Need assistance with QuickBooks error 1712? You have landed on the right page. Here is a friendly post for you, which explains the possible reasons and troubleshooting solutions for the error code. Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks is an accounting software that provides desktop, online, and cloud-based accounting applications. The program processes invoices and business payments and handles important accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
QuickBooks is primarily aimed at small businesses. QuickBooks is popular with these users because of its ease of use and reporting capabilities. However, issues like QuickBooks error 1712 can obstruct your accounting processes until not resolved. Read this post until the end to learn more.
What Causes The QuickBooks Error Code 1712 When Using The Program?
There are various reasons why QuickBooks programs may cause error 1712. The reasons behind the error code 1712 are stated in the below-given list:
- If you installed the QuickBooks program without uninstalling the previous program.
- The QuickBooks installation is corrupted.
- There are some corruption issues in the Windows registry.
- Error 1712 is displayed when changes are made to the software on the same computer.
- A malicious attack from Virus or malware on your computer.
- The data file in your QuickBooks account is corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks install error 1712
- Blue screen appears on the arrival of the error.
- Input or output error
- QuickBooks desktop freezes
- Shutdown problem
- HTTP error
- Laptop or system is not functioning properly
- Improper desktop installation of QuickBooks
Tips Before Going To Solutions:
There are a few tips and tricks that you must follow:
- Back up your QuickBooks data files before proceeding with the solution.
- Also, back up your Windows system in case your data gets corrupted or an error occurs during the update.
- Keep Windows up to date.
- Make sure you are using the updated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you download QuickBooks Tool Hub in advance, you can use the tool to try to fix it if you encounter any problems.
- Before opening QuickBooks, make sure antivirus or firewall is disabled.
Why QuickBooks Error 1712 Occurs?
QuickBooks error code 1712 can fail after installing or uninstalling a program that requires a reboot after the process. Alternatively, you may see this error after updating QuickBooks. Check further for possible causes of this error.
- The data file on the QuickBooks desktop is corrupted.
- Little changes have been made to the software on the same computer.
- I am trying to install QuickBooks in an encrypted or corrupted folder.
- Detrimental programs such as adware, spyware, and viruses attacking on your machine.
- There are some registry errors or corruptions in the software.
- QuickBooks software update.
Simple Yet Effective Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1712
- Restart or reboot your computer.
- Use `Task Manager` to close all running QuickBooks versions in the background.
- Try installing QuickBooks again.
- It may also help to install a version of the previous setup.
6 Solution methods to fix QuickBooks error code 1712:
You have to identify the cause and then apply the best solution:
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Desktop & Install It
- Go to the download link on your QuickBooks desktop
- You need to select the option you want to change
- Then select the product edition based on your preference.
- In the Product Selection box, click the desired QuickBooks Desktop edition (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Accountant).
- Then select the version from the Select Version field (2013, 2014, 2015-2021).
- Click the Search button
- You will be redirected to a new page. Now click the Download button to download the selected version.
- Save to computer
- Once the download is complete, use File Explorer to navigate to the location of the downloaded file.
- Double-click the file and it will initiate the installation procedure.
- Follow the instructions to install correctly on your computer
- After the completion of the installation, click the Finish button to complete.
Solution 2- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub From Intuit’s Official Wbesite
- If the QuickBooks software is open, close it.
- Then download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub to your Windows computer.
- Save the downloaded file to the default download location.
- Find the file, open it, and double-click the .exe file to start the installation.
- The installation wizard opens with instructions for installation.
- Therefore, follow the displayed instructions.
- Hit on the Finish button after the completion of the steps.
- Go to your desktop screen and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the tool.
- Then you need to run the following tools to fix the problems one by one. If the problem is resolved, you do not need to run another tool. The tools are:
- Run Quick Fix My Program from the Tool Hub.
- If you have problems with the program, click Program Problems on the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Then select the problem quick fix tool
- Scan the program and fix all issues
- Then try installing QuickBooks on your system again.
From withtin QuickBooks Tool Hub, run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool:
- In the QuickBooks tool hub
- Go to the Installation Issues option
- Then run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool tool.
- This will diagnose and fix the problem so you can easily continue your workflow in QuickBooks.
- I installed and opened QuickBooks and checked for errors.
Solution 3- Open Task Manager To Eliminate The Background Processes
- Close all programs running on your desktop
- Then press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time
- A task manager window opens on the screen
- Then check if the Processes tab is displayed. If it is not displayed, click it.
