We all know how essential it is to stay updated with the latest updates and QuickBooks releases to survive in today’s competitive business era. However, bugs like QuickBooks error 1310 occur and prevent users from downloading the necessary software updates.
Don’t be stressed out if you’re also encountering QuickBooks error 1310 while updating your QuickBooks Desktop application! This helpful guide has covered the easiest and expert-proven solutions to help you fix the issue. Well, this error is basically a result of a damaged or corrupted hard drive. However, users can get rid of this by performing a few troubleshooting steps. Let’s proceed!
Are you looking for professionals to help you troubleshoot stubborn QuickBooks errors, like error code 1310? If yes, just ring us anytime anywhere.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error 1310 – What Does this Issue Mean?
Among the daily QuickBooks users, the QuickBooks error 1310 is one of the most common technical glitches. Users mainly come across this error with a message reading, “Error writing to file C:\Config.Msi\5f60cd6.rbf. Verify that you have access to the directory” or “Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\BusinessObjectProvider.dll,” while updating their current QuickBooks version to the latest one.
Now, if you’re wondering what factors actually give rise to such errors, continue reading further.
What Factors Can Provoke QuickBooks Error Code 1310?
Many system issues and technical glitches related to the application can give rise to errors. Take a look at the following factors to learn what exactly has provoked QuickBooks error code 1310 in your QuickBooks application.
- If any third-party security applications or Windows Firewall Defender interfere with your QuickBooks services, you may encounter error code 1310 on your screen.
- Insufficient Windows Installer permission access is another notable factor causing the QuickBooks update issues, including error code 1310.
- Wrong Date and time settings of your computer system can also bring update issues in QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks update process may not be complete due to the invalid Digital Signature Certificates.
- Another main reason for facing the QuickBooks error code 1310 is a poor internet connection on your computer system.
What Signs Can Help Me Catch Error 1310 QuickBooks?
You can easily detect the presence of an update error in your QuickBooks application by noticing the following symptoms:
- Your system may start running slow or freeze while running the QuickBooks application.
- The update screen of QuickBooks may start lagging or crashing.
- Continuous flashing of QuickBooks error message 1310 while trying to update your QuickBooks.
The active Windows programs may start crashing.
- By the attack of this error 1310 QuickBooks, your mouse clicks and keyboard tabs won’t respond to your commands.
Quick Troubleshooting Guide to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1310
Want to address the annoying errors interrupting your QuickBooks update process? Here, we’ve prepared a quick guide to help you troubleshoot the issue like a pro.
Before you proceed, take a look at the following points that are important to consider and avoid technical glitches while troubleshooting:
- Do log in to your Windows Operating System using the admin user account.
- Ensure your Windows OS is updated to the latest version to avoid compatibility issues.
- It would be helpful if you install QBDT on your Windows Operating system.
- Check your internet connection. The network must be strong and stable enough to download the updates seamlessly.
- You must have sufficient space in your system’s hard disk so that you can easily download and install the latest QuickBooks updates.
All prepared with the requirements mentioned above? Now, let’s begin with the first troubleshooting method!
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Disable your User Account Control (UAC) Settings
Sometimes, the enabled User Account Settings can also hamper the update process of the QuickBooks application. Thus, switching off these settings and trying to update the QuickBooks software is better. For this:
- Firstly, navigate to the Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
- Here, move to the User Account Controls tab and select the Never Notify alternative to disable the settings.
- Now, on the Display Window, click the OK button after disabling the UAC settings.
- Done with this? As you have now switched off the UAC settings, retry to update your QuickBooks software. If you still fail, try the next method.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Assign the Required Admin Permission Access to Windows Installer
As noted above, the Windows Installer must have enough permission access with admin rights to install the latest QuickBooks updates. However, the update won’t be successful if you don’t have permission. Assign the proper admin rights and permission by performing the steps below.
- Firstly, move to the Windows Start button and enter Command in the Search Programs and Files bar.
- Now, hit the Enter button, and once you get the Command Prompt, right-click the same and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- After this, you will get a black color window, where you must type “icacls “C:\Config.Msi”/T /C /grant administrators:F.”
- Here, rename the folder name mentioned in the /Config.Msi/ command by the folder name that you have noticed in the error message.
- Now, tap the Enter key and shut down the Command prompt. Finally, retry to download the latest QuickBooks updates. If this method has also failed and you’re still getting the QuickBooks error 1310 message on your screen, perform the method given below.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – By Running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Users consider QuickBooks Tool Hub as a savior. It’s because it has all the required utilities to troubleshoot common QuickBooks errors. The Tool Hub also has something to fix the annoying QuickBooks update error 1310 as well. You can easily get rid of this issue by running the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. For this:
- You must first download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you haven’t got it yet on your system.
- The Tool Hub is available with a direct download link on the official Intuit website.
- Download the installer file, and save this downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe installer file on your computer’s Desktop.
- Now, double-click the file to open it, and here, you will get some instructions essential to begin the installation of the Tool Hub.
- Follow these instructions, and click the NEXT button. After this, you will see the Install option; click the same and start installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- This process may take a while. Wait until the installation is over, and once done, hit the Finish button.
- Now, open the Tool Hub and navigate to the Installation Issues button. Here, you will get the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Click the same to run.
- The tool can solve issues hampering the installation and update process of the QuickBooks software.
- Wait for a while and let the tool run, detect, and repair the issues related to QuickBooks error 1310.
Wrapping Up Everything..!
Here, we are closing this comprehensive and informative blog post with the hope that the solutions given above have helped you fix the QuickBooks error 1310. However, if you are still facing issues while updating the QuickBooks software and the given solutions have failed to help you, connect with us. Our available Live Chat Support facility is a direct way to consult our QuickBooks experts.
A1: Hold the Alt Key if the QuickBooks file fails to load. Now, do not leave the key till your file loads. QuickBooks will display the required and exact solution for this issue. Otherwise, you can connect with the QuickBooks professionals.
A2: You can get help from the ways below:
- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Configure the incorrect system’s date and time settings.
- Give admin rights and required permissions to Windows Installer.
A3: Notice the following signs to detect the error 131 QuickBooks:
- Freezing and crashing of QuickBooks.
- Crashing of the QuickBooks update screen.
- Flashing of error message 1310 on your QuickBooks update screen.
A4: The damaged or corrupted hard drive of the system can primarily cause update errors in QuickBooks, like error code 1310.
A5: You are free to contact our QuickBooks technicians for professional help by contacting anytime via Live Chat Support.