QuickBooks Update error 12045 can take place while updating the QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest release. The error usually occurs when your date, time or Internet connection settings are not correct. However, several other possible reasons can also give rise to this error. To rectify this issue, you need to find those reasons and correct them with a relevant solution. You may need to undertake the trial and error method for the error resolution, which means trying solutions one after the other until the error is resolved. Read this full post to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 12045.
Dealing with QuickBooks update failure due to error code 12045? Talk to an expert and get assistance with the troubleshooting steps.
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons That Can Bring Forth QuickBooks Update Error 12045
QuickBooks error 12045 can take place due to multiple factors; therefore, listing them is the first step you may take towards the error resolution. Check the below-listed points:
- When the date and time setting is not correct, you may experience an error while updating QuickBooks.
- Failure of QuickBooks to connect with Intuit’s server can give rise to the QuickBooks error 12045.
- Running different instances of the QuickBooks application on your machine is also one of the possible reasons behind the existing error.
- Make sure that your Internet connection settings are properly configured; otherwise, it can cause the update process to be obstructed.
- Sometimes, a damaged QuickBooks company file becomes the root cause of the update error in QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 12045
Now that you are familiar with the possible reasons behind the error, the below-given symptoms can help you in determining error 12045:
- You may not be able to update the QuickBooks application.
- An error message will show up on your screen with the text- Error 12045: Failed to download the update.
- Inability to access the improved feature of the QuickBooks software.
- An ongoing process in QuickBooks gets affected by the warning message.
Solutions To Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12045
Now that we are fully aware of the error, below are some of the most effective solutions that can help you eliminate the problem once applied carefully.
Solution 1: Make Sure That the System’s Date & Time Are Correct
In the first place, you need to confirm that the time and settings are correct on the system facing the update error. To check:
- In the first place, go to the taskbar and right-click the date and time option.
- Next, you need to choose to adjust the date/time option.
- Thereafter, click the Change date and time option.
- Once done, adjust your date and time if not correct.
- Click Apply button and then hit OK.
- Now, close this window and open the QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Moving ahead, click the Help tab and click the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Try updating QuickBooks software and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Reset QuickBooks Updates And Try Again
If the QuickBooks error 12045 still continues, reset QuickBooks updates and try to install the updates again. Follow the below-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to start the procedure.
- Now navigate to the assistance and then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update Now is your next selection to move ahead with the procedure.
- Now choose the Reset Update option from the drop-down list and select Get Updates.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop update is taking some time, wait patiently until the process is done.
If you are still struggling with the QuickBooks error 12045, then move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Check Your Internet Settings To Fix 12045
As we have seen that faulty Internet connection settings can also prevent users from updating the QuickBooks application, we will try to fix this issue. Here, you need to verify your Internet settings by following the below-given steps:
- When on your Internet browser, go to your bank’s website; for instance – chase.com.
- If you are not able to access the website, you need to reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Contrarily, if you are able to access the bank’s website, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then navigate to the Help menu to select Internet Connection Setup.
- Next, select the My Computer’s Internet Connection option in order to establish a connection when the program accesses the Internet.
- Now, click the Next button.
- Once done, you need to select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Thereafter, from within the Advanced tab, you need to select the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Now click Apply and then the OK button, followed by selecting the Done option to conclude this procedure.
If you are still facing this error, jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 4: Check If You Are Running Multiple Instances of QuickBooks
If you are still facing the update error code 12045 in QuickBooks, make sure that you don’t have multiple instances of QuickBooks installed on your device. However, if you have the same version of the program installed twice on your system, an update error can come into sight. In such a case, you need to delete the other installation of the program for the error resolution.
All in All!
We have tried our best to help you in the resolution of QuickBooks error 12045. However, if you are experiencing technical unease in the troubleshooting or need fast resolution to save your time, our experts are ready to help. Describe what causes you the hard knocks and get your queries answered.