Most often, the users might confront QuickBooks POS Unexpected error while opening a transaction. Moreover, it might occurs while trying to launch the POS application on your device. The main reason behind the occurrence of this error is damaged or in appropriate installation of Microsoft .NETFramework.
However, there are several other factors that are responsible for this error. We have elaborate about all of them in the further section of this post. Alongside, the best resolution methods to overcome the error is also elaborated in a simple way.
Reach out to our experts to obtain quick tips to fix the QuickBooks POS Unexpected error by dialing helpline number @ +1-855-603-0490.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Table of Contents
Different Error Messages That Strikes On User’s Screen
Below, we have listed all the error messages that might pop-up on the occurrence of QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error.
- Unexpected error happened, please restart Point of Sale. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
- Error: QBPOSShell has stopped working
- Unable to open the program through the Point of Sale icon
- Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
- Configuration system failed to initialize
- Error: 176120 invalid license key status, key denied
- Unexpected error happened. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter:s
- Error 100 database server not found “08w01”
Factors Responsible For the Appearance of POS Unexpected Error in QuickBooks
The users might come across QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error due to numerous reasons. We have described about all such factors in details below; have a look at them.
- Your computer is unable to fulfill the basic system requirements to run the QB Point of Sale software efficiently.
- Sometimes, you might experience this error when point of Sale Database Manager is not running appropriately.
- Unfinished installation of .NETFramework is also one of the main reason.
Also Read – Fix Query Processing Error in QuickBooks
What Should be Done to Resolve POS Unexpected Error in QuickBooks?
After having a thorough understanding about the causes, it’s the right time to move further with the troubleshoot part. Here, we have explained about the solutions to fix the QuickBooks POS Unexpected error in detail. Have a quick overview on all the solutions and apply the solution as per the causes of the error.
First Measure: Remove and Re-Establish .NETFramework and QB Point of Sale Application
A. Initially, you have to remove the QuickBooks Point of Sale application by performing the steps below.
- Hit the Windows + R keys to launch the Run window and then insert “Control Panel” within the search field.
- After this, tap on drop-down menu of View By and choose Small icons. Further, opt for the Programs and Features option.
- Go to QuickBooks Point of Sale XX, right-click on it and opt for the Uninstall option.
- Choose the Continue option from the User Account Control window.
- You have to change the name of the following folder:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder. The default location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder.
- QBPOSDBSrvUser folder located in C:\Users.
- Next, you have to remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows login by applying these steps.
- Launch the Run window and opt for User Accounts followed by Manage Another Account option.
- Then, tap on Continue from the User Account Control window.
- Hit the QBPOSDBSrvUser and then click Delete the Account.
- Assure that you have successfully deleted it and then shut down open Windows.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7149
B. After this, you must ensure that you have successfully removed .NETFramework using the Control Panel.
C. You are supposed to install the latest version of .NETFramework i.e, 4.5 by using the steps instructed below.
- Primarily, get the latest version of the .NETFramework on your device from the Microsoft’s website.
- Then, store the file to the Desktop, double-tap on the downloaded file and go through the instructions on-screen to install it.
- After installing the .NETFramework once again, relaunch your device again.
D. Finally, you are supposed to re-install the Point of Sale successfully.
Second Measure: Relaunch QBPOSShell and Fix the Compatibility Issue
- In the beginning, shut down the Point of Sale application.
- Afterwards, launch the Task Manager by hitting the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together.
- From there, go to the Processes tab and tap on the Image Name column. You have to pick this column to set it alphabetically.
- Navigate and right-click on the file named QBPOSShell.exe and opt for End Process option.
- Finally, shut down the Task Manager and launch the Point of Sale application.
Fix the Compatibility Issues
- Go to the Desktop, navigate and right-click on the Point of Sale icon to select the Troubleshoot Compatibility option.
- After this, opt for the Try Recommendation Settings and then go through the instructions displayed on-screen.
- Once done, relaunch your device and open the QuickBooks Point of Sale once again.
Also look – Rectify QuickBooks Error 1646
Third Measure: Try Using the Up-To-Date Windows User
- In the initial stage, hit the Windows key, insert User Accounts within the search column.
- Afterwards, opt for the highlighted Manage User Accounts option and then hit Manage Another Account option.
- Soon after this, tap on the Create a New Account and assign a new name of Test. You must set the User Type as Administrator.
- Next, sign-out from the Windows and then use the user credentials that you have just prepared to open the QB POS application.
- If you notice that the issue still persists then try to change the UAC settings.
Wrapping It Up!!
By applying the fixation methods explained above in this blog, one can easily troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error. If the error still continues, you can have a one-to-one conversation with our QuickBooks professionals through live chat to address the error.