QuickBooks Error 7149 is one of the most frustrating errors. In case you are receiving this error, it means your system has less space to save the file. It is among one of the technical glitches that QuickBooks users face. When a user encounters this error, their system crashes, and an error message pops up on the screen displaying :
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
In this article, we have mentioned all the methods to fix the error along with the reasons and the symptoms behind it. So read this blog to grab your solution.
Haunting for a way to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 7149 immediately? Dial @+1855-603-0490 and get in touch with QuickBooks experts to get the best solution possible.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 12038
What are the Root causes behind QuickBooks Error 7149?
Before you begin with the troubleshoots of the QuickBooks Error Code 7149, it’s important to know the reasons that cause this error.
- Corrupt or damaged installation of the QuickBooks software.
- The system is full of Malware or virus.
- Presence of Antivirus in the system.
- The issue in the particular system.
- Damage in the Windows Registry.
How to identify QuickBooks Error 7149?
Let’s now take a look at the signs which can indicate the presence of Error 7149 in your system.
- Your Window reacts slowly.
- The QuickBooks freezes repeatedly.
- The error message pops up on your screen.
- You may encounter this error if a running application crashes repeatedly.
Apt Methods to rectify QuickBooks Error 7149
After discussing all the crucial points Related to QuickBooks Error 7149, let’s move to the troubleshooting methods.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6138
First Method: Uninstall & Re-Install QuickBooks
The most effective step a user can opt to fix QuickBooks error code 7149 is uninstalling the software and Re-installing it. Below we have mentioned how to do it:
- Initially, click on the Windows icon, and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Now, select the Add or Remove program tab.
- Next, Look for the QuickBooks option, and right-click on it.
- Choose the repair option, and follow the prompt that appears on your screen to complete the repair process.
- Next, you have to select the Uninstall option to uninstall QuickBooks.
- Now, reinstall it and restart your system, and open the QuickBooks software again.
Second Method: Repair the Windows Registry Key
In the Windows Registry, you can find each and every detail related to your system, including hardware, software, and preferences. So to rectify the error, fix the registry key.
- In the Windows Registry, you can find each and every detail related to your system, including hardware, software, and preferences. So to rectify the error, fix the registry key.
- Select the Start button, and click on Run.
- Now in the Run dialogue box, type write Regedit and hit on Enter.
- Next, search for all the installed apps present in the system and remove them one by one.
- Select HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then hit on the option.
- Here you have to search for the keys and delete all of them, which are linked with the names of uninstalled apps.
- Now delete the duplicate keys for the uninstalled programs, by following the given steps:
- Press Ctrl and F keys together to open the Find box.
- Next, enter the application’s name in that box, and hit enter. Consequently, it will highlight the key that will match the name for which you are looking.
- Delete all the highlighted keys.
- Note: Use F3 Key to delete those programs easily.
- Moreover, you also have to delete all the undesired startup components for your system.
Also Read – Debug QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Third Method: Turn off the Antivirus software
If your Antivirus software is creating interference while accessing the QuickBooks Desktop. Disable it for some time and check if the problem is fixed. To do so, follow the given steps:
- Open your desktop, and search for the Antivirus icon.
- Next right- click on that icon.
- On the next page, there will be a number of options available; search for the disable option to turn off the antivirus.
- Now, try to access QuickBooks.
Note: You may have to Start your system again in safe mode and update the software if required.
Fourth Method: Clear all the Malware present in the System
One of the major reasons behind the QuickBooks error 7149 is the presence of Malware or viruses. So, to remove them from your system, you can run a complete scan on your computer using antivirus software. In case the antivirus finds any malware or potential threat, it will remove them instantly, on its own.
Once the removal of Malware is done, restart the system and run QuickBooks software.
Fifth Method: Shut Down all the interfering programs
In case some other program is running in the background, it may interfere with the QuickBooks software. Thus in such situations, you have to close all the other background programs individually and try to run QuickBooks only.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to launch Task manager.
- Now, you can see the list of all the programs or apps running in the background.
- Thereon, navigate to the Processes tab, and close all the Program one by one using the end process tab.
- Now, look for the message that appears while closing the process
- Here, you can see which process is creating a snag.
- At last, you can perform the steps to uninstall that Program.
Also Read – QuickBooks Not Responding Error
Wrapping it up!
As discussed above, we have tried our best to provide you with a guide that covers all the methods to fix QuickBooks Error 7149. In case you are facing any issues with the instructions mentioned above, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts via mail at email@example.com. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24/7 to listen to your issue and assist you with the best feasible solution.