Searching for ways to host QuickBooks company file? If yes, we have brought this complete guide for you. No doubt, QuickBooks and its reliable hosting features offer users data protection anytime from anywhere. Regardless of where you and your entire team are working, hosting will help you work and access your QuickBooks company file from anywhere. Well, there is much more to learn about QuickBooks company file hosting, so shall we begin?
Need professional assistance while hosting a QuickBooks Desktop company file? If yes, let our QuickBooks expert team help you with this. Contact us! 1-855-603-0490
Table of Contents
What Does Hosting Mean in QuickBooks Application?
The QuickBooks online application offers users a great facility for cloud hosting. With this, as discussed above, users can access or work on their company files from anywhere. Over a secure and strong internet connection instead of a local network, users can safely host their company files via Firewall software, multi-layer access controls, enterprise-class antivirus technology, and encryption.
Now, let’s continue and learn how to host QuickBooks company files and simply manage the file access.
How to Host QuickBooks Desktop Company File in Multi-User Mode?
QuickBooks multi-user mode is a wise choice to opt for when two or multiple QuickBooks users are accessing and working on the same company file. Continue reading and learn how to host company files in QuickBooks multi-user mode in the simplest steps.
- First of all, you need to open your QuickBooks Desktop and check how many QuickBooks users are simultaneously allowed with the software license.
- You need to press the F2 key on your keyboard to find this information in your QuickBooks software.
- After this, a window will appear, and you will find all the required information related to the software license here.
- In the top-right corner of the window, you will see the number figure that indicates the number of User Licenses. Whatever the number is, let’s say “4”, it means the QuickBooks software will legally allow four simultaneous users to access and work on their QuickBooks desktop company file.
- Now, to host QuickBooks desktop company files, you need to be the “host” of your primary QuickBooks company file/database by choosing a computer or server with a strong internet connection.
- The other computers or servers will be your “client” computers. Both your “host” and “client” computers must have QuickBooks Desktop installed.
- Your host computer must have installed Database Server Manager as well. With this, you can control access to your main QuickBooks company file throughout your office network.
- Make sure your Utility option is enabled while client users are working on the hosted QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- You need to configure your main QuickBooks company file hosted on your server/computer to multi-user hosting access. With this, remote clients can also sign in to access your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Switching to QuickBooks multi-user mode is not a tough call. Follow the given steps:
- First of all, go to the File drop-down menu by opening your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, refer to different subscription levels to decide how many QuickBooks users are allowed to access a QuickBooks company file.
- There are generally two QuickBooks Online Subscriptions available for the users:
- QuickBooks Online Plus – It’s for 5 users and 2 accountant users.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials – Up to 3 users and 2 accountants can use this.
- After this, add a new user to host the QuickBooks desktop company file in QuickBooks online by the following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to click the Gear icon that is available in the upper right corner of the window.
- Now, click the Your Company option followed by the Manage Users option.
- Here, you will see a button for New, click the same, and there you have added a new user to host and access the company file.
Now that you have learned how to host QuickBooks company files, let’s learn the notable benefits of availing QuickBooks with a hosting feature.
What Perks Can I Get from QuickBooks Desktop Hosting?
One can avail of huge benefits from QuickBooks Desktop with a hosting feature. Out of this huge list, the below-listed perks are the major ones that one must enjoy with QuickBooks hosting.
1. No More Server or Network Maintenance
If you are running QuickBooks Desktop software with a hosting feature, there is no need to stress about the maintenance of the server or private network. You don’t even have to worry about your company’s crucial and sensitive data as it is saved in a data-protected center. Just a client program is the requirement on your system, and you don’t have to install and maintain the apps of the Right data network centers on your system.
2. Faster Speed and Smooth Functionalities
While hosting a company file, unquestionably, you need a strong internet connection. Also, with a secure and strong internet connection, your QuickBooks hosting experience may rise. Your hosting operations and functionalities will be faster, smoother, and better in performance.
3. Access Data Anytime from Anywhere
When your apps and QuickBooks data are hosted, you and other users as well can access the company data file from anywhere and at any time, no matter what remote area they are. With a strong internet connection and a single-client program, they can easily join and start working on your main QuickBooks Desktop company file. However, the users must have their correct login credentials to open their QuickBooks remote access app. So, with this, you can easily host QuickBooks desktop company files.
