you must use this option to install the software on multiple devices.
6. However, if you want to install the QuickBooks Desktop POS on more than two computers, you have to pick the workstation on which your computer is:
- Server Workstation:- You must go with this option if this workstation holds and prepares your data file.
- Client Workstation:- On the other end, this is basically the workstation that contains the cash register, which is utilized to help customers with their daily sales and has access to the program.
7. Thereon, you must choose the highlighted Install button to begin the installation.
8. Once you are all set with the QuickBooks Desktop POS installation, you must activate them. You may have to relaunch your device and reopen QuickBooks.
How do you import and export data in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale?
The users can easily make collective changes in the data file so that you can import and export the data using Microsoft Excel.
Instructions to Import the Data:
Before you import the data, you must confirm that you have generated the backup of the data file. Also, you must cross-check the complete worksheet before mapping. Moreover, you may also convert the large lists into smaller segments (worksheets).
First Step:- Prepare Your Template
- Before proceeding further, you must shut down the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale application.
- After this, right-click the Windows button and go for the File Explorer option.
- Thereon, browse to the following location : “C: >> Users >> Public >> Public Documents >> Intuit >> QuickBooks Point of Sale (x.0).”
- In the next step, right-click on the QB POS Import Template.xls and choose the Delete option.
Second Step:- Setting up and Importing Data to the Point Of Sale
1. The first and foremost step is to open the Quickbooks Desktop Point of Sale applications and then move to the File menu.
2. After this, choose Utilities > Import, and from the Data Import Wizard, hit the Next button.
3. You are supposed to pick the data type you wish to import and then move further.
4. Now, you must choose the Default Type on how you wish to import the data and launch the Import Template. For instance, if you wish to import any other file template, follow the following steps.
- Initiate the process by choosing Custom File > Next and searching for your saved template. Herein, you must confirm that you have chosen the appropriate worksheet tab and from which row you wish to import the data.
- After this, to tally the columns from the import template to POS fields, you must map the data manually.
- Once the mapping is done, hit the Save button and proceed.
- Later on, follow the instructions given on the screen to begin the import process.
5. You must hit the Next button and then go through the prompt closely.
6. Furthermore, choose the Import button and then shut down the wizard to complete the process.
Step-By-Step Instructions to Export Data
The users can export the following lists from the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to Excel.
- Inventory Items
Follow the steps written below to export the data from QuickBooks POS to Excel.
1. Launch the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale application in the first phase, navigate to File menu > Utilities, and then Export.
2. Thereon, shift to the Data Export Wizard and pick the Inventory Items followed by the Next button.
3. Soon after this, you must mention the required information within the following text fields.
- Select destination file:- You have to mention the location where your file is situated.
- Write records to (sheet):- The users have to add the worksheet where you have to include the data.
- Begin exporting data to row:- This is the row from which you must begin the data.
4. You are supposed to choose the default inventory template. Otherwise, you can handle the mapping to tally the details you must export to the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale.
5. Ultimately, you must ensure the reports are ready to export and then hit the Export button.
Learn More About QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Discontinuation Policy
As per the discontinuation policy of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, Intuit is ending certain connected services, which are as follows.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments
- Vendor Lookup Service
- Mobile Sync
- Intuit Store Exchange
- Support plans comprise of live support (phone, email, and chat)
- QuickBooks Point Of Sale Gift Card Service
- Webgility E-commerce integration
Move To Shopify:-
Now, users can switch to Shopify after the discontinuation of the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale.
How Can I Grab the QuickBooks Point of Sale Customer Service?
Most often, it has been observed that the users might face difficulty while running the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale application. As a result, the users fail to continue with their ongoing tasks, which puts the ongoing tasks at a halt. So, to resolve the issue, you must get in touch with the QuickBooks Point of Sale Customer Service support team. You can either reach out to them by placing a call. Once the experts take your call, describe the issue you are facing, and they will guide you in the best possible way.
Alternatively, you can consult with the experts through the live chat facility for quick assistance. Also, you can talk with the professionals through the live chat facility and resolve your issue.
Pricing Plan of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale + Shopify
To briefly describe the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale + Shopify pricing plan, you must look at the following subscription plans. As a result, it will give you a brief understanding of all the plans available so that you can pick the best one according to your budget.
1. Basic Plan (For Solo Entrepreneurs):-
To get the Basic plan of QuickBooks Desktop POS + Shopify, you need to pay ₹1994 INR monthly and ₹1499 INR yearly.
2. Shopify (For the Small Teams):-
You must pay ₹7,447 INR monthly and ₹5,559 yearly charges to get this subscription plan.
3. Advanced Plan (According To Your Business Scales):-
The users are supposed to pay ₹ 30,164 INR monthly and 22,680 INR yearly charges.
Summing It Up!!
We hope you can now easily use the Quickbooks Desktop Point of Sale to accomplish your accounting tasks. However, if you encounter any problems while using it, you can consult with our QB professionals anytime via live chat. Otherwise, you can also drop a message to the experts to get the issue resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Ans. The previous QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 users can get the extra users on existing licenses and hardware until Oct 3, 2023.
Ans. You must have an online registration form if you are linked with a stable internet connection. Herein, you must insert the last four digits of your business contact number and the ZIP code. Conversely, if you aren’t linked to the internet, you must follow the guidelines in the Register QuickBooks dialog box.
Ans. From shifting the data from QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to Shopify, your data must be updated to the newly launched format. Once your file is updated, you can use Shopify’s free migration tool to help import QBDT POS data into Shopify.
Ans. You must check the following points before importing data from POS to Excel.
- Make sure there aren’t any dashes included in empty Excel fields.
- You won’t have to use the formulas, hyperlinks, and special characters.
- Make sure you use clear content instead of removing details separately.
Ans. You can include the employees in QuickBooks Desktop POS by accessing the Employees menu, followed by the Employee List. After this, hit the New Employee and then complete the necessary details. Later, hit the Save button after including all the details to accomplish the task.