QuickBooks error 15212 is an error code in the program that shows a failure in downloading updates for QuickBooks Payroll or the program itself. In fact, all the error codes that belong to error code series 15XXX in the program indicate the same error, where the reasons can be different. Partial or incorrect installation of the QuickBooks application is one of the most common reasons behind the arrival of this error.
However, multiple other reasons can also be credited for the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 15212. If you have received this error code on your screen and searching the web for more information on it, reading this full post will definitely help you.
At your wit’s end due to QuickBooks payroll update error 15212? Get help @1855-603-0490.
What Is QuickBooks Error 15212?
When updating the QuickBooks Desktop of Payroll service, you may see a warning message on your screen with the text:
“The Payroll update didn’t complete successfully. Please try again. You should download the updates by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates Window.”
In addition to this error text, you will also see a prompted solution to install QuickBooks correctly in selective startup mode and then download the updates in safe mode. It will protect the program installation from being interfered with by the programs running in the background. When the error occurs, the ongoing program gets hindered by the QuickBooks error 15212. To resolve this error, a few other important aspects of the problem must be discussed.
Latest Post – QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 121
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Error Message 15212?
Knowing the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 15212 is crucial in deciding the right course of action for the error resolution. Some of the main reasons behind this error are stated in the below-given list:
- When a specific shared download is disabled, or a specific data file is being accessed from a different location.
- If the download location shared for the update is mapped to a drive, which is currently not available.
- Due to insufficient disk space on the hard disk or a remote download location.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15212
If you want to identify if the error 15212 in QuickBooks is preventing the update process from completing, check the following symptoms:
- When downloading the latest payroll update, you will see an error message on your screen having the error code 15212.
- You may not be able to perform any activity that requires Internet connectivity.
- Internet issue when you try to make a visit to Intuit’s legit website.
- When the modifications within the QuickBooks application are not saved.
- The sluggish performance of the system can also be experienced.
When citing these things while updating the QuickBooks application, you need to look for possible solutions for the QuickBooks error 15212.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Running Slow in Multi-User Mode
Best Troubleshooting Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Update 15212
Now that much has been discussed about the QuickBooks error 15212 (needed for troubleshooting), we can move ahead the perform the relevant solutions. They are explained below for you:
Solution 1: Download The Payroll Updates Manually
If you are unable to download the updates for any reason, try downloading them manually by following the below-given steps:
- When in the QuickBooks program, go to the Help tab and then click the Update QuickBooks icon.
- Next, you need to click the Options button.
- Here, you have to select No for the Shared Download option.
- Now press the Save button and click Close.
- Again, download the update in safe mode.
If QuickBooks error 15212 still continues, move to the next solution to troubleshoot the issue.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks In Particular Selective Start-Up Mode
If the error continues, it means that the partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application is causing the error. To fix it, you need to perform the right installation of the program in selective startup mode. Below are the steps:
- Create a backup of your company file before you proceed any further.
- Thereafter, note down the QuickBooks License and Product details.
- Now open the run window by pressing the Windows and R buttons simultaneously.
- In the Run box, type “MSConfig” and click the OK button.
- Underneath the General tab, choose Selective Startup and then the Load System Services option.
- Now click the Services tab and choose to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose Disable All, and it will disable all the system services that can interfere with the download process.
- Proceeding further, uncheck the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft services.
- Also, confirm that the Microsoft Windows Installer option is chosen from the available services from the list.
- If not, select the checkbox and click the OK button.
- Now click Restart from within the System Configuration window.
If you are still unable to download the payroll updates due to QuickBooks error 15212, try the next solution.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7149
Solution 3: Remap The Data Files To The Network Drive
To remap the data files to the network folder, follow the below stated steps with the utmost attention:
- First things first, Restart your system.
- Now, go to This PC. Double-clicking will open this option.
- Click the Map network drive option, and it will map the data files to the network folder.
- Here, you need to choose the Data File to map it using the Browse option.
- Once done, check the status of QuickBooks error 15212.
In A Nutshell!!
Now that we have tried the solutions discussed in this post, QuickBooks error code 15212 must have been resolved. If you are facing any kind of technical unease during the error resolution, feel free to connect with us and get prompt and effective help.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0