4. Enough Data Safety while Hosting
Many QuickBooks users are afraid of virtually accessing their QuickBooks company files regarding their crucial and sensitive data safe. However, you will get enough data safety with the QuickBooks hosting version and feature. You will be hosting exceptional and finest data centers with excellent enterprise-class scalability and reliability. Therefore, you will get full-time security personnel, continuous extra power systems with backup generators, closed circuit video surveillance, multiple backbone access in network systems, advanced network firewall programs, alert systems, and much more. So, your data is all secured with QuickBooks hosting.
5. Smooth Workflow with Better Collaboration
With the QuickBooks cloud hosting feature, teamwork excels, and it brings good results to one’s business. Hosting allows different professionals, including stakeholders, users, and other business employees, to manage their QuickBooks operations remotely. All of them can access QuickBooks simultaneously without any error or confusion but with only a smooth workflow and better collaboration.
How to Add Users to the Right Networks in QuickBooks Desktop?
Want to know how many users are allowed in the Right networks and how you can add new users to the right networks? If yes, continue reading the below section carefully.
- First of all, make sure the number of Right network users is the exact as QuickBooks users count.
- Every user must have their correct login info and required credentials.
- Based on your subscription permissions, you can add the hosting users.
To add new users, you need to go to the Right Networks My Account Portal and click the New button to add the users.
You can get more seats based on your QuickBooks software license permits if you need to add more QuickBooks and Right network users. By this, your Right network user numbers will be the exact same as QuickBooks.
Working Mechanism of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email with QB Desktop Hosting Feature
There is not a huge difference between the working of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email with the QuickBooks hosting version and with the QuickBooks Desktop version. Users can run these programs as usual with hosting as with the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Users can simply export their integral QuickBooks Desktop reports to Excel if they are working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Not only reports but invoices, estimates, and statements can also be exported to Word.
- QuickBooks users also get an option to access their hosted Word and Excel versions over a strong internet connection.
- With an additional fee, as a requirement, QuickBooks users can also rent Microsoft Office from Right Networks. With this, the enterprise hosting will include a subscription to Right Network apps hosting at no extra cost.
- Users can avail of QuickBooks email services to configure QuickBooks to run Webmail and add Outlook to their Right Networks account.
Different Hosting Modes You Must Know About
Basically, you have three QuickBooks hosting modes; let’s continue to learn about them:
1. Not Hosting Mode
- In this Hosting mode, QuickBooks Database Manager performs with normal processes and functionalities just the way a Windows user runs QuickBooks Desktop.
- This hosting mode doesn’t allow users to switch or use multi-user mode.
- Not hosting mode communicates with QuickBooks Desktop using shared memory.
- Only the user who is working on QuickBooks Desktop on a local computer can use a QuickBooks database manager server to access a QuickBooks company data file.
2. Hosting Local Files Only Mode
- In the Hosting Local Files Only mode, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager works the same way as a Windows service named QucikBooksDBXX. (Here, XX denotes the version year).
- The service QuickBooksDBXX will keep running until your computer is OFF.
- In this mode, users can use multi-user mode with TCP/IP to communicate with their QuickBooks Desktop.
- With this mode, QuickBooks Desktop users can access their QuickBooks company files on remote computers using a running Database server.
- A computer can host only those company files that are located on that very computer in the Hosting Local Files Only Mode.
3. Hosting Local and Remote Files Mode
- In the Hosting Local and Remote Files Mode too, the QuickBooks Database Manager works as a normal process with general functionalities.
- In this mode, the hosting process begins when the user signs in to their Windows and ends when the user signs out from the Windows.
- Using TCP/IP, a computer can support multi-user QuickBooks mode to communicate with the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Users can host company files saved on their local computers as well as located on remote computers.
The Last Notes..!
So, here we are at the bottom line of this comprehensive guide. We hope now you have all the information on how to host QuickBooks company files. In case you are still having any queries or doubts or want to approach professionals, contact us. Our 24*7 assistance and Live Chat support will help you effectively in hosting your QuickBooks company file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1 – How to enable Hosting on my QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer:- You can simply enable Hosting on your QuickBooks Desktop with the following steps:
- First of all, you are required to open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, in the next step, click the File tab. In the drop-down File menu, you will see an option for Utilities. Click it and continue.
- After this, you will get an option for Host multi-user access. Click this option, and it’s done!
Question 2 – What exactly does Hosting mean in QuickBooks Desktop?
Answer:- Hosting can be defined as the process of saving, accessing, and working on the QuickBooks company data files located on your computers or servers.
Question 3 – Where can I host the QuickBooks company file?
Answer:- The QuickBooks Desktop company files are hosted on a safe and secure web/cloud server. This web server allows QuickBooks users to access and use these company files from anywhere at any time over a strong internet connection.