No business can compromise on its payroll accuracy, and yours too, right? You need to run an updated QuickBooks payroll software to maintain this accuracy and smooth payroll management. However, when users try to update their payroll services, they often encounter QuickBooks Payroll error 15301. There is no specific reason behind this error, but several factors are responsible. If you’re noticing your system is running slow and freezing, it’s due to this payroll error. So immediately take actions to fix this issue with the proven solutions given in this blog post.
Facing enough issues due to the QuickBooks payroll error code 15301? If yes, let our professionals be your upper hand and help you out. Contact our experts at !
Table of Contents
Likely Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Error 15301
Knowing the potential reasons for a particular QuickBooks error will help you rectify it effectively and make sure it won’t happen again. Therefore, we have mentioned a few reasons that majorly contributed to the occurrence of QuickBooks payroll error 15301. Let’s check:
- The unsuccessful installation of your QuickBooks payroll software is one of the prominent reasons for facing QuickBooks payroll errors, including code 15301.
- In case your Windows Firewall software has interfered with the update process of your QuickBooks payroll, you may face QuickBooks error code 15301.
- Make sure your QuickBooks essential components are free of any corruption or damage; else, you may get an error message with code 15301.
- Another reason behind the payroll error code 15301 in the QuickBooks application is the corrupted Windows registry.
- Attacks from any third-party antivirus program or malware infection can also interrupt your payroll download and update process.
- Apparently, if your payroll update procedure gets interrupted by any issue, including poor connection or other technical glitches, you will face error code 15301.
- A damaged or corrupted Windows registry can also disturb your payroll download and update procedure.
Signs To Help You Notice QuickBooks Payroll Error 15301
It’s always recommended to be aware of any payroll error, and if not taken care of properly, the errors can bring huge blunders to your payroll management. That’s why we suggest you look at the signs given below and be prepared to manage the QuickBooks error 15301.
- If you are witnessing frequent Windows crashes, it might be due to error code 15301 in your QuickBooks.
- If your keyboard and mouse clicks become unresponsive, you may learn about the payroll error 15301 in your QuickBooks application.
- As discussed above, when you’re unable to download or update your QuickBooks latest payroll services, it’s because of the QuickBooks payroll error 15301.
- Sudden system freezing and frequent software crashing every time when you open it are also signs of QuickBooks payroll errors.
Got all the reasons and signs related to the QuickBooks payroll error code 15301? Now, without any further delays, let’s quickly jump to the solution guide to eliminate this error.
What Methods to Perform and Rectify QuickBooks Error 15301?
QuickBooks errors are undoubtedly complicated to tackle but can be resolved easily if proper troubleshooting methods are performed. So, perform the following methods carefully and get rid of the QuickBooks error 15301 immediately.
Troubleshooting Step 1 – Get a Digital Signature Certificate
The other reason for facing the QuickBooks payroll errors, including error code 15301, is the failure of your QuickBooks software to recognize a digital signature certificate. So, follow these steps and install the required digital signature certificate.
- First of all, search for QBW32.exe in C:\ Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks via Windows search.
- In the next step, to get the results, click the QBW32.exe. Followed by this, you need to select the Properties option.
- Here, you will see a Digital Signature option; continue to click on it and select Intuit Inc. in the signature list.
- After this, select the Details option, and in the Digital Signature Details Window, hit the option for View Certificate.
- Here in the Certificate Window, you will get an option for Install Certificate, click this option and continue further by clicking the Next button and, finally, the Finish one.
- After this complete process is over, do not forget to Restart your system. After restarting, reopen your QuickBooks payroll application.
- Now, try to download the latest payroll updates and services. If you are still facing error code 15301, try the next solution.
Troubleshooting Step 2 – Verify and Modify your Antivirus Settings
The antivirus or Firewall software installed on your computer is meant to protect your system from any malicious activities. Now, when you try to download the latest payroll updates and services, they can be restricted and found as a threat to the system. So, let’s follow these steps to check and change the required Antivirus settings.
- Go to the Start button of your Windows, and in the Search Programs and Files bar, type “Firewall” to search. Once you get the results, click and open it.
- Here, go to the advanced Settings, and you will find the option for inbound rules. Give a right-click to this option and continue first to click the New rule button, then port, and finally, the next button.
- You have to make sure about one thing that your TCP is marked. After this, type the year and version of the QuickBooks you use in the particular spaces.
- In the next step, click the Next button followed by hitting the Allow the Connection tab and again click the Next button.
