Are you searching for ways to easily troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code skipped 111? If yes, your search ends here. Continue reading and learn everything about this error in detail. We are all familiar with QuickBooks, which allows users to back up their essential company data files. However, users often encounter the error code skipped 111 in the application while backing up their company files. The obvious cause of this issue is damaged company files. Now, how you can get rid of this issue is given in this post.
Need professional assistance while addressing the annoying QuickBooks error skipped 111?
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error Code Skipped 111 – A Quick Brief!
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is an advanced software yet prone to technical errors. One of these errors is the QuickBooks error code skipped 111. As we discussed above, users mainly face this error while backing up their required QuickBooks company files. Also, this error can occur if users try to run the QuickBooks verify data utility to check any company file issues. At such times, they notice a message reading, “QuickBooks Error 111- recover data file” or “QuickBooks Error Code 111- QuickBooks is not working.”
Moreover, this company backup error in QuickBooks is not very threatening for users. But, if not resolved immediately, it can be dangerous enough to your company files and the entire computer system. Thus, you must perform some basic troubleshooting solutions to eliminate this error from the application. First, we suggest you learn about the possible factors giving rise to this QuickBooks error code skipped 111.
What Mainly Gives Rise to QuickBooks Error Skipped – 111?
Knowing the causes of the error is essential. It will help you learn what exactly has rooted the QuickBooks error skipped – 111 in your application. Continue reading:
- The error will occur during the company file backup if you’re running an outdated version of the QuickBooks application on your system.
- The spacious issue of the hard disk of your computer system is also a reason for facing company backup errors in QuickBooks.
- An outdated Windows operating system is also a reason for facing issues like QuickBooks error code 111.
- If your computer system is facing any issues from malware attacks or any malicious virus infection, you may face company backup file issues.
- Another major cause of the QuickBooks error skipped – 111 is the insufficient space in your system’s RAM.
What Makes Users Know About the QuickBooks Error Skipped – 111?
It’s harmful enough to ignore the error code skipped 111 in QuickBooks because, after a while, it will start hampering your business administration on QuickBooks. Thus, take a look at the following signs, and these will help you become aware of the error attack. Catch the error and troubleshoot it immediately.
- You can guess about the error attack if your system is repeatedly freezing or crashing.
- The slow and sluggish performance of your Windows is another sign of the QuickBooks error skipped – 111.
- Your keyboard tabs and mouse click commands may not respond after the attack of this error in QuickBooks.
- Another sign to catch the error code 111 in your QuickBooks application is noticing the corrupted company files.
- Continuous flashing of the QuickBooks error skipped message 111 is, of course, a notable sign to sense the issue in your application.
How Can I Easily Fix QuickBooks Error Code Skipped 111?
Get free of this annoying QuickBooks error code skipped 111 by performing the solutions given in the section below. We have cited the top three methods to help you fix this issue. If one fails, you can try the next one. Let’s begin with the first one:
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Fix the Issue by Running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Since this issue is related to the QuickBooks company file, running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, which is particularly designed for fixing company issues, can be effective. Perform the instructions as jotted down and fix this error:
- Firstly, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system (if you don’t have one) by visiting the official website of Intuit.
- Start by downloading the installer file of the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and once it’s done, save this download QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your system’s Desktop.
- Now, double-tap this file to open, and perform the given instructions to begin with the installation.
- Once you have performed all these on-screen instructions, hit the Next button and continue with the installation by clicking the Install button.
- Wait till this Tool Hub installation is over, and once it’s finished, click the Finish option to end the installation.
- Now, as you have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer system, open the same and directly navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
- Here, you will get the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Click this tool to run, and select the company file you wish to fix. You can also search for the file by selecting the Browse tab.
- After this, the tool will start running to detect and fix the company file issues. This process may take some time, so wait for a while.
- Once finished, close the QuickBooks Tool Hub and retry to back up the required company file. If you still get the QuickBooks error code skipped 111, perform the next strategy.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Rerun the Verify & Rebuild Data Utility by Editing the Paycheck
Make some required changes in the paycheck subtitles having issues. After this, refresh all the paycheck contents and rerun the QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data tools to fix the annoying error code skipped 111 in QuickBooks.
- For this, firstly, open your paycheck, having issues with the QuickBooks application.
- Now, you must make some proxy, or we can say temporary changes in this paycheck. These changes include date or amount.
- You can also edit specific payroll items (if you wish) by clicking the Paycheck Detail option.
- Click the OK option, and then tap the Save & Close button to save the changes made till now.
- By this, you will get an edited transactions list. To save this edited list of transactions, you must confirm and click the Yes button.
- Now, hit the Save alternative and return to the original figures you have entered in the paycheck by performing all the above steps.
- After this, save this file of original paycheck details and correspondingly back up this file.
- Done up to this? Now, close all the running windows in the background and open the QuickBooks application.
- Move to the File tab, and hit the Verify Data and Rebuild Data utilities to run the same.
- Finally, check whether the QuickBooks error skipped – 111 still persists or not. If yes, let’s try the next method.
Troubleshooting Method 3 – Recover the Backup QuickBooks Company File
As we noted above, the damaged company files are one of the major reasons for QuickBooks error 111. So, follow the instructions below and restrain the QuickBooks backup company file, which is free of damage. Let’s begin!
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks application and navigate to the File tab to choose the Open or Restore Company alternative.
- Now, you must hit the Local Backup button and click the Next tab.
- Continue to this, and search for your last company backup file. This file will have the .qbb extension.
- Once you find the file, select the location where you wish to save this restored backup QuickBooks company file.
Professionals Are a Call Away!
Hopefully, the solutions given above have helped you fix the QuickBooks error code skipped 111. However, if these solutions have failed to help you troubleshoot the issue, just connect with us. Our professionals are available to help you with effective resolution strategies via Live Chat Support.
A1: Yes, you may face the QuickBooks error code 111 if your transactions are listed uncategorized. Such transactions come under a missing transaction list.
A2: You can learn about the QuickBooks error 111 skipped by noticing the following signs.
- QuickBooks crashing and freezing
- Slow and sluggish performance of Windows
- Continuous display of QuickBooks error skipped message 111
A3: Our QuickBooks team is just a call away. Call us anytime anywhere or reach out to us via the available Live Chat Support option.