Most often, the users might confront QuickBooks Error 108 when they receive a message from your bank or credit card company. The notifications that you receive from your financial institution are related to something that might block your account and QuickBooks connection.
On the occurrence of the error, the users won’t be able to download the banking transactions in QuickBooks. However, if you are dealing with the QuickBooks Error Code 108 and is unable to proceed further with online banking. In that scenario, we suggest you read this post thoroughly and get quick fixes for the error.
“Concerned about losing the banking data due to QuickBooks Error 108? Get the best guidance to immediately put an end to all of your worry by consulting our experts at +1-855-603-0490.“
Table of Contents
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 108
The users might discover QuickBooks Error 108 due to issues on the end of your financial institution. Apart from this, numerous other factors might evoke the error, which are as follows:
- It might occur when you contain unread notifications from your bank for making necessary changes to their terms of service.
- Your financial institutions verify your identity for security purposes, and you must sign in to online banking. Adding the incorrect username and password might give rise to the error.
- Issues related to your bank server may also be responsible.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 102
How Can You Identify Banking Error 108 in QuickBooks?
When you are affected by QuickBooks Error 108, you will notice any one of the following identifications.
- You might receive the 108 error message on your computer screen.
- When the error occurs, you might face difficulty in running the QuickBooks application.
- An active QuickBooks window will begin to crash.
- In some instances, you may notice a slow response from your PC.
Quick Tips to Eliminate QuickBooks Banking Error 108
Here, we have provided you with some simple resolution methods so that you can easily figure out QuickBooks Error 108. Ensure all the steps are performed in the same manner as written below to avoid any further issues.
Solution 1: Review the Notifications from your financial institution
- Initially, you must log in to your website using the appropriate credentials.
- Afterwards, verify the notifications received from your financial institution that require instant actions.
- You must remove all those notifications that you don’t need any more.
- After that, you must log out from your online bank account and hover your cursor over the Banking option.
- Then, go further by clicking on the Update option from the Banking tab.
- If you still receive Error 108 in QuickBooks, go to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 2: Refresh Your Bank Connections in QuickBooks
Once you have verified all the messages received from your financial institution, you must log in to QuickBooks.
Steps to perform in QuickBooks Online
- In the beginning, you first have to log in to the QuickBooks Online application.
- Afterwards, head towards the Bookkeeping and then opt for the Transactions option.
- Following this, choose the highlighted Bank Transactions option.
- Finally, hit the Update option to refresh the bank connection successfully in QuickBooks Online.
Steps to perform in QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Start the process by signing into the QuickBooks Self-Employed application.
- Afterwards, take your cursor to the profile icon and click on it. Further, select the Bank Accounts option to move to the next step.
- Lastly, opt for the Refresh All option to end the process.
Solution 3: Utilize the System File Checker Tool
You are required to scan and run the System File Checker Tool to figure out the QuickBooks Error 108. Follow the steps written below to operate the tool efficiently.
- Initially, launch the Command Prompt window by typing “cmd” within the Start menu search field.
- Consequently, it will take you to the Command Prompt window. You will see the black box with a blinking cursor in this window.
- After this, you must type “SFC/scannow” and hit Enter.
- As a result, the System File Checker will start scanning for the error code 108 and other issues.
- In the end, you must go through the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Also Read – How to Update QuickBooks to Latest Release 2023
Solution 4: Turn-Off the Popup Blocker
- Initially, access the settings of your browser that you access to launch the QuickBooks Online account.
- Afterwards, you have to look for the installed extensions in your system.
- From the list of available options, if you get the Pop-Up Blocker, then choose the option to disable it.
- Now, open the settings of your antivirus program once again and look for any pop-up blocker feature.
- If you get any pop-up blocker, disable it right away. Then, try downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Solution 5: Verify Your Windows Firewall Settings
- First of all, sign in to your computer using the proper administrator rights.
- You must be sure that you are accessing the newly launched version of QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to review your Firewall Settings so that it doesn’t obstruct the users from accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- Finally, verify your internet security settings.
Wrapping It Up!!
We conclude this post and assure you that the solutions described above will help you deal with QuickBooks Error 108. You can connect with our professionals if you are facing any difficulty while performing any solution. You can talk to our highly-experienced experts through email or QuickBooks live chat person, and our specialists will properly investigate and get you relevant solutions for the error.