QuickBooks error 1321 is one such error that users might encounter due to lack of permissions for accessing a specific file in QuickBooks. It may also takes place while accessing the older version of the accounting software. Whenever the error pops up, it displays the following error message on your computer screen stating:
Consequently, this error stops the users from installing the company file. Therefore, it is essential to resolve the error at its earliest using the correct troubleshooting techniques explained in this post.
“Can’t find a way to fix QuickBooks error 1321? Well! Get in touch with us by dialing 1855-603-0490 and get help with the error resolution.”
Also Read – Repair QuickBooks Error 16026
QuickBooks Error Message 1321: Description
QuickBooks error 1321 often occurs when installing the QuickBooks company file. The error message appears when you are performing this task without having sufficient permission to access the company file. You will be warned about the same that the installer doesn’t have sufficient permissions.
Besides, various instances of the error messages can be seen after the arrival of the error. You need to repair the possible reasons behind the error to stop the error message from appearing on your screen every time you perform the solution.
Possible Reasons that Evoke Error 1321 in QuickBooks
Being aware of the possible reasons behind the error can make troubleshooting easier for you. Therefore, we have listed the primary reasons behind the arrival of error 1321:
- When the file copying process lags as compared to the file update process.
- QuickBooks being blocked by an antivirus Firewall can give error code 1321 on the screen.
- Restricted Windows permissions for the folder containing the file.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file or one which is already in use.
- Improper shut down of your computer.
These are some of the main reasons behind the arrival of the error, and therefore, your troubleshooting solutions must revolve around the same issues.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Not Responding Error
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1321
To identify the error code 1321, you need to keep an eye on the following symptoms:
- Various instances of error can be observed on your screen, such as:
- Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- You may not be able to install a QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks responds slower than normal.
- Windows restricting the folder is also one of the important signs of the error code 1321.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
After discussing all the important aspects of the error code 1321 in QuickBooks, we can proceed further to implement the troubleshooting solutions.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool By Downloading Tool Hub
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool scans the installation issues in the QuickBooks application and fix them to improve the program’s performance. You will need to Download QuickBooks Tool Hub to run this efficient tool. You can get it done by following the below-given steps:
- First of all, you need to terminate all the programs running in the background, including QuickBooks.
- After that, download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your Desktop from Intuit’s legit site.
- Once the tool is downloaded, install it using the relevant steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, open the tool hub and select Installation Issues. This step will enable you to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Run it and wait until repairs the damaged installation of the program is done.
After completing this procedure, check if the QuickBooks error 1321 is resolved or not. Try the next solution if there is no help with this method.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 102
Solution 2: Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus Application and Reinstall It
Once the installation issues are repaired, disable your antivirus application and then re-install or update it. The steps are as follows:
- Disable your antivirus or internet security application in the first place.
- When disabling your security software, make sure that your system is not connected to the Internet.
- After that, install the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Update the program to the latest release available.
- After the successful install/update process, turn your antivirus application on to safeguard your device from malicious threats.
Solution 3: Create a New Windows Admin User Account
If none of the solutions discussed so far has helped you in the error resolution, create a new windows admin user to enable full permissions. Let’s discuss how to do it:
- Punch the Start key and then the Control panel.
- Next, you need to select the User/Accounts.
- Thereafter, go for Create a New user option and give a name to this account.
- Moving ahead, set the account as an Administrator.
- Once the account is created, log out from the current account.
- In the end, login to the new account to finish the task.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
We hope that you may find this post helpful in resolving QuickBooks error 1321 instantly. If you are still discovering the same error, then you can reach out to our highly-skilled professionals through live chat facility for quick resolution. If you want to avoid the troubleshooting hassles, connect with an QuickBooks expert and get fast help to fix QuickBooks error 1321.