QuickBooks is considered one of the highly efficient accounting software that must be regularly updated to run it perfectly. By missing any update, your QuickBooks may witness slight errors. You can go through this blog to know the steps you have to follow while updating this brilliant accounting software. You can either update QuickBooks manually or automatically. You can even reach out to the technical team by calling QuickBooks contact number to help resolve your query and update your accounting software.
Things to Keep in Mind before Upgrading QuickBooks
By updating the QuickBooks software to a new launch will make a slight change to the database. Due to these modifications, the information file won’t be readable with the earlier releases.
You must make sure that you have QuickBooks Desktop Patch
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and then hit on the “F2” key of your keyboard.
- Now go to the “Product Information” screen and then verify the current version and release of the QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop
You can use four ways to download the update of QuickBooks from the internet. However, you must have a good internet connection.
- Automatic update
- Manual update
- Release download
Once you have downloaded the QuickBooks update, then every important company file will be installed automatically in your system. You will see the prompt once the updates are successfully downloaded.
Method 1: Manual Update
Use the Internet for Downloading Updates
- Go to the page of Downloads & Updates.
- In the drop-down menu of Select Product, you have to choose your “QuickBooks product”.
- Then in the Select Version drop-down, select the proper variant and year.
- You need to select the option of “Get the latest updates” and then Save/Save File to get the update.
- Once the download is finished, double-click on it to set up the update.
- After that, restart your Windows once the installation process completes.
For manually installing upgrades in your system
- You must have access to the setup file onto your own system from a different computer. Or you need to Copy the setup file in the flash drive, then paste it into another computer.
- Go to the “File” menu, select the “Close Company/Logoff” icon and then choose the “Exit” tab.
- Double click on the icon of QuickBooks and then choose the option of “Run as Administrator”.
- In the window of “No Company Open”, you need to go to the “Help” and then select the “Update QuickBooks”.
- Now you need to move to the “Update Now” option and then check the “Reset Update” box.
- Then you have to select “Get Updates”.
- Once the update is complete, you will see the pop-up of ‘Update Complete’, then you need to close the QuickBooks.
- Try to open the QuickBooks software again; if you see the install update message, click on Yes.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to restart the system.
Ultralight Patch (ULIP)
The Ultra-Light Patch (ULIP) characteristic of QuickBooks Desktop is when any small crucial repairs can be sent without a real release limitation. This patch release process will last until that particular release is there (R releases, 2017 R5).
Method 2: Automatic Update Methods
Download & Install the Automatic Update Now
- Open your QuickBooks & then click on the “Help” menu and select the “Update QuickBooks”.
- On the next screen, you need to click on the “Update Now”.
- For erasing all the previously downloaded updates, tick mark on the “Reset Update” check box.
- Then select the icon of “Get Updates”.
- At last, you need to restart your QuickBooks Software.
Set Automatic Updates
- Click on the “Help” menu and then choose the icon of “Update QuickBooks”.
- In the “Update QuickBooks” screen, you have to select the “Option” tab.
- You have to choose the “Radio button” for the “Yes” icon to switch on the automatic updates.
- At last, select the “Close” tab.
I hope, this blog, with its optimum information, may help you update QuickBooks software to its latest version. However, if you have any queries or witness any error while updating this accounting software, please feel free to call the QuickBooks helpline number available at all 24 hours.