In the advent of digitalization, everything comes with ease, and everything is available online. In just a matter of a single click, everything is available at any hour of the day and night. When you are a company owner, it is crucial to maintain your finances and keep them on track. In order to accurately maintain all the accounting functions of your organization, QuickBooks is the perfect software for you. Be it a small business or a big company, QuickBooks accounting software makes the bookkeeping process easy and simple. This particular software comes with various benefits that make it way easier for people to commence with their business activities. Despite the wide userbase of QuickBooks and its large reachability, QuickBooks error 3371 is one of the most common errors prevailing in QuickBooks software.
However, QuickBooks is available at different platforms and levels, and it can also be accessed offline as well as online depending on the kind of version you are using. The only con of this excellent software is that it is prone to errors that can occur during installation, up-gradation, or re-installation. These errors can only be resolved with the help of experts if you are not able to do it. If the QuickBooks error 3371 is recurring in your QuickBooks software, then make sure to contact the experts for its rectification. There are some of the QuickBooks errors that are way more frustrating and annoying because the users are unable to operate their accounting software. Due to some serious errors, can result in leading to the loss of company files and momentous business information.
In this particular article, we have discussed everything about the QuickBooks errors and the prevailing reasons for these errors. Have a look at the possible causes of this error and what are the possible solutions to this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 usually comes up when a user re-configures the desktop computer or activates the QuickBooks for the very first time. This particular error may occur due to missing or damaging company files. The prevailing QuickBooks errors are as follows:
- QuickBooks Error Code 6000
- Error -6000 -83 Code
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -82
- QuickBooks -6130-0
- QB Error -6000 -301
- QuickBooks Error 6123-0
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -77
- QB Error -6000 -304
Why does QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Occur?
It is determined that Intuit has made some compulsory changes in order to have license information saved on your hard drive. If, by any chance, that information, file, or license data gets damaged, corrupted, or missing, then you are able to encounter QuickBooks Error Code 3371. This is also prevalent in the cloning of data on the C Drive to yet another hard disk. In such cases, it becomes mandatory to re-type your license information in order to get the issue resolved.
There are various types of reasons for this particular error, and those can be resolved with an expert’s guidance. The reasons can be one or more of the following:
The file or component required by QuickBooks Desktop to run is either damaged or missing.
Due to Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file every time it is active. By any means, if the file is not working properly or is damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
As for damaged MSXML Components: The MSXML is an essential component that is provided by Microsoft. It is vitally needed by QuickBooks desktop to run on your system. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
Interruption of Anti-Virus: The Outdated Windows OS or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with Web Connect users: QB users may also experience this issue if they are opening the company file without saving it first. They must first save the file before importing it.QBO file.
This may happen while you try to open the file without saving it. Thus, it is advised to save the.QBO file before you import it.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Solution 1: Update your Windows OS
Below are the steps that you can follow for the Windows update:
- Click the ‘Windows logo. ‘
- Select ‘All Program‘ and click the ‘Windows Update‘ option.
- After installing the updates, just click ‘Install QuickBooks. ‘
Most of the cases, after following the first method, the error gets resolved. However, if the error still persists after following the first method, then below, we have provided more fixation methods.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement file
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key + R key to run the file. It will open a Run window.
- In that window, type or copy C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then enter it there (or the appropriate location on your system where QuickBooks saves entitlement information)
- Then give one click to the OK key button. This will open Window Explorer at that location.
- A user will easily locate the ECML file, then give a right-click on it, and now select the delete option to resolve the error 3371
- Close this window and then try to re-run your QuickBooks software.
- You will be asked to register the product again if failed to be done.
Solution 3: Install the Latest Windows Updates
- Firstly, install the Windows latest updates and then click on the Start key button to get the latest windows update.
- The next step is to select all programs and then update your windows.
- Proceed further by clicking on the update option and then click on it in order to check for any latest updates.
- After getting a successful updating, all you have to do is reinstall your QuickBooks yet again.
Solution 4: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and Use Quick Fix my Program
- The user is first to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- After the successful download, select QuickBooks to fix my program option.
- Follow the selection process and search for Error 3371 in order to fix it completely.
- Once done with that, click on the OK tab.
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks and open the data file
- This tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in the QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damaged file.
The rectifying of QuickBooks error 3371 is not that complicated, and all you must do is carefully follow the instructions provided below. However, if you still get stuck or you are unable to resolve the issue, then make sure to connect with the QuickBooks service provider. They are fully trained and experienced experts who are available 24/7 to provide you with assistance for any QuickBooks errors. Our highly professional QuickBooks experts are there to assist you with every QuickBooks-related issue no matter what time.