QuickBooks error QBWC1085 is related to the QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC). QuickBooks Web Connector is a powerful utility in the program that enables data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and Online programs on the web. Microsoft devised this product for QuickBooks users.
QuickBooks Web Connector can be integrated with any Desktop based application in QuickBooks using SDK or QB POS SDK. You can download it for free from Intuit’s official website without spending a single penny. However, when using this utility, you may encounter multifaceted issues, such as QuickBooks error QBWC1085. Follow this complete post to get rid of this error.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Message QBWC1085?
When using the QuickBooks web connector to share data from QuickBooks Desktop to the other online application, you may see the following error message-
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write on the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing on the log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name.
The error affects the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version. Besides, QuickBooks can’t exchange data from any third-party online application. A damaged QWCLOC.TXT file is one of the main reasons behind this error.
What Does QuickBooks Enterprise Error QBWC1085 Mean?
QuickBooks error QBWC1085 or Exception Type error depicts the possibility of the following events:
- QuickBooks Web Connector has failed to write the log file.
- The program will open without writing the log file.
- Issues with the log file can promote errors in the program.
- The Web Connector in QuickBooks will proceed without the log file.
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code QBWC1085?
The error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks can take place due to the below-listed reasons:
- When QuickBooks fails to write to the web connector log file, the error message can appear on your screen.
- The Web Connector uses a TXT file; however, when this file gets damaged, it makes the program prone to receiving errors.
- When the Web Connector tries to get information from a third-party web-based program to QuickBooks Desktop, an error can take place abruptly.
- There are several other instances of this web connector issue due to erroneous web connector components.
These are some of the common reasons behind this error you need to fix in order to get rid of the problem.
Things to Consider Before Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Desktop Error QBWC 1085
Before you start with the troubleshooting, below are a few important considerations you need to adhere to:
1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
In the first place, you need to make sure that the QuickBooks is updated to the latest maintenance release available. Using an updated version of the program prevents it from getting prone to errors. Below are the steps:
- First of all, close your company files and the program itself.
- After that, open the Windows Start menu and search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the program icon appears, right-click on it and select Run as administrator from the drop-down list.
- Now from within the No Company Open screen, go to Help and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Thereafter, move to the Options tab and select Mark All option.
- Click Save to proceed further.
- Now, you need to go to the Update Not tab and mark the checkbox for Reset Update.
- Finally, select Get Updates and click Close once the Update completes.
2: Create a Backup of Your Data File
Creating a backup of your company file prevents your crucial financial data from any kind of loss or disruption. Therefore, backup your data before you proceed any further with the troubleshooting:
- Log in to QuickBooks and then switch to single-user mode from within the File menu.
- Now, select the Back Up Company option located underneath the File menu.
- Moving ahead, select Create Local Backup and then choose Local Backup.
- Thereafter, click options and select a location for the backup. It is advised to store the backup on an external hard drive or online.
- Click OK and then click Next to move ahead.
- In the end, choose the Save option and click Finish, and it will initiate the backup process.
Once the backup is completed, you can start the error resolution.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Now we are all set to perform the troubleshooting procedures. Improper functioning of the QuickBooks Web Connector can evoke the error, and therefore, you need to close this program before you start the troubleshooting. Thereafter, you can perform the below-explained procedures:
1: Enable QuickBooks Web Connector
To enable QuickBooks Web Connection, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open Run Window (Windows + R) and then type in the Run window.
- Now click OK and click the Startup tab.
- After that, checkmark the box against the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Once marked, click Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows and check if the error is fixed or not.
2: Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
In this solution, you will need to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file by implementing the below-given steps carefully:
- From the taskbar, right-click the QuickBooks Web Connector icon and select Exit.
- Now Open Windows File Manager and go to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Next, you need to Right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select Rename from the drop-down.
- Rename the file by adding .OLD at the end of it – QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it.
- Once done, restart the Web Connector application.
- Thereafter, reboot your computer and launch QuickBooks again.
- After that, check if the error is fixed or not by using an online application integrated with QuickBooks.
3: Remove Web Connector from the Startup Menu
If the error persists, you need to remove Web Connector from the start-up menu:
- Navigate to the address – C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.
- Here, you need to make right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Now from the drop-down list, click Delete.
- Finally, restart your computer and then open QuickBooks Desktop to check the error status.
Long Story Short!
The solutions discussed in this post can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error QBWC1085 when followed properly. It covers all the important information related to the QuickBooks Web Connector. However, if you are facing any kind of technical unease in performing the steps, get in touch with our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Team & experienced professionals. Explain your issue, and they will help you with the most relevant solution.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Q1. What error messages do you see on the occurrence of QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Ans. On the occurrence of QuickBooks Error QBWC1085, you will receive any of the following error messages stating;
- QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
- QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- Exception TypeError: Unknown name.
Q2. How Can I Notice QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
Ans. You can identify QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 with the help of the following signs and symptoms.
- Fails to run the QuickBooks Web Connector Tool.
- Improper functioning of QuickBooks.
- Sudden shutdown or freezing of your Windows operating system.
Q3. What is the role of QuickBooks Web Connector?
Ans. The QuickBooks Web Connector is the tool that is used to exchange data between QuickBooks and other web-based applications. Moreover, it also offers the easy management of multiple applications on one single platform.
Q4. What are the common causes that give rise to Web Connector Errors?
Ans. The common reason behind the QuickBooks Web Connector is as follows;
- Sometimes, it may occur due to the damage in the QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- There is a possibility that QuickBooks fails to write the web-connector log file.
- It may occur due to damage in certain components of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
Q5. What Do You Understand by QuickBooks Web Connector errors?
Ans. QuickBooks Web Connector errors mainly takes place due to the corruption in QBWCLOG.TXT file. In other instances, it may evoke when you try to connect QuickBooks with their third-party applications.