You might get certain error codes and technical glitches while working on the QuickBooks Desktop Software. While you are installing, updating or downloading the payroll update, you might get the QuickBooks error 15240.
One of the most common factors behind the QuickBooks error 15240 is a privacy configuration or a malfunction in the Firewall settings. Improper data and several modifications in the computer are other factors adding to this particular error. Here, we shall cover all the possible aspects of the error, including the reasons, outcomes, and feasible ways of fixing the snag.
If you are having hard time with the QuickBooks error 15240 and need instant resolution, worry not! Contact us by dialing 855-603-0490.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 15240
This particular QuickBooks error 15240 indicates that the payroll update could not be done due to a host of reasons. A few of these reasons are:
- A change in the QuickBooks programming
- Malware or Virus on the QuickBooks documentation file
- Erroneous erasing of QuickBooks records
- Wrong or improper Internet Explorer Setting
- Incorrect date and time settings
- Misconfigured Firewall settings
Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks error 15240
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks with admin rights
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Thereafter, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- After that, select Run as an administrator
- Lastly, Click Yes to allow administrator permissions
Solution 2: Verify Date and Time Settings
- Firstly, Open up the run window by pressing Windows+R keys from the keyboard
- Thereafter, go to the Control Panel
- Next, you need to click on Clock and Region and then go to Date and Time
- Consequently, change the date and time
- Finally, Save the changes and click on Ok
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 15215
Solution 3: Authorize Windows Permissions to QuickBooks Folders
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Furthermore, go to C:\Program Files(x86)
- Now, access the Intuit folder, right-click on it and then choose Properties
- After that, After selecting the Security tab choose the Advanced option
- Consequently, Ensure that the user group is the owner of the folder
- Thereafter, you need to shut down the QuickBooks application and then find a link to the program files
- Subsequently, After locating the QuickBooks file folder, you need to right-click on the Properties option
- Furthermore, Check the Security and the Advanced option
- Finally, You need to verify the owner’s current file folder, complete the task and then check if the problem has been taken care of or not
Solution 4: Verify the settings of the Internet Explorer
- At first, Go to the Toll tab, click on the Internet option and then choose Advanced
- Thereafter, Verify and then under security option, mark the USE SSL 3.0 and USE SSL 2.0
- Finally, choose Apply and then OK
Solution 5: Check the third-party firewall
- At first, you need to check with the developer of your third-party firewall for directions on how can you adjust the settings and permit QuickBooks to download and install the updates
- Also, Make sure that the following files are allowed access to your firewall:
- Lastly, You need to also verify that the ports 80 and port 443 are not disabled
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install Tool
- At first, Open a Run window by pressing Windows and R keys together
- After that, Fill in the appwizz.cpl and then click on OK
- Subsequently, Go to the Programs and Features section and select QuickBooks and Uninstall
- Consequently, Pick the Yes Tab and after that click Next and then select Remove
- Subsequently, QuickBooks may take some time to uninstall from the QuickBooks Desktop
Recently Added : Quickbooks error 15222
Although we have cited all the possible solutions for troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15240, you might sometimes encounter a situation where you might need professional help. In such a situation, our trained QuickBooks professionals can help you with the relevant solutions. When you connect with us using our call or chat support channels, they look into the matter, identify the possible reasons and implement the best solutions to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 15240.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I fix the QuickBooks server not running issue?
Ans. In order to resolve the QuickBooks server not running issue, you should follow the steps below:
- Firstly, ensure that you are using the most recent version of QuickBooks. If your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, then you need to update the QuickBooks and try again after some time
- Consequently, If that is not fruitful, you should try resetting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Finally, when nothing works, you might want to repair the Windows Registry. Subsequently, You should be able to resolve this error by fixing the “QuickBooks server not running” issue
Q2. How can I condense the QuickBooks files?
Ans. You should follow the below-given steps to condense the QuickBooks files:
- Firstly, Go to the file menu and then choose Utilities and then tap on the Condense data option
- Accordingly, follow the instructions on the screen and you may select the options that you require. Nonetheless, Should you need assistance, you may click on the Help option
- Thereafter, select the Begin Condense option. Subsequently, when the Condense option starts, QuickBooks will automatically make a backup and will archive the file.
Q3. What is the error message that you get for the QuickBooks Error 15240?
Ans. The following two error messages are displayed on the screen when the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240 occurs:
- QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX the payroll update failed to complete successfully
- QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX the QuickBooks updates failed to complete successfully
Q4. Which are the Microsoft Windows Operating systems that can experience the QuickBooks Error 15240?
Ans. The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240 can occur in specific Windows operating systems such as:
- Windows ME
- Windows 8
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows 2000
- Windows Vista