QuickBooks allows you to integrate Amazon with the accounting software to track all Amazon Business purchases. By integrating QuickBooks with Amazon, QB can classify and link them with bank or credit card accounts. However, if you are looking for the proper stepwise instructions to integrate Amazon QuickBooks, we suggest you to read this entire post attentively.
Stepwise Instructions To Integrate Amazon QuickBooks application
Here, we have described some simple steps to link Amazon with the QuickBooks application.
Step 1: Connect your Amazon Business Purchases With QBO
- In the initial stage, move to the Apps option and locate the Amazon Business Purchases to begin the connection.
- After this, opt for the highlighted Get App Now option.
- In the upcoming screen, it will prompt you whether you want to connect your business account, hit the Continue button.
- You must pick how far back you wish QuickBooks to download the transactions from Amazon.
- Once you have made the changes, opt for the Agree button.
- You must add the Amazon login credentials to begin the transaction between your Amazon Business account and QuickBooks.
- Consequently, you will see that all of your new Amazon Business purchases will be shown in QuickBooks automatically. Herein, you must hit the Check it Out option.
- Finally, hit the Finish option to end the entire process. Doing so will import all the Amazon Business Purchases into QuickBooks. You must have to wait for a moment until the importing process is going on.
Step 2: Check Your Amazon Business Purchases
Once you see the Amazon Business Purchases in QuickBooks, you are all set to evaluate and include them in your books of accounts.
- To Commence with, move to Bookkeeping > Transactions > App Transactions.
- Proceed further by choosing the For Review tab. You will see that your Amazon Business Purchases and returns will be visible in the list. This list might consist of the product description, quantity, purchase price, and fee breakdowns.
- You must choose an action for every transaction, depending on the status.
- Add or Match: You can include this purchase in your books of accounts. If you see that QuickBooks is not linked with the bank or credit card account with which you have made the purchases. In that scenario, you can link it to a specific transaction that’s previously linked with the books of accounts.
- Review: QuickBooks won’t determine the bank or credit card you used to make the purchases. You can do the confirmation, which is already included in QuickBooks, or you can link the new account with Charts of Accounts.
How Can you Confirm or Include An Account For the Payment Method?
Whenever the application imports Amazon Business Purchases, it comprises all the relevant information regarding your payment methods. Then, the QB uses those details to search for the appropriate bank or credit card account you have already added in the Charts of Accounts. This way, it can report all the expenses within the appropriate account and manage your accounts appropriately.
Whenever the payment method appears in QuickBooks for the first time, QB prompts you to confirm whether the right bank or credit card account has been added. If you cannot get one, you can include the new account at that point.
- When prompted within the App Transactions, choose Confirm Accounts in the message you receive.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the new window where you have to pick the account from the drop-down menu list. On the other hand, if you wish to generate a new account, go for the + Add New and complete the mandatory details appropriately.
- Once you are all set, choose the Save and Close option. After this, QuickBooks will utilize the bank or credit card account for the linked payment methods.
If you wish to modify the QuickBooks accounts linked with a payment method.
- Initially, move to Bookkeeping > Transactions > App Transactions.
- After this, choose the App Settings followed by the Account option.
- You must tap the Edit option before the payment method you wish to change.
- Subsequently, you must opt for another existing account in QuickBooks or include a new one.
- Finally, opt for the highlighted Save & Close option to end the process.
Stepwise Instructions to Modify the Default Settings
Below, we have listed some simple steps to modify the default settings.
Modify the Default Category
QuickBooks automatically classify your Amazon Business Purchases as “Office Supplies & Software.” Follow the instructions enumerated below to edit the default purchase category.
- To Commence with, move to Bookkeeping > Transactions, followed by App Transactions.
- Afterwards, choose the App Settings followed by the Defaults option.
- Now, tap on the Edit option and choose the purchase category that you wish QuickBooks to utilize.
- Furthermore, opt for the highlighted Save & Close option.
Modify the Default Payee
QuickBooks classifies the payee as “Amazon Business” automatically. If you wish to make changes to the default payee, perform the steps below.
- Navigate to the Bookkeeping > Transactions > App Transactions option.
- Next, head towards the App Settings, followed by the Default option.
- You must hit the Edit option next to the name of the purchase payee you wish QuickBooks to utilize.
- At last, choose the highlighted Save & Close option.
Stepwise Instructions to Disconnect the Application
If you don’t wish to utilize the Amazon Business Purchase App with QuickBooks, you can disconnect either from your QuickBooks account or via Amazon account.
From your QuickBooks Account:-
- In the beginning, navigate to the Bookkeeping and then opt for the Transactions.
- After this, opt for the highlighted App Settings.
- At last, choose the Disconnect Amazon option.
From Your Amazon Account:-
- Primarily, move to Your Account and then proceed to the next step.
- You must choose the Login With Amazon account.
- You must search for the Intuit QuickBooks connection and then navigate to the Remove option.
Wrapping It Up!!
We hope that you might find this blog worth reading and hope you can now easily integrate Amazon QuickBooks account. However, if you are getting difficulty integrating the account you can connect with our professionals through the live chat facility.