QuickBooks Update error 12045 can take place while updating the QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest release. The error usually occurs when your date, time or Internet connection settings are not correct. However, several other possible reasons can also give rise to this error. To rectify this issue, you need to find those reasons and correct them with a relevant solution. You may need to undertake the trial and error method for the error resolution, which means trying solutions one after the other until the error is resolved.
Dealing with QuickBooks update failure due to error code 12045? Talk to an expert and get assistance with the troubleshooting steps.
Error 12045 in QuickBooks occurs when the software encounters difficulties while trying to download and install updates. The error message may read: “A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.” Several factors can contribute to the occurrence of this error, making it essential to identify the root cause before applying the appropriate solution. Read this full post to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 12045.
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons That Can Bring Forth QuickBooks Update Error 12045
QuickBooks error 12045 can take place due to multiple factors; therefore, listing them is the first step you may take towards the error resolution. Check the below-listed points:
- When the date and time setting is not correct, you may experience an error while updating QuickBooks.
- Failure of QuickBooks to connect with Intuit’s server can give rise to the QuickBooks error 12045.
- Running different instances of the QuickBooks application on your machine is also one of the possible reasons behind the existing error.
- Make sure that your Internet connection settings are properly configured; otherwise, it can cause the update process to be obstructed.
- Sometimes, a damaged QuickBooks company file becomes the root cause of the update error in QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 12045
Now that you are familiar with the possible reasons behind the error, the below-given symptoms can help you in determining error 12045:
- You may not be able to update the QuickBooks application.
- An error message will show up on your screen with the text- Error 12045: Failed to download the update.
- Inability to access the improved feature of the QuickBooks software.
- An ongoing process in QuickBooks gets affected by the warning message.
Solutions To Eliminate QuickBooks Error 12045
Now that we are fully aware of the error, below are some of the most effective solutions that can help you eliminate the problem once applied carefully.
Solution 1: Make Sure That the System’s Date & Time Are Correct
In the first place, you need to confirm that the time and settings are correct on the system facing the update error. To check:
- In the first place, go to the taskbar and right-click the date and time option.
- Next, you need to choose to adjust the date/time option.
- Thereafter, click the Change date and time option.
- Once done, adjust your date and time if not correct.
- Click Apply button and then hit OK.
- Now, close this window and open the QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Moving ahead, click the Help tab and click the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Try updating QuickBooks software and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Reset QuickBooks Updates And Try Again
If the QuickBooks error 12045 still continues, reset QuickBooks updates and try to install the updates again. Follow the below-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to start the procedure.
- Now navigate to the assistance and then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update Now is your next selection to move ahead with the procedure.
- Now choose the Reset Update option from the drop-down list and select Get Updates.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop update is taking some time, wait patiently until the process is done.
If you are still struggling with the QuickBooks error 12045, then move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 3: Check Your Internet Settings To Fix 12045
As we have seen that faulty Internet connection settings can also prevent users from updating the QuickBooks application, we will try to fix this issue. Here, you need to verify your Internet settings by following the below-given steps:
- When on your Internet browser, go to your bank’s website; for instance – chase.com.
- If you are not able to access the website, you need to reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Contrarily, if you are able to access the bank’s website, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then navigate to the Help menu to select Internet Connection Setup.
- Next, select the My Computer’s Internet Connection option in order to establish a connection when the program accesses the Internet.
- Now, click the Next button.
- Once done, you need to select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Thereafter, from within the Advanced tab, you need to select the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Now click Apply and then the OK button, followed by selecting the Done option to conclude this procedure.
If you are still facing this error, jump to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 4: Check If You Are Running Multiple Instances of QuickBooks
If you are still facing the update error code 12045 in QuickBooks, make sure that you don’t have multiple instances of QuickBooks installed on your device. However, if you have the same version of the program installed twice on your system, an update error can come into sight. In such a case, you need to delete the other installation of the program for the error resolution.
Effective Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 12045:
- Check Internet Connectivity:
Ensure a stable and reliable internet connection.
Disable any proxy settings and configure the network to allow QuickBooks access to the update servers.
- Review Firewall and Security Settings:
Temporarily disable firewalls or security software to identify if they are causing the issue.
If disabling the firewall resolves the error, reconfigure it to allow QuickBooks through.
- Update SSL Settings:
Ensure that the SSL settings in Internet Explorer are correctly configured.
Update Internet Explorer to the latest version.
- Browser Troubleshooting:
Clear the browser cache and cookies to eliminate potential conflicts.
Try updating QuickBooks using a different browser.
- Check for Software Conflicts:
Identify and disable any third-party applications or antivirus software temporarily.
If the update succeeds after disabling a particular application, consider updating or reinstalling the conflicting software.
- Verify System Date and Time:
Ensure that the system date and time settings are accurate.
Set the system to synchronize time with internet time servers.
- Manual Updates:
If the automatic update fails, consider downloading and installing updates manually from the official QuickBooks website.
All in All!
QuickBooks Update Error 12045 can be frustrating, but by systematically addressing potential causes, users can resolve the issue and resume seamless operations. Regular maintenance of internet settings, software configurations, and system updates can contribute to a smoother QuickBooks experience, reducing the likelihood of encountering such errors in the future. if you are experiencing technical unease in the troubleshooting or need fast resolution to save your time, our experts are ready to help. Describe what causes you the hard knocks and get your queries answered.
Ans. QuickBooks Update Error 12045 is an error code that occurs when QuickBooks Desktop is unable to complete a payroll or software update. This error may be caused by issues such as network connection problems, incorrect SSL settings, or internet security settings blocking the update process.
Ans. Several factors can contribute to QuickBooks Update Error 12045, including:
- Network connectivity issues.
- Incorrect SSL settings.
- Internet security or firewall settings blocking QuickBooks updates.
- Issues with the internet connection.
Ans. To resolve QuickBooks Update Error 12045, you can try the following steps:
- Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
- Verify that your SSL settings are configured correctly.
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Configure your internet security and firewall settings to allow QuickBooks updates.
Ans. To check and update SSL settings in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the “Help” menu.
- Select “Internet Connection Setup.”
- Choose the option that says “Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.”
- Click “Next” and then click “Done.”
Ans: Internet security software or firewall settings may block QuickBooks updates as a precaution. QuickBooks requires a secure connection to download updates, and if your security settings are too strict, they may prevent the update process. To resolve this, you can add QuickBooks to the list of trusted applications in your security software or adjust firewall settings to allow QuickBooks updates.