- In the prompted window, select all the checkboxes in case a few are unchecked. Now, you need to create the rule by naming it as QBPorts(year).
- Once you do this, now click the Finish button and continue to execute all these steps again for the outbound rules.
Still, waiting for satisfactory results? Let’s check the next troubleshooting method.
Troubleshooting Step 3 – Do Some Modifications in Internet Explorer Settings.
Internet Explorer restricts payroll updates and downloads if QuickBooks is not added as a trusted site. So, figure out this issue by following the given instructions.
- Start this troubleshooting method by first navigating to the Start button and then clicking on the Internet Explorer option.
- In the second step, hit the Gear icon and proceed to click the Internet options. Now, select the Security tab and click the Trusted Sites option.
- Here, add the sites mentioned below after clicking the Sites option:
- In case you are a US QuickBooks user, add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com as trusted sites.
- If you are a Canadian QuickBooks user, add *.intuit.ca and *.quickbooks.ca as trusted sites.
- After this, select the Close button, then the Apply one, and finally, click the OK button.
Troubleshooting Step 4 – Double-check the Payroll Service Key
In case you have entered the wrong payroll service key, there are chances of facing issues with QuickBooks payroll error 15301 while downloading the latest updates. So, check the correctness of the service key and rectify the error.
- Begin this strategy by first launching your QuickBooks Desktop Software. Now, click the Employees option and proceed further.
- Under the Employees tab, you will see my Payroll Service option. Click this option and continue to click the manage service key option.
- You will get an option to Edit; click it and ensure that the payroll service key you are editing or entering is the correct one.
- After the entire task is done, click the Next button and continue to tap the Finish button.
Troubleshooting Step 5 – Download the Latest Payroll Services in Safe Mode
Try to download the required and latest payroll service updates in the Safe mode since this mode won’t let you dig into QuickBooks account-related glitches and bugs.
- The first step you must take is to open your system in Safe mode. Now try to download the required updates again.
- In case the updates are successfully downloaded, restart your system and get back to normal mode.
- Now, in normal mode, try to download these payroll service updates again. Still, try the next solution if the problem is knocking on your door.
Troubleshooting Step 6 – Check your System’s Date & Time
Sometimes, the incorrect data and time settings are also one of the reasons for meeting the QuickBooks error 15301. Follow these steps and adjust the necessary time and date settings.
- First of all, press the Windows + T keys simultaneously and open the Task Manager.
- Here, check the date and time settings by right-clicking the option of Date and Time Settings to adjust.
- In case the date and time settings plus the time zone are incorrect, correct all of them and click the Apply button.
- Now, click the OK button to end this procedure.
Troubleshooting Step 7 – Resolve the QuickBooks Software Issues
If all the above troubleshooting methods fail, we suggest you carry out a troubleshooting procedure to fix issues with QuickBooks software. Carefully perform all the steps given below:
- First of all, make sure no application is running in the background. If any application program is active, close it, and move to the next procedure.
- In the second step, open the Control Panel by navigating to the Windows menu.
- Here, you are required to open the add or remove applications option. After this, you need to search for your QuickBooks software.
- Once you get the option for QuickBooks software, right-click the same and select the Repair option.
- You will get an option for Next, click it, and let the repairing procedure fix the issues with your QuickBooks software. Wait for this for a while! Once the procedure is over, try to download the payroll updates again.
In a Nutshell..!
Hopefully, this blog will help you enough to fix the QuickBooks payroll error 15301. In case you are still facing problems with this error, contact our professionals at or ask for solutions through our live chat support. We are available 24*7 to fix your QuickBooks error-related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1 – How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15102?
Answer. Like QuickBooks error 15301, 15102 also troubles the user while downloading the latest payroll services. Here are the solutions to solve this error:
- Take a switch to the single-user mode.
- Check whether the file location is as exact as the QuickBooks desktop installation directory or not.
- Login with administrator credentials to your QuickBooks account.
- Try to change the location of your QuickBooks company file. Place it on the drive.
Question 2 – What is a shared download in QuickBooks update?
Answer. A shared download in QuickBooks update enables the automatic QuickBooks update procedure. If your shared download option is set as ON, you will never miss any software updates.
Question 3 – Why am I receiving the QuickBooks error message 15301?
Answer. Several reasons are responsible for receiving the QuickBooks error message 15301:
- Incorrect data and time settings of your computer system
- Accumulation of temporary files (.temp files)
- Firewall software or any other third-party antivirus program can also trigger the payroll update process.
- The incorrect payroll service key is also responsible for error message 15301 in QuickBooks.