QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032 is a common error code in the program that takes place when downloading the latest updates for the QuickBooks Payroll service. All error codes that start with PS depict the payroll service error in the program. QuickBooks Payroll service offers many incredible payroll features, such as tax filing, making payments to employees, keeping track of the billable hours and several others. However, due to some technical issues, you may not be able to download the latest version of the QuickBooks payroll and end up receiving the QuickBooks error PS032 or code PS077. There are several possible reasons that can promote error PS077 in QuickBooks. Read this post until the end to learn more about the reasons and resolution behind the error.
How To Determine The Arrival Of QuickBooks Error PS077?
If you are wondering how to identify the arrival of the QuickBooks error PS032, look for the below-given symptoms:
- Trouble in downloading the QuickBooks Payroll updates.
- An error message appears on your screen including the error code ps077.
- You may not be able to download the latest payroll tax table.
- QuickBooks freezes frequently when installing the latest payroll update.
- Lethargic performance of the QuickBooks program on mouse or keyboard inputs.
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077 to Take Place?
To cure an ailment, it is imperative to know the possible reasons that are causing it. To eliminate the QuickBooks error PS032, you need to determine its reasons in the first place, which are described in the below-given list:
- Trying to update a damaged, invalid, or corrupt tax table can bring forth the error code PS032.
- When your QuickBooks payroll subscription plan is expired or inactive.
- Outdated or incorrect billing information in QuickBooks.
- Make sure that your QuickBooks is registered, or it can give rise to QuickBooks error PS032 or PS077.
- Technical issues caused due to a corrupt or damaged QuickBooks company file.
Important Considerations Before Troubleshooting
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the QuickBooks Payroll error PS077, it’s time for the error troubleshooting. Hang on! Before proceeding any further, confirming the below-given points can make the error-resolution process easier for you.
- In the first place, validate your payroll subscription to ensure that you have an active plan.
- Make sure that you are using the latest updated version of the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Take a backup of your QuickBooks data file so that it can be retained in case of loss or disruption.
- Verify that the billing information you have entered is correct.
- Check if you have installed multiple instances of QuickBooks on your device.
Procedures To Fix QuickBooks Update Error PS077 Or PS032
After discussing all the important aspects related to the QuickBooks error PS077, let’s start the error troubleshooting:
First Solution: Turn Your User Account Control Off
An active UAC (User Account Control) in the background can interfere with the payroll update. Therefore, turning off UAC can resolve the issue. Follow the below-given steps:
- On your computer, go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Now, type UAC in the search area and click Enter.
- Here, you need to locate and select the Change user account settings.
- Moving ahead, click Yes and turn off User Account Control by moving the slider to Never notify.
- Enter your admin user credentials when you are prompted to do so.
- In the end, restart QuickBooks and check if you can download the payroll update.
Recent Post : How To Fix Quickbooks Error 12029 Payroll Update?
Second Solution: Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
Sometimes, the error can crop up due to damaged or corrupt data. In such a case, running QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility can help in the error resolution. Check the below-given steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and then File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- Here, you will see the errors related to the QuickBooks company file determined by the Verify data utility.
- Again, you need to perform the following series, File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- It will put the Rebuild utility at work and repair the damaged data in QuickBooks.
- Again, run the Verify Data utility using the same steps as above and it will ensure that the damaged data is repaired.
Now that the data damage is repaired, try to download the latest payroll tax tables and check if the QuickBooks error PS077 is fixed.
Read Also : Quickbooks Error PS107
Third Solution: Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
If none of the solutions can fix the error code PS032 in QuickBooks, you need to reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install tool. To do so, uninstall QuickBooks in the first place. Thereafter, rename the installation folders. Now install the QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
1: How to check Payroll service account information?
Outdated or incorrect billing information in the Payroll service account can give rise to the QuickBooks error PS077. In such a case, you can check your account information by following the below-given steps:
- Verify your QB license after logging into your online Intuit account.
- Make sure that you have the latest updates of QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks payroll service account information, check for the details like billing information dates etc.
- Try to download the QuickBooks payroll updates after switching off user account control.
2: What error message appears on the screen when QuickBooks error PS077 takes place?
When the error occurs, it gives the following error message on your screen:
“Error PS007 When Downloading Payroll Updates
A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the Company File is damaged or corrupted.”
The error message box further also explains the suitable solutions that can help you in troubleshooting the QuickBooks error PS032.
3: How To Contact QuickBooks Support?
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting program; however, not devoid of technical issues. When the users get an error while using the program, they start looking for reliable QuickBooks help. You can access the QuickBooks chat support and contact its helpline number on needing technical assistance. Furthermore, you can visit Intuit’s community forum and get help on your specific queries.