Payroll is one of the essential features of QuickBooks, and it also ensures smooth and uninterrupted payroll processing regardless of any size or nature. Unfortunately, it is also vulnerable to this error, and even a minor mistake can affect different payroll operations.
QuickBooks error 15222 occurs while updating Maintenance Release, Essentials, Tax tables under the QuickBooks software. It is not common, and there is difficulty in sorting out such kinds of errors in QuickBooks. For removing this error, ring the phone call of QuickBooks payroll support. Below are given reasons for this error cause and steps to resolve it.
What Are The Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15222?
The primary reason behind the cause of this Maintenance Release updating error 15222 in QuickBooks is Digital Signature Certificates from the Internet Browser. Other reasons are also listed below that cause this error 15222.
- The Outdated QuickBooks Software
- System security software like Antivirus and Firewall prevent QuickBooks from connecting with the Internet and it causes Error 15222 in QuickBooks.
- You are using other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. as your default browser instead of Internet Explorer.
- User is not logged with an Admin account in Windows
- Inaccurate Date and Time
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222
Method – 1 Create Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
- Activate the Windows File Manager and Enter the detail C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the address field
- Click Enter and navigate QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder
- Right-click at QBW32.exe file and choose Properties
- Go to under Digital Signature tab to look for the list of signatures
- Click at Details on the Intuit Inc digital signature
- Now press at the View Certificate option under the details of Digital Signature Window
- Next press the Install Certificate option under the Certificate Window
- Press the Next button option until you are getting the Finish option
- Press Finish and Restart your device
- Move to Update QuickBooks again
Method – 2 Attach QuickBooks Procedure and Domain Under Security Program Exclusion List
You have installed a security like firewall or antivirus at your device, you must attach the following domains as an exception in the settings.
Method – 3 Attach Internet Explorer as Your Default Browser
- Open the Internet Explorer, and from below the Tools section, choose Internet Options
- Now, tap at Make Default under the Programs tab
- Press the Okay button and go for updating QuickBooks again.
Method – 4 Go to Activate QuickBooks File Doctor from the Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Move to the Download folder and activate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file
- Press yes to Agree to Terms and Conditions to install the Application
- Now, Tap at Next to go with the Installation
- Once QB Desktop Tool Hub is installed at your computer, run it using the icon mentioned on the desktop
- Now, go to the Program Problems tab and choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Now, choose the options ‘Repair the file for your existing version of QuickBooks’ and tap to Next
- Once the file is updated or repaired, check if ‘QuickBooks Major Update Error 15222’ is resolved.
If you have gone through an issue in troubleshooting this error, then contact QuickBooks tech support.