QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer is a problematic situation in the program that occurs when running the multi-user mode. QuickBooks enables multiple simultaneous users to access the data file at the same time. QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps users to configure multi-user mode.
However, when running Server Manager, you may see an error message on your screen that reads – QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer. However, the service status shows that it is running without any problem. In such a case, you need to look for the possible reasons and implement the relevant solutions to eliminate them.
Dealing with QBCF Monitor Service keeps stopping error? Dial our helpline number +1-855-603-0490 to connect with an expert instantly.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006
What Does “QBCFMonitorService Not Starting or Crashing” Mean?
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an important utility in the program that needs to run when setting up the multi-user mode. However, when enabling it, you may see an error message on your screen, which says that the utility is not running. It can be your Windows Firewall or security applications which are preventing QuickBooks from communicating with the file stored on the server. Additionally, there is a multitude of possible reasons that can give rise to this error. To resolve it, first list all the possible reasons behind the error.
Possible Reasons Behind The QBCF Monitor Service Keeps Stopping Issue
Some of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the QBCF Monitor Service fails to start issue are stated in the below-given list:
- Improper hosting configuration settings in QuickBooks installed on the server.
- QBCF Monitor Service is stopped on the server computer due to several reasons.
- Accidental deletion of the QuickBooks Database Manager Service file (qbcfmonitorservice.exe) from the server.
- Using an outdated version of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Windows computer or server can also evoke this error.
- The firewall is blocking QuickBooks Database Server Manager, which is causing the error message on your screen.
- Programs interfering with the processing of QBCF Monitor Service.
Symptoms of QBCF Monitor Service Keeps Crashing Error
When QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error occurs, and you may experience the following signs:
- Inability to access the company file in multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running to connect with the file hosted on the server computer.
- An error message will appear on the screen explaining the error.
Now that you know the symptoms of the error, implementing suitable solutions can help you with the error resolution.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Running On This Computer
Solution 1: Check the Multi-User Hosting Setup in QuickBooks
You may not be able to access the file saved on the server if hosting is disabled. Therefore, you need to check if the hosting is properly configured or not. Below are the steps:
- Launch QuickBooks software and click the File tab next.
- Here, you need to hover your mouse cursor over the Utilities option.
- Next, select the option labeled Host Multi-User Access.
- Moving ahead, click the Yes option when a confirmation box appears on the screen.
- Confirm that you are activating the hosting only on the server computer.
- Also, ensure that the Multi-user Hosting is not enabled on any workstation computers.
- To check it, you need to go to the File tab from within the QuickBooks application.
- If it shows the option, Switch to Single-User mode, it means the service is running under multi-user mode, and you need to click Switch to Single-User mode.
- If it shows the “Switch to multi-user mode” option, you don’t need to change the settings.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager To The Latest Release
An outdated version of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is also one of the apparent reasons behind the error. In such a case, you need to update it by implementing the below-given steps:
- Look for the latest release of the QuickBooks Database Manager Server for your QuickBooks version.
- Next, you need to open QuickBooks if you have the latest release of the program installed on your device.
- Next, move to the Help tab and click Update QuickBooks.
- Here, you need to make the checkbox for all the QuickBooks features, which is located underneath the Update Now tab.
- Now, click the Get Updates option and wait for the application to download all the available updates.
- Restart the server and workstations once the updates are installed.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6176
Solution 3: Enable The Communication Between QuickBooks and Company File On The Server
Sometimes, the third-party Firewall of Internet security applications can prevent QuickBooks from accessing the file stored on the network server. In such a case, you need to configure the Firewall settings to favor the program:
- In the first place, you need to go to the server computer.
- Here, you need to use the Runbox (Windows + R) to open the command prompt by running the CMD command.
- Moving ahead, type IPConfig and hit Enter button. It will help you get the IP address of the server computer.
- Next, you need to go to the affected workstation and open the command prompt window.
- Type PING (Server’s IP address and hit Enter key to check if the connectivity is intact or not.
- After running the above-given command, your workstation will send different data packets to the server to ensure that the server receives them all.
- After receiving the data packets, they will send them back to you.
- If you get the packet loss status, it means the network configuration is faulty, and you need to fix it.
The steps discussed in this post can help you eliminate the “QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer” error. If you are facing any difficulty while implementing the solutions, connect with us via our chat option or email us to schedule a callback.