When you face QuickBooks error code 401 and can’t find any method to remove it, we are definitely here to assist you. This issue is generally an unauthorized request on the QuickBooks desktop and can be easily solved. You might be facing such an error when you try to:
- Log in company file or accountant toolbox
- Registering during the QB installation
- Sending an invoice with QuickBooks payment
The error code usually comes with an error message stating, “The remote server faced an unauthorized error 401 and request is incompatible”. The error code is handled by several methods, which are discussed later in this blog. If you can’t get the proper resolution, you can call the QuickBooks helpline number to troubleshoot it instantly.
Quick Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 401
You will not find many solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 401. Once the issue appears on the screen with the error text, follow some simple methods that are given below.
- Firstly, opt for No and shut down the error message window
- Then, upgrade the QuickBooks software with the latest version
Troubleshooting Methods to Upgrade the QuickBooks Software to the Latest Version
Few handful options are mentioned to update the QuickBooks Software.
Method – 1 Setting up Automatic Updates
To upgrade to QuickBooks latest version, go for setting up automatic updates. The automatic updates option saves a lot of time and ensures timely Updates. The methods involved in this process are
- It can be moving to the Help menu and choosing update QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the Update Now tab. Choose the reset update checkbox and delete all the previous update download
- Select get updates to begin the download
- After the end of the downloads, ensure to restart the software
- Finally, accept the option to install the new release.
Method – 2 Scheduling for Automatic Future Updates
Another option can be opted to schedule updates. It means that you can prepare QuickBooks Updates according to their comfort, and the software will get upgraded automatically. The methods followed are mentioned below.
- Go to the Help menu and update QuickBooks Desktop
- Search the Options tab
- Now, choose Yes to switch on automatic updates. Share automatic downloads to the other systems on the network, choose yes for each design.
- Then, press on Close.
Method – 3 Manually Upgrade Procedure
If you don’t feel comfortable with automatic updates and wish to update the software manually, follow the steps below.
- Close the company file and QuickBooks
- Then, access the Windows start menu
- Once completed, look for QuickBooks desktop. Do a right-click on the icon and select run as Admin
- Move to the Help menu while on the no company access screen and then press on updates QuickBooks desktop
- Move to the options tab and then select mark all and choose to save
- Now, search the Update Now account and select the Reset Update Checkbox
- Finally, choose to get updates.
It has been trusted that updating QuickBooks software will definitely remove QuickBooks error code 401. You can implement any of the above methods to fix this error. If you can eliminate it, you must dial the QuickBooks customer support number to remove it quickly.