Usually, the users might confront QuickBooks Error 3120 if the accounts are not mapped appropriately. In other instances, it may appear when users attempt to record the transactions manually. Whenever the users come across this error, the following error message pop-up on their screen stating:
“Status code 3140 or 3120: The specified account is invalid or of the wrong type”
Here, in this post, we have discussed the main reasons that trigger error 3120 in QuickBooks. Also, we have elaborated effective solutions to wipe out the error instantly.
Looking for technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks Error 3120? Ring us at @+1-855-603-0490 and get help from our certified experts to get the stepwise instructions to troubleshoot the error.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Error 3120 Takes Place
Here, we have discussed all the probable causes that might lead to QuickBooks Error 3120.
- Sometimes, it may occur when the accounts you try to use aren’t mapped appropriately.
- Another reason may be the presence of duplicate customer/vendor names.
- You might experience damage in one of the customer/vendor names.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007
Preconditions Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 3120
Below we have mentioned some of the key points that you must remember before resolving QuickBooks Error Code 3120.
- Initially, the users must verify the customer’s payment tally with the amount shown on the invoice sent.
- Examine that the actual payment of the customer and the amount on the invoice is similar on the A/R account.
- Lastly, run the Invoice Query to ensure that the invoice with the particular TxnID exists within the database.
Different Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Error 3120 Hassle-Free
In this blog section, we will discuss the verified solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6120. Make sure that you follow the troubleshooting steps in the same manner as written below.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 15103
Method #1:- Examine That the Accounts are Mapped Correctly
As discussed above, the users might encounter QuickBooks Error 3120 due to misconfiguration of the mapped accounts. To verify whether the maps are mapped correctly, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, access the QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale and hit the File menu.
- After this, head towards the Preferences, followed by the Company option.
- Next, you must choose the Accounts option located beneath the Financial menu.
- From there, move to the Basic and Advanced menu to verify that the accounts are mapped appropriately. Later on, choose the Save option to store the changes made. Note: If you see the account name within brackets ([ ]). This will reflect that the accounts isn’t mapped.
- Finally, you must run a financial exchange to end this process.
Method # 2: Try to Merge Duplicate Customer Names
The users might sometimes strike with this error when duplicate customers’ names are seen in either vendor or customer list. For that, follow the steps listed below to merge them.
- Firstly, reach the Customer/Vendor page and browse the list.
- After this, you must right-click on the name you wish to merge and then opt for the Edit Customer option.
- Now, you have to replace the customer’s/vendors name and input “Type Customer”. After this, hit the OK button and then proceed further.
- As a result, the Merge window will show up on the screen.
- Thereafter, modify the Customer/Vendor name by adding the original name and click OK.
- At last, you must run the QuickBooks Desktop once again to verify if the error still exists.
Also Read – What is QuickBooks Error 100060
Drawing to a Conclusion!!
Here, we have arrived at the end of this post and hope that the troubleshooting methods elaborated above will help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 3120. With this, we assure you that you can now easily access the accounts and records manually. For additional help, feel free to contact our experts through the live chat facility.