A QuickBooks company file is responsible for storing all the financial data related to the business. It also provides the user with an easy option to get all the business-related information related at one single place. While opening or creating a new company file, QuickBooks users can sometimes get errors. The QuickBooks error 6129, 0 series of errors is one such set of errors that occurs when the database connection of QuickBooks fails to verify when the QuickBooks tries accessing the company file.
It is because of this particular error that QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. If the network that the software uses is faulty, then QuickBooks is unable to find the computer or the server that holds the company file. We are going to talk about the causes as well as the solutions of this particular error in this article. Should you need any help or assistance with the QuickBooks issues, feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
There are a host of reasons that could be responsible for QuickBooks Error 6129, 0. Some of these are:
- Third-party antivirus or an anti-malware application might be interrupting background processes that can cause this particular error.
- A network data file is used to connect QuickBooks with the company file. This file could be either damaged or corrupted.
- If the company file has been upgraded using an account that does not have administrator privileges.
- When you want to access the company file, which is located on a different domain in the network.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Troubleshooting methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0
Method 1: Rename the data network file
- Firstly, access the Windows File Manager, and then go to the QuickBooks installation folder
- Secondly, Right click on the file that has the .ND extension
- Thereafter, Select the Rename option and then suffix .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Lastly, you should try opening the company file once again
- This would rename the file
Method 2: Try moving the company file to a different location on the Windows
- At first, try copying the company file from the QuickBooks Installation folder.
- Secondly, try creating a new folder on your desktop
- Thereafter, you need to paste the company file into this newly created folder
- Thereafter, open the QuickBooks Desktop and then the company file from this new folder
- If the problem still lurks, this means the folder containing the company file is damaged or corrupt.
- If you still get the same error, you need to follow the next troubleshooting step
Method 3: Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
- Firstly, restart the system, and as the system displays the boot screen, try pressing the F8 key continuously on the keyboard.
- If you are not able to see the Advanced Boot Options window, you should then restart the computer again, and try pressing and holding down the F8 key.
- Thereafter, as you get the Advanced Boot Options window, you need to press down the arrow key, choose the Safe Mode with Networking option and then hit on Enter
- Finally, try logging in as admin and open the company file
Method 4: Ensure that all workstations are in the same network
If the computer that has the company file is located on a different network, then you might face this QuickBooks error 6129, 0. You should check with an IT professional to ensure if all the computers are connected on the same network. If not, contact them to do otherwise.
If you are still unable to access the company file using the safe mode, then it’s probable that the error has been caused by some other application installed on Windows, something like an anti-virus or an anti-malware. You should try to remove such applications from the system or contact the application provider so that he excludes QuickBooks from the scan list of such programs.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. What are the steps that can help me fix QuickBooks Error 6129?
Ans. The following steps are helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 6129:
- Firstly, login as Windows Administrator
- Secondly, disable any anti-virus or other software if you use Windows on Safe Mode
- Rename QuickBooks Network Files
- Finally, try copying the company file in a different location
Q2. How can I fix a QuickBooks error code?
Ans. Following steps can help fix a QuickBooks Error Code:
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks
- Secondly, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Thereafter, open the downloaded file
- Consequently, follow the steps on the screen to install it
- After the installation, try opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the Windows Desktop
- Choose the Program Problems
- Finally, click on Quick Fix My Program
Q3. How can I do a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop?
Ans. Firstly, click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your computer’s desktop. Thereafter, choose the Installation issues and then click on the Clean Install tool option. After that, select the QuickBooks desktop version and then click on Continue. As you get the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location”, click on the OK option
Q4. How can I use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery option?
Ans. Follow these steps to recover lost data from QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
- Go to the folder which stores the company file
- If absolutely required, make the file extensions visible
- Go to the “QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Folder”
- Access the two files with the extensions .qbw.adr and .qbw.adr.old
- Copy the Auto Data Recovery file to the new folder