Today in this blog we are going to discuss everything about the QuickBooks error 3371, what are the reasons behind this error, and how to get it resolved. So, stay tuned till the end of this blog.
QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks being the number 1 accounting and financial software is helping small and medium-sized business owners to expand their business. Although, none of its competitors can compete with the QuickBooks based on the number of features and benefits. Apart from that, QuickBooks users also face various errors while using the software. One of the most common and frequent errors is 3371. This error usually occurs when the QuickBooks failed to load the Licensing data of the company or when you try to activate or run the QuickBooks desktop version for the first time. There are three different status codes of QuickBooks Error 3371, which are as follows.
- Error 3371
- Error 3371, Status Code – 1
- Error 3371, Status Code – 111118
All the above-mentioned errors codes are caused when the QuickBooks is not able to run or show the licensing properties.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 3371
As all the QuickBooks Errors are occurred due to a main solid reason, the same applies as well in the case of Error 3371. QB users still have to pinpoint the specific causes that lead to the error. So, here are some of the common reasons why this error occurs.
- The program didn’t get access due to the antivirus software.
- The qbregistration.dat file is damaged or corrupted.
- The Microsoft MSXML file is not working.
- The license information is not valid or cannot be retrieved.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 3371
You can easily identify the QuickBooks Error code 3371 by looking for these specific symptoms that you may observe by working on it.
- QuickBooks Desktop is crashing frequently.
- Not able to show the licensing information.
- Your PC is hanging or the window is crashing.
Now, let’s have a look at the methods, which you can follow to get the problem resolved.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks error code 3371 can easily be diagnosed by following some simple methods. So, these are the steps that you can follow to get rid of the QuickBooks error 3371.
Method 1: Update your PC’s windows to the latest version
Sometimes, updating windows to the latest version can help you to solve a basic problem. That’s why we have listed this method at the top, as it is less time-consuming and the chances of solving the problems are large.
- Go to the search option available on the taskbar and type “Windows Update” in the insert box and then press the enter.
- After that, on the right side of the screen, you will see the “Search for updates” option. Click on that.
- After that, the windows update will start downloading.
- Once the downloading ends, restart your PC and relaunch the program to check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 2: Stops all the background running applications
- First, close your QuickBooks desktop and go to the task manager.
- Then click on the processes and search there for QBW32.EXE instances. Select all the files with that name.
- Then click on the end task option.
Method 3: Permanently delete the ECML File
Below mentioned are the steps that you can easily follow to permanently delete the ECML file.
- First, press the Windows and R keys together.
- Then in the insert box, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and click on Ok.
- Now, you will see the ECML file. Right-click on that file and delete it.
- After that, close the Windows.
- At last, run the QuickBooks again and then do the task again which you were initially doing before facing the error. The QuickBooks error 3371 will most probably be resolved.
Method 4: Download and Use the QuickBooks tool hub program
- First, close all the apps, and then download the QuickBooks tool hub program from the official website of QuickBooks.
- Then run the downloaded file and accept all the terms & conditions and intuit’s license agreement.
- Once the installation process ends, then click on the finish option.
- Now, to run the QuickBooks tool hub, double-click on its icon.
- Then, under the program problems section, click on the “Quick Fix my Program” option.
- At last, click on the OK tab and then open the QuickBooks and run the licensing file.
This tool can help you automatically solve the license, validation, and registration error in the QuickBooks to recreate the damaged or corrupted file.
Read Also : Quickbooks error code 3371
Method 5: Manually solve the error
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to get this error resolved.
- To begin, first of all, recreate the corrupted entitlementDataStore.ecml file and solve the licensing and registration glitches and errors.
- Now, with the help of the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool, fix the Microsoft.NET framework, MSXML& C++
- Then install it again and run the reboot.file
- At last, update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
In this blog, we have mentioned all the necessary information about the QuickBooks error 3371 and its causes and how to get it resolved. You can follow the above methods to get rid of the error. Also, if you are still facing any issues with the QuickBooks or if you have any specific queries regarding the QuickBooks Error Code 3371, then feel free to reach out to us. Our professional customer care team will be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What triggers QuickBooks Error 3371?
QuickBooks error 3371 is an installation problem. There can be quite a few reasons why it hinders your operations on the software:
• Missing or damaged company files
• Virus or firewall attack
• Also, if the Qbregistartion.dat file is corrupted
• Incomplete or pending Windows update
• Additionally, damages MSXML component
These are the most common problems that can be behind this error code.
2. Where can I locate my Qbregistration.dat file in my system?
Qbregistration.dat file is located in your QuickBooks file folder. To look for the same, go to File Explorer and type the file name in the search bar, and hit Enter.
Now, if no results are available on your screen, this means you need to display the hidden files too. Here is how that is done:
• Open File Explorer on your desktop from Windows.
• Next, from the menu bar, click on View and go through the drop-down list.
• You will either find the Hidden Items option or go to Show, and then you will see it.
• Select the option and search again.
3. How to open QuickBooks License properties?
The license properties are stored in the ECML file of QuickBooks. In order to open this file, press the Windows+R keys from your keyboard to open the run command box. After that, in the provided space, type entitlementDataStore.ecml and hit OK. Now, you can find the license properties here.
4. Suggest some troubleshoots for QuickBooks error 3371.
Here are a few solutions that you can try your hands on to overcome QuickBooks error 3371:
• Delete ECML file
• Get the latest Windows version
• Run QuickBooks Fix my program from QuickBooks Tool Hub
• Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
• Fix the problem manually
5. What to do if I want to remove the QuickBooks Desktop installation?
In order to clear your current installation of QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps below:
• Firstly, you need to download and run QuickBooks Tool Hub.
• Now, open the application and click on Installation Issues from the options on the left.
• Here, you will see Clean Install Tool button; hit that.
• After that, enter your QuickBooks and product version and select OK.
These steps will do the job for you. You can now install QuickBooks again.