Planning to upgrade to the QuickBooks Desktop 2024? Make sure that all the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2024 are fulfilled. QuickBooks 2024 is already available for the users. You can install it on your device and implement its powerful enhancements in your business accounting processes. However, it is crucial to ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop 2024 system requirements are met before you use it.
If not, you may face different types of errors and compatibility issues in the program. Therefore, we are going to explain the system requirements for this QuickBooks upgrade in this post. Let’s have a look at it till the end.
Start Using QuickBooks Desktop 2024 With Confidence. We Have Your Back!
Table of Contents
About QuickBooks Upgrade 2024
QuickBooks Desktop 2024 Features was released recently on 20 September 2023. With this QuickBooks upgrade, you can use many newly added and improved features in your business accounting. The easily navigable interface, enhanced capabilities, better reports, and analytical tools can make your processes efficient.
With QuickBooks Desktop 2024 system requirements, you can accomplish more in less time. Thus, you can overcome the major shortcomings in your accounting process. You can move to this upgrade by restoring the backup data from QuickBooks Desktop 2023. However, it is very important to meet QuickBooks Desktop 2024 system requirements.
QuickBooks Desktop 2024 System Requirements For Upgrading
You can now get to know the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2024 System Requirements. It is important for you to check and confirm that your computer and Internet browser can run QuickBooks without any trouble. Besides, hardware and software compatibilities are also important. Additionally, you also need to check the compatibility of your anti-virus or anti-malware applications to ensure the safety of your financial data. Let’s find out these requirements without any further ado.
1: Check Your Windows Operating System
In the first place, you need to check your system’s specifications, such as your Windows operating system. You can check your version of the Windows operating system before you move to the other requirements.
Keep in mind that the support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 has ended. This means you may experience some issues while running QuickBooks on these operating systems. Besides, upgrading to a later version will ensure the safety of your accounting data; hence it is recommended. However, you can run QuickBooks on these versions:
Important*:- Avoid using Windows through an emulator or virtual environment. Use only natively installed Windows for QuickBooks.
2: Requirements For Database Servers
The next system requirement for QuickBooks Desktop 2024 is related to the database servers. These requirements are illustrated in the image below:
3: Browser Requirements for QuickBooks Upgrade 2024
The browser requirement is simple. You need to have a stable Internet connection to launch your Internet browser application. Besides, Internet Explorer is the most favored browser by Intuit, so you need to have Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) installed on your system.
4: Hardware and Operating System Requirement For QuickBooks Desktop 2024
You need to make sure that you have a 64-bit Windows operating system to run QuickBooks smoothly on your system. Thereafter, you may check the following requirements:
You need to have a minimum processor of 2.4 GHz.
16 GB is the recommended RAM for running QuickBooks at its utmost efficiency; however, 8GB of RAM is also good to go.
RAM Required on Server Computer:
The requirement of RAM on the server computer to run QuickBooks multi-user environment can vary on the basis of the number of users. Check below:
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM.
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM.
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM.
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM.
Next comes the Disk Space, which is also one of the important system requirements for QuickBooks 2024. Check the below-given list to understand it:
- 2.5 GB of disk space; however, additional space will be required for data files.
- In addition to this, you will require 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime, which comes with the installation files.
- Moreover, additional space will required for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings.
- Minimum of a 4 GB of RAM.
- Twice the size of the largest file intended for backup plus an additional space of 100MB. This data space is required from the work folder.
To get a good display of the application, make sure that your monitor has a minimum resolution of 1280 x 1024 or higher, including two extended monitors. Besides, it should be optimized for the default DPI setting.
Keep a 4X DVD-ROM drive handy for physical CD installation.
- Windows configuration is one of the most important system requirements for QuickBooks 2024, wherein you need to have a North American version of Windows.
- Besides, the selected language must be English so that the program supports the regional settings.
- Make sure that Administrator privileges are enabled on the server computer to run multi-user mode smoothly.
- Keep an important consideration in mind that you should run only natively installed Windows. Running it in a virtual environment or an emulation software is a big No!
5: Software Compatibility For QuickBooks Desktop 2024
Now that we have seen the hardware compatibilities in the list of the QuickBooks Desktop 2024 system requirements let’s have a look at the software compatibilities. Below is the list:
- The latest version of the QuickBooks payroll if you want to handle your payroll processes with the QuickBooks application.
- Besides, you can use TurboTax 2022 or later versions for personal and business uses.
- Moreover, you may also utilize the updated versions of the Quicken application as well.
- To run these features, you need a strong Internet connection with a minimum of 56kbps; however, 1Mbps speed is recommended.
- Internet Explorer 11 is recommended as your default Internet browser to run web-based QuickBooks services.
For Sending Email:
To send email estimates, invoices, and other forms, you can use various Microsoft Office email services. This list may include:
6: Antivirus and Anti-Malware Software Compatibilities
QuickBooks Desktop 2024 products, such as Pro, Premier, and Enterprise 24.0, are compatible with the following software:
Antivirus Software Compatible With QuickBooks Desktop 2024
To know the antivirus applications compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop software 2024, check below:
Anti-malware Applications Compatible With QuickBooks Upgrade 2024
Now that you have seen the list of the supported antivirus software, below is the list of the antimalware applications supported by QuickBooks 2024:
Note: Make sure that Internet security protocol TLS 1.2 is selected for QuickBooks 2024, as it can make the connected services work smoothly.
System Requirements For QuickBooks Mac Plus 2024
After discussing the system requirements for Windows, check QuickBooks Desktop for Mac system requirements:
- First things first, you should have an operating system of at least Mac OS X v12.0 (Monterey).
- Make sure that you are running QuickBooks Mac on iOS 12.0 or later for iPhone-related features.
- You need to have either Intel or Apple CPU hardware.
- A fast and stable Internet connection to run the web-based services.
This post offers an intuitive guide on upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop 2024 System Requirements. Having these requirements fulfilled, you can run QuickBooks 2024 with its optimal potential and make your accounting easier. In case your system doesn’t meet these requirements, you will need to upgrade them immediately. If you need any assistance for the same, feel free to connect with our professionals. They can provide clear instructions to get it done with ease.