- Find the QuickBooks process running in the background
- For each process, click on QuickBooks process
- Click End Task to stop running in the background
- Do this for all QuickBooks processes running in the background
- Then close the task manager window and reboot the system
- Open QuickBooks and check for errors.
Solution 4- Modify the data path of the software in the Registry
- On Windows system:
- Click the Windows start button
- Then type regedit.exe in the search box and press Enter.
- In the Regedit window, find the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ MicrosoftWindows \ Current Version \ Explore \ User \ Shell Folders.
- In the shell folder, double-click the app data entry.
- You need to replace the original value with the local profile path in it.
- Close the window when you’re done.
- Please restart your computer.
- Launch QuickBooks and check for errors.
Solution 5- Add or create the Windows user using Administrator Account
- On your Windows system, open Windows Settings
- Press Windows + I keys at the same time to open the settings. Also ,
- From the Start menu, go to the power button and click the gear icon to open Settings
- Go to your computer’s Windows settings window
- Go to account options
- Click the Others or Family option
- Select the Add others to your computer option
- You don’t have to enter your email address when prompted
- Instead, you should click No sign-in information for this person
- When you see the option to add a user who doesn’t have a Microsoft account, click that option
- Create a new username and password for this new user
- Click the Next button to continue
- Create this new local account as an administrator
- Then, on he same account settings page, click on the newly created local account you just created.
- Select the Change Account Type option
- Transfer users from standard to administrator
- Click the OK button to continue
- Restart the QuickBooks desktop program
- Open the company file and check for any errors.
Solution 6- Fix Windows Update and Windows Installer
For Window Update
- To update your Windows system, click the Windows Start Menu button
- Click the gear icon in the system settings
- Then, in the Settings window, click the Update & Security option.
- Also, click the Windows Update tab in the left navigation pane.
- Click Windows Update, then click Check for Updates
- After confirming the update
- You will be notified if an update is available, but it is up to date if it is not available.
- If you see the update, click Get Update to download the update and install it on your computer to complete the update.
For Windows Installer
Download a Windows Installer troubleshooting tool called Program Install and Uninstaller Troubleshooter. It will help you fix Windows problems. These issues are like being unable to remove or install the program from your system. It also helps repair corrupted registry keys. After downloading the troubleshooting tool, you need to right-click it and select the Run or Open option. Here are some steps you need to follow to troubleshoot a problem: If the program is not in the list of uninstall options, you will be prompted to enter the product code for the program. This is available in the property table of the MSI file.
Summing It Up!
We hope this blog finds you well. In this blog, we have covered all the possible methods and steps you can follow how to recover QuickBooks error 1712.There may be minor technical failures during this process. But don’t worry, instant help is always available. In addition, through open discussions with experts, you can always find the right solution. In case, while performing the steps mentioned above, you face any issue or challenge, then You can contact with us or Chat with us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I clean install the QuickBooks desktop application?
A: Open the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server computer and then click on the “Installation Issues” option available at the left side of the screen. Next, perform a click on the “Clean Install Tool” option. Now, select your QuickBooks desktop version and click on the “Continue” option. At last, a pop-up window will be appear on your screen and there, click on the “OK” option.
2. Can the “Quick Fix My Program Utility” tool can help me to resolve the error code 1712?
A: Yes, the Quick Fix My Program Utility Tool can help you to fix many errors with the QuickBooks software and error code 1712 is among one of them. For using the Quick Fix My Program Utility tool, launch the QuickBooks tool hub on your PC and click on the “Program Problems” option. Next, click on the “Quick Fix My Program” option. Now, repairing process will be commenced on your screen and once the process finishes, then close the tool hub.
3. How can I delete the old services in QuickBooks desktop application?
A: For deleting the old services in QuickBooks desktop, navigate to the Control Panel settings on your device. Thereon, click on the “Add/ Remove Programs” option. Then under the list of available programs, select the QuickBooks application and click on the “Remove” option. Similarly, follow the same steps to delete all the old services from QuickBooks.
4. How can I download the latest windows updates in my PC?
A: At first, navigate to the windows start menu on your PC and then type “Windows Settings” in the search box and press the enter button. Next, click on the “Check For Updates” option. In case, any updates are available, then click on the “Install Updates” option. Now, the updating process will automatically commence on your screen.