Reset QuickBooks Password – QuickBooks account is protected by very advanced security features, like the admin password, to prevent any unauthorized access to the user’s account. The QuickBooks admin password will allow you to manage the different users and even make the necessary changes to ensure that your QuickBooks software is running smoothly. However, if you forget the QuickBooks admin password, then it can be a serious issue because it can hamper your work. This blog will tell you the steps which you should follow while resetting your QuickBooks admin password. You can also call QuickBooks support number and speak to trained experts to get a detailed overview of the issue and what you can do for resolving it.
Information Required to Reset QuickBooks Password
Before resetting the QuickBooks admin password, you should make sure that you have all the account details for verifying your identity. To reset the QuickBooks admin password, you need to have the following information:
- QuickBooks 15-digit license number
- Full name of an authorized contact using QuickBooks
- The email address of the contact
- The registered business contact number
- Zip code as registered with QuickBooks
Make sure these details match with the one linked to your Intuit Account so that you can complete the password reset form efficiently.
Steps to Reset the QuickBooks Admin Password
Once you have all the required QuickBooks account information, then you can refer to the steps mentioned below to reset the admin password of your QuickBooks account:
- Run QuickBooks accounting software and type ‘Admin’ as the username. Click on the option of ‘Forgot password’ given below the password field.
- If the Challenge Question option is there, you can enter your correct answer and then follow the prompts for resetting the password.
- If you don’t remember the answer to the Challenge question, then you can click “I forgot my password” and fill the form of ‘Reset QuickBooks Administrator Password.’
- Don’t forget to enter the account details as per your Intuit Account and then click ‘OK’ to move on to the next step.
- Users will receive a reset code on their registered email that is associated with QuickBooks. Check if you receive the email with the subject line ‘QuickBooks Automated Password Removal Service’ or not.
- You have to enter the reset code in the form, and then you need to create a new Administrator password.
After you reset your admin password, you should also change the security question so resetting the password becomes easier in the future. If you have any problem while completing the steps mentioned above, then you can call QuickBooks customer service number and ask for technical assistance. Professional experts are available 24 *7 to give their QuickBooks users a step-by-step guide so they can resolve all the accounting software queries.