QuickBooks error 6000 832 arises when the user tries to access the company’s files. This error code indicates that there is an issue with the network data file. This error restricts the user from accessing the company file, and it may even lead to data loss. In this blog, we are are going to cover the complete information about why a user may encounter error code 6000 832 in QuickBooks, and how you can get the error resolved. So, stay engaged, and implement all the solutions mentioned below.
“Need immediate help in fixing QuickBooks error 6000 832? Get in touch with our QuickBooks experts via call at our toll free number i.e. +1855-603-0490.”
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error 6000 832: Error Message
QuickBooks error code 6000 832 appears with a pop-up display message as:
“We’re Sorry! QuickBooks encountered a problem.”
“Error Codes: (6000, -832)“
The error message describes further the error and tells hoe you can get rid of the error. However, the solutions are not always helpful and you need to find the possible reasons behind the error. Once you know the possible issues, the troubleshooting becomes easier.
Causes QuickBooks Error 6000 832 When Opening Company File
There are multiple factors that can lead to an error when opening your company file. Improperly configured file hosting is an apparent reason behind the error. However, several other factors can also be credited to evoke QuickBooks error 6000 832, as mentioned in the below-given list:
- When the company file is already in use in the network.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Your anti-virus or Firewall settings can block QuickBooks company files due to security concerns.
- An erroneous file extension of the company file you are trying to access.
- When the file is hosted by more than one computer in the network.
- If the network server permissions are not correct.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 832
When the problem occurs, you may experience the below-given symptoms:
- QuickBooks error message appears on the screen with the error code 6000, -832.
- You may not be able to open your financial data.
- Sluggish performance of your computer.
- You need to resolve the error in order to get back to your financial records.
Solution 1: Rename .ND & .TLG Files
As we have seen that a damaged network data (.ND) file can cause QuickBooks error -6000 -832. Therefore, you need to rename your network data file to fix the damage and access the company file in the network. Besides, you also need to rename your transaction log file.
Note: Before renaming the files, make sure that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is turned on.
- Open the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, locate the file having extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Next, right-click on .ND file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- After that, add .OLD at the end of the file name, so that it looks like Companyfilename.nd.old.After renaming the network data (.ND) file, perform the same procedure for the Transaction Log (.TLG) file to make it Companyfilename.tlg.old.
After renaming the files, try to open your company file in the network. If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks To the Latest Maintenance Release
A maintenance release, also known as the update in QuickBooks resolves all the known issues in the software and makes it less prone to errors. To update QuickBooks:
- Close QuickBooks in the first place to start the procedure.
- Now go to the QuickBooks icon, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down list.
- From within the No Company Open screen, click the Help menu option.
- Next, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- When the Options tab opens, checkmark the box for Mark All.
- After that, hit the Save button to proceed further.
- Select Update Now and mark the Reset Update box.
- You will now see the available updates on your screen. Click Get Updates and download it.
- Now close QuickBooks software and then reopen it.
- Confirm you want to install the updates and wait until the latest release of the QuickBooks software is installed on your program.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
If you are not able to open your company file in a multi-user environment, open a sample file by following the below-given steps:
- Locate and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your Desktop.
- Next, press and hold the CTRL key and click Run as Administrator.
- When you see the No Company window on your screen, release the CTRL-key.
- Now select Open a Sample File.
- In the end, select the file from the list of the sample QuickBooks files.
Still Need Assistance?
As demonstrated above, we have covered the solutions that you can easily carry out to get the issue terminated. In case, if you are still facing the error code 6000 and 832 QuickBooks, then we suggest you to get in touch with our experienced QuickBooks technicians. Our experts will guide you with the advanced techniques to help you in using the QuickBooks accounting software smoothly.