Users often confront QuickBooks Error 12057 while attempting to update the payroll to the newly launched version. In other instances, it may evoke due to misconfiguration of the internet settings. Whenever the error pops up, it stops the users from processing the payroll and halts the ongoing task. Therefore, it is mandatory to overcome this issue using the correct troubleshooting methods explained in this post.
Struggling while fixing QuickBooks Error 12057 on your own and need expert’s help? Dial Experts Helpline @ +1-855-603-0490 and connect with our professionals to get quick answers to your queries.
Reasons Why You Come Across QuickBooks Error 12057
Usually, users might encounter QuickBooks Error 12057 because of inappropriate internet settings. Apart from this, plenty of factors might give rise to this error, which is as follows.
- You might end up with QuickBooks Error 12057 due to incorrect SSL settings.
- Issues with the QuickBooks installation may be one of the reasons.
- Sometimes, it may evoke when Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus software interrupt QB to install the payroll.
- Another reason may be an inappropriate network setup.
- In other instances, it may occur because of your system’s wrong date and time.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15203
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12057?
Before exploring the resolution methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12057, you must be sure about the occurrence of the same. The users might be displayed with any one of these signs and symptoms when the error occurs.
- You might experience that QuickBooks or Windows starts freezing suddenly.
- QuickBooks starts performing badly after getting the latest updates.
- It might be possible that the screen works fine and then stops responding, and this process continues.
- Sometimes, it might occur when users fail to get the latest QuickBooks Payroll update.
What should be done to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057?
After knowing the root causes that might lead to Error Code 12057 in QuickBooks, you must proceed further to the troubleshooting part.
Here, we have listed some quick resolution methods to overcome the issue.
Resolution Method 1: Verify The SSL Configuration Below the Internet Settings
- In the initial phase, press the Windows + R and insert “Control Panel” within the search box of the Run window.
- After this, hit the Enter key and select the highlighted Network and Internet option.
- Following this, head towards the Internet Options and then hit the Advanced tab.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page and mark the “Use SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0” checkboxes.
- Thereafter, click on Apply and then opt for the OK button.
- Ultimately, try to update the QuickBooks Payroll and verify if the error persists.
Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3003
Resolution Method 2: Make Internet Explorer Your Default Browser
- To begin with, launch Internet Explorer and hit the Tool icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Following this, tap Internet Options and click the Programs tab.
- Proceed further by clicking the Make Default button below the Default Web Browser option.
- After this, hit OK and launch QuickBooks to update the payroll to the newly launched version.
Resolution Method 3: Operate QuickBooks Using Administrative Rights
At times, users might end up with QuickBooks Error 12057 due to a lack of admin rights. Therefore, to fix the issue, login to QBDT using admin rights. For that, you must perform the steps outlined below.
- In the first step, open the Control Panel and choose the User Accounts option.
- Afterwards, opt for the Manage User Accounts option and verify that your account has proper admin rights.
- Alternatively, you may also right-click on the QuickBooks icon. Later, opt for the Run as Administrator option to run QBDT with admin rights.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317
Resolution Method 4: Configuration of the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
There might be certain instances when the damage in the installation of the application might evoke QuickBooks Error 12057. You must repair the QBDT by implementing the simple steps outlined below to deal with the issue.
- Firstly, launch the Run window and insert “appwiz.cpl” within the search area.
- Now, press the Enter key and scroll down to the list to pick the QuickBooks option.
- After this, double-tap on QuickBooks and opt for the Repair option.
- Once the application is repaired, launch Windows again and try to upgrade the payroll again.
With this, we conclude this post and hope that the resolution methods listed above resolve QuickBooks Error 12057. However, if you are still struggling with this error, run the install Diagnostic tool to fix the issue. For any additional help, communicate with our professionals through live chat and fix your issue.
Also Read This Article – QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107