QuickBooks gives an option using which users can manage or delete a customer in QuickBooks that they don’t require any more. Doing so will help the accountants manage their books of accounts easily without any disruptions. Moreover, you can also hide the customers if you don’t want to remove it permanently. Also, they can merge the customers to avoid the duplicate entries.
However, if you are hunting for the proper instructions to hide, merge and delete a customer in QuickBooks, we advise you to read the entire post.
Want to get immediate help to delete a customer in QuickBooks? Call us @1855-603-0490 and have a conversation with our professionals for instant help.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why You Need to Delete a Customer in QuickBooks
QuickBooks allows its users to add numerous customers to their QuickBooks contact list. However, in certain circumstances, users need to delete some customers that are not in use. There are two different instances when you wish to delete the users.
- When you have to add a new contact to your QuickBooks list, the old contacts occupy a lot of space.
- Delete the customer when you wish to sort your contact list by deleting the unwanted or duplicate contact from the list.
Stepwise Instructions to Hide a Customer in QuickBooks Desktop
Despite having the option of deleting the customers, you can make the process much better by hiding them. It is so because when you hide the customers, you can still store that file. But once you delete it, the records of the customers will be permanently removed. Thus, it is best to hide the customers so that if you need them in the future, you can make it into use.
- Firstly, sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Move towards the Customer Center option, which is present at the top of the screen.
- Afterwards, select the Customer and Job present on the left side.
- Once you get the customer’s list, tap on the customer’s name twice that you wish to hide.
- Thereafter, you must opt for the “Customer is Inactive” option.
- End the process by tapping on the OK button.
Stepwise Instructions to Merge Customer in QuickBooks Online
There might be certain instances when you add the same contacts twice in your records. As a result, these duplicate entries might occupy unnecessary space. Therefore, by merging the customers in QuickBooks, you can vacant the space while maintaining the proper contacts in the list.
- Firstly, sign in to your QuickBooks Online account and select the “Customer Center” option.
- Afterwards, locate and hit the highlighted “Customer and Job” tab from the left pane.
- Once you get the customer’s list, tap on the customer’s name twice which you need to remove.
- Go to the Edit menu, and you can change the customer’s name you want to use.
- At last, hit the OK button followed by Yes to accomplish the process.
- Different Methods to Delete a Customer in QuickBooks
- Here, we have mentioned different methods to delete a customer in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Moving to the Customers Details Tab
- Primarily, launch QuickBooks Online and choose the Sales tab from the left panel.
- Soon after this, navigate to the Customer tab, followed by Customers.
- After tapping on the customers, hit the Customers Details tab and click the Edit menu.
- Following this, tap on the Make Inactive button and the Yes option to confirm your deletion action.
Method 2: Using the Batch Action Button
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Online application and tap on the Customers tab.
- After this, you must tick mark the checkbox beside the customer’s name that you wish to delete.
- Now, hit the Batch Action drop-down menu and choose the Make them inactive option.
- At last, choose the Yes option to give consent for the action of deletion.
Method 3: Remove Multiple Customers in QuickBooks
- Firstly, you must sign-in to the QuickBooks Online account. Then, tap on the Sales option present on the left side.
- After this, move to the Customers tab and mark the box beside the name of the customer you wish to delete.
- Furthermore, tap the “Batch Actions” drop-down menu and opt for the Make Inactive option.
- Now, click the Yes button when you get the pop-up on your screen.
Method 4: Delete a Customer in QuickBooks Desktop
- Initially, move to the Customer Center and tap the Customer and Jobs option.
- Consequently, it will launch the list of customers that are included in QuickBooks.
- You must pick the customer’s name you wish to remove from your records.
- Next, hit the Edit option and tap on the Delete Customer Job.
- Eventually, it will remove the customer from the records permanently.
- Based on the number of customers you wish to delete, you have to apply the same process.
Summing It Up!!
With this informative post’s help, you can easily hide, merge & delete a customer in QuickBooks. However, if you face issues while removing the customer, contact our professionals for instant help. Otherwise, you can mail our experts and obtain proper instructions to fix the issue.