QuickBooks error code 15107 is a common error code in the program that can take place when updating the QuickBooks payroll service or the program itself. QuickBooks is definitely one of the best accounting applications for small to mid-sized businesses. However, it is not uncommon for an accounting application to show up the error. Similarly, you may see the error code 15107 in the program. When the error code shows up, you need to look for its possible reasons. This post explains the possible reasons, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 15107.
Need instant help in troubleshooting the QuickBooks Desktop error code 15107? Get assisted by dialing 1(855) 603-0490.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 15107?
QuickBooks error code 15107 belongs to the error code series 15000, which shows an error when updating the QuickBooks Desktop or the payroll service. When the error occurs, you will see an error message on your screen that reads –
[Error 15107] The update system can not be initialized.
It is crucial to update QuickBooks to the latest release available. An updated program allows users to access the improved features of the program and keeps technical issues at bay. To get rid of the error, you need to keep an eye on the possible reasons behind the error, which are stated in the next section.
Recent Post – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1406
Possible Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 15107
There are multi-faceted reasons that can bring forth the error code 15107 in QuickBooks. Check the below-given list:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks payroll file.
- A damaged registry file can also give rise to the QuickBooks error message 15107.
- Improperly configured Windows Firewall preventing QuickBooks from accessing the Internet.
- The program closes abruptly when trying to download and update in program.
What Are The Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Message 15107?
When the error occurs, it shows up some signs on your screen. These signs help users determine the arrival of the QuickBooks error code 15107. Below is the list:
- You may not be able to download your payroll or the program itself.
- A warning message will appear on your screen along with the error code 15107.
- Sluggish performance of QuickBooks or the program doesn’t respond at all.
- Windows becomes slow, and the mouse or keyboard inputs don’t work well.
- System freezing or crashing can also be experienced due to the arrival of the error.
When noticing these symptoms, you need to start looking for troubleshooting solutions.
How To Get Rid Of The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15107?
Now that all the important aspects of the error crucial for troubleshooting are discussed, let’s check the best troubleshooting solutions:
Solution 1: Restart Your System In The First Place
If you are experiencing an error when running the QuickBooks program, try restarting your system in the first place. Restarting the system can sometimes become a simple solution to a complete problem. Below are the steps:
- Restart your computer in the first place.
- After that, you need to restart the QuickBooks application as well.
If this doesn’t fix the error code 15107 in QuickBooks, try the next solutions.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error C=387
Solution 2: Run Reboot.bat File
Run the Reboot.bat file on your system to fix the error. If you are not sure how to do it, check the below-listed steps:
- First of all, click Windows + Start keys together, and it will open a search box.
- Enter “reboot.bat” in the box that appears on the screen and clicks Enter button.
- Next, you will see a command prompt screen.
- Here, a list of file names will appear on your screen. Make sure you are not closing the program forcefully to avoid any errors.
- Once the reboot.bat utility runs, wait for it to close down.
Solution 3: Download The Latest Maintenance Release (Update) For QuickBooks
If the error message continues to persist even after implementing the solution, make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release. Below are the steps to download the patch:
- From within the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, navigate to the Update Now tab. Here, you can mark the Reset Update checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- Moving ahead, select the Get Updates option to start the download procedure.
- Once downloaded, restart QuickBooks and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the update procedure.
If the QuickBooks error 15107 still blocks you from accessing your company file, try the next solution.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
Solution 4: Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor To Repair The Damaged File
A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file can be a strong reason behind the arrival of the QuickBooks error 15107. To repair the QuickBooks company file, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub. Below is how to do it:
- Go to Intuit’s official website and download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, install it on your system and open it.
- Now in the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the Company File Issues option.
- After that, you will be able to run the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Wait for the tool to scan and fix the issues in the data file.
The steps described in this post can suppress the possible reasons that promote QuickBooks error 15107. In case you are feeling it difficult to navigate through the steps or perform the solutions, get in touch with us for additional help. Connecting with our experts will provide you with one-to-one assistance with all your queries.