QuickBooks error 12152 is a payroll update error that arises when the user tries to download the latest updates for the QuickBooks payroll feature. Somehow, due to a technical reason, QuickBooks fails to download the updates. This error mainly arises due to a weak internet connection or server issues.
QuickBooks payroll update error 12152 may disallow the users to use the accounting software, impacting their work productivity. Getting this error resolved is not a challenging task, but it can become a headache if the user needs to learn how to resolve it. In this post, we will focus on the error in-depth, and you can follow the instructions mentioned below to resolve the error.
“Get quick assistance in resolving QuickBooks error 12152 by our experts by calling at +1-855-603-0490”
Why QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 Arises?
Let’s discuss the root causes which provoke the QuickBooks update 12152 error;
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application can be the primary reason for payroll error 12152 in QuickBooks.
- Unstable or poor internet connection.
- When your device is affected by the virus.
- Sudden power failures can shut down the PC, which may lead to an error.
- QuickBooks installation files need to be downloaded properly on your device.
- Windows registry files are damaged or corrupted on your device.
- Missing QuickBooks files may also cause the QuickBooks error 12152.
- QuickBooks desktop software is unable to find the licensing information.
These are the possible reasons a user may face QuickBooks payroll update error 12152 on their device.
Also Read – How to Setup the QuickBooks Desktop
Signs & Symptoms of QuickBooks 12152 Payroll Update Error
If you are facing any of the below-mentioned signs or symptoms, then it indicates that your device is affected by QuickBooks update error 12152;
- QuickBooks desktop application is not working/ opening.
- Your PC shutdowns suddenly.
- A pop-up window display message appears on the screen, reflecting error code 12152.
- PC’s screen is frequently hanging.
- The mouse and keyword need to respond to the user’s command.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152
After having detailed information with the list of possible reasons for the error, along with the symptoms to identify the error, let’s take a brief look at some of the tried and tested solutions that you can execute to fix QuickBooks error 12152;
Solution 1. Verify Date and Timing Settings
The first solution to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 12152 is to check your device’s date and timings settings. Incorrect settings can lead to the occurrence of the error.
So, here are the steps that you can follow to check the date and timing settings on your device;
- First, ensure that your device’s date and timings settings are correct.
- In case you find that any detail is incorrect, then put the cursor at the time and then do a right click on it.
- After that, you must click on the “Change Date and Time” option.
- Then, change the date and timings per your region, and click on the “OK” option.
Once you are done with the above steps, restart the QuickBooks desktop application, and check whether the error code 12152 has been eliminated.
You can see also – Fix QuickBooks Gmail Not Working Problem
Solution 2. Restore the Internet Settings Option on Your System
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can configure to restore internet settings on your device;
- First, press and hold the “Windows + R” keys together on your device to open the windows run command on your device.
- Moving ahead, you have to type “Control Panel” in the search box, and then click on the “OK” option.
- As the control panel window appears on your screen, click on the search bar option, and type “Internet options.”
- Now, the internet properties pop-up box will appear on your screen.
- Here, switch to the “Advanced” tab settings and click on the “Restore Advanced Settings” option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on the “OK” option, and wait a few minutes to revert to the internet settings option.
At last, restart your PC, and launch the QuickBooks desktop application to check whether the QuickBooks error code 12152 has been eliminated.
Solution 3. Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks clean install tool is an in-built tool inside the QuickBooks tool hub, which helps to fix the installation issues with the software. To run the QuickBooks clean install tool on your device, given below are the steps that you can perform to do so;
- First, launch the control panel on your device, and move to the “Programs and Features” window.
- Thereon, click on the “Uninstall a Program” option and then select the “Next” option to view a prompt asking to choose between Repair and Remove.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Remove” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, navigate to Intuit’s official website and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After the downloading ends, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Thereon, launch the QuickBooks tool hub application on your device, and then click on the “Installation Issues” option available at the left side menu screen.
- Click the “QuickBooks Clean Install Tool” option, and the diagnosing process will commence on your device.
- As the diagnosing process ends, update the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release, and then check whether the QuickBooks error code 12152 has been resolved.
If this method does not help you eliminate the error, move forward with the procedure below.
Solution 4. Change/ Revise Registry Editor Extension
An invalid windows registry can lead to various technical issues in the system, and error code 12152 QuickBooks is among them. So, here are the steps that you can execute to modify the registry editor extension on your device;
- Firstly, you must open the windows run command on your device by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, you have to type “cmd” in the search box. Note: Make sure not to press the enter button.
- After that, the permission dialogue box will appear on your screen.
- Here, you have to click on the “Yes” option.
- Moving ahead, a blank black window with a blinking cursor will open on your screen.
- You must type “Regedit” and then hit the enter button.
- Thereon, you must search for a related key with QuickBooks error code 12152 in the registry editor windows such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Afterward, move to the “File” menu and click on the “Export” option.
- Followed by the above steps, save Google Chrome or Internet Explorer backup key in a folder, and then provide a file to the name.
- Select the required branch, and click on the “Save” option.
- At last, ensure that the file is stored in the desired path location with the .reg extension.
Also see – Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Solution 5. Restore Your Computer to the Previous Mode
If you have recently updated your PC’s window to the latest release, then there are some chances that some bugs may enter your device. The best way to deal with these small bugs is to restore the older version on your PC.
Given below are the steps that you can execute to restore your PC to the previous mode;
- First of all, log in to your computer with administrative rights.
- Secondly, you have to click on the “Windows” icon, and navigate to the “All Programs” option.
- After that, navigate to the “Accessories” section, and move to the “System Tools” option.
- Now, select the “System Restore” option.
- Followed by the above steps, a prompt window will appear on the screen, and then you have to select the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option.
- Then click on the “Next” option, and select the location/ point/ folder where you want to restore the version.
- Confirm the restoration request by clicking on the “Next” option.
- Again click on the “Next” option, and permit the program to complete the process.
At last, once you are done with the above steps, then check whether the QuickBooks error code 12152 has been fixed or not.
We hope you find this blog useful. This blog has covered five tried and tested solutions you can execute to resolve QuickBooks error 12152: payroll update. If you need a different method than the methods mentioned above, and if you still face the error, you can get in touch with QuickBooks experts. Our QuickBooks specialists are available 24*7 at the help desk to provide the best feasible solution for your query.