QuickBooks is a man-made accounting software, and it is very common for it to encounter some technical glitches every now and then. One such problem is QuickBooks error 1722. Although a user encounters this pop-up because of incorrect coding of the software, you can still fix it. These problems are usually in Microsoft.Net Framework. You might face a hindrance if the framework is corrupted, missing, or outdated.
This post is for all the QuickBooks users who have been facing this error code. Here, we will discuss the symptoms, the main reasons behind this, and the troubleshooting solutions for the same. Let us get into it.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 1722
Hereafter are a few symptoms that you must look for.
- If your active windows program crashes frequently.
- Your PC crashes a lot while you are working on it.
- The speed of your Windows gets slow.
- You receive a QuickBooks error 1722 pop-up.
- Hardware devices respond late.
- Your PC starts to lag for a couple of seconds every now and then.
- The error pops up on your screen when opening or closing the computer.
- Error 1722 appears when you install Windows operating system.
- The issue displays when performing a program installation.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1722?
Before we get into the solutions, it is important to understand their source. Here is a complete list of reasons that can be behind this error code.
- Incomplete or damaged installation of QuickBooks
- Downloading a damaged or corrupted file
- Working on corrupted Windows
- Infected system from malware or virus
- Missing QuickBooks files
- Due to a run-time error
Troubleshooting Solutions For QuickBooks Error 1722
Now that you know why you are facing QuickBooks Error 1722 let us understand how anyone can fix it.
Troubleshoot 1: Restore Your System
By performing a system restore, you can get back all the files that have been deleted or are missing.
- Open your desktop and head to the Start menu option.
- Here, in the search bar, type System Restore and hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- A new window will pop up on your screen.
- Thereafter, from the options available on the menu bar, go to System Protection.
- Under this tab, you need to locate the System Restore option. Click on that.
- Next, you need to put in your login credentials to continue the process.
- Eventually, you will need to choose your Restore Point.
- Finally, complete the restoration process and reboot your system.
Check if the error is fixed.
Troubleshoot 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you first need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub. Hereafter, you will find the steps you need to resolve QuickBooks error 1722.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Remember to open the .exe file from the folder.
- Now, follow the steps on your screen to install the software.
- Finally, agree to the terms and conditions, and your software will be ready to use.
- Here, on the homepage, you will find various options on the left side.
- Click on the Installation Issue window and thereafter locate the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Lastly, let the software scan issues for you, and if any are found, click n repair to put it to rights.
You can find the Tools Hub download file on our web browser.
Troubleshoot 3: Use A Repair Tool
If neither of the aforementioned solutions works for you, you need to run a repair tool.
- Initially, locate the folder where you have all your QuickBooks files.
- Once you find it, click on the same to open it.
- Thereafter, go to the Search option and select the file.
- Here, you will see the Scan button; hit that.
- After that, go to the Company tab and head to Customers.
- In the following window, you will find the details of all your clients.
- Furthermore, go to the Vendors option and choose Employee from the available items.
- Finally, hit the Repair button and then on Start.
- Give it a few minutes and once the repair is over, restart your PC.
You can now check if you have overcome QuickBooks error 1722.
Read more : Quickbooks error 1712
Troubleshoot 4: Run Windows File Check
Running a Windows File Check can help in overcoming any problems with Windows.
- To initiate the process, run the Command Prompt tab on your desktop.
- Ensure that you go ahead with this process as the admin.
- Thereafter, in the given space, cmd, type SFC/Scan now, and hit the Enter key.
- This eventually will start the scan, and you will have the problem resolved.
Troubleshoot 5: Fix Microsoft.Net Framework
This is one of the major causes of this QuickBooks error code, and here is how you can fix it.
- Go to the Start menu and locate the Control Panel.
- Click on that and let the tab open up on your screen.
- Now, from the available options, go to Programs and look for Turn Windows Feature On or Off.
- Thereafter, mark tick in front of .Net Framework 3.5 and hit OK.
- Finally, reboot your desktop and try running QuickBooks again.
Troubleshoot 6: Update QuickBooks Desktop
There is a chance that you are using an outdated QuickBooks version, and this is what is causing the problem. Go along these steps to download the latest version:
- Head to the QuickBooks Desktop from the Start menu.
- Remember you need to perform this step as admin.
- Once the application is open, go to the Help tab.
- Thereafter, a drop-down list will appear before you. Click on Update QuickBooks.
- Eventually, from the next window, hit the Update Now option and then select Get Updates.
- Wait for a few minutes while the update is downloading.
- Furthermore, you need to follow the instructions and agree to the terms and conditions to install the application.
- Finally, click on Start, and this will do the work for you.
This blog included a step-by-step guide to fix QuickBooks error code 1722. Here, you must have found its symptoms, causes, and solutions. However, if you have more QuickBooks-related queries, get in touch with our experts via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts will assist you with the same.