Many organizations spend most of their time preparing and processing the payroll as it requires complete focus and dedication. Therefore, to make it easier to manage payroll-related tasks, QuickBooks Payroll Software is the best option you must go for. Therefore, it is essential to update the QuickBooks Payroll timely to grab the new and improved functionality of the application. But, users might sometimes confront QuickBooks Error PS058 while getting the latest payroll updates.
However, it is mandatory to tackle the Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks asap so that you can process the payroll without any issues. Therefore, to help you out, we have come up with this illustrative guide that will assist you in dealing with the error. So, read this blog thoroughly and you will gather all the necessary details require to resolve the issue instantly.
Is QuickBooks Error Code PS058 interrupting you while creating the paychecks? Contact us at @+1-855-603-0490, and our professionals will assist you with some useful tips to eliminate the error immediately.
Table of Contents
Signs And Symptoms To Catch QuickBooks Error PS058
In this section, you will learn about the following indications to determine QuickBooks Error Code PS058.
- The users might observe the continuous flashing with the error message on their computer screen.
- Sometimes, you might notice that your QuickBooks software stops responding and starts working frequently.
- It may happen due to the sudden crashing of the Windows operating system.
- There might be an interruption in the middle of updating the QuickBooks payroll updates.
- You might experience the sluggish performance of your computer system.
What are the Leading Factors That Prompt QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
Whenever the user comes across QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058, the very first question that triggers in the user’s mind is what is the actual cause of the issue. So, to clarify the user query, we will first talk about all the factors that might be responsible for this error. Let’s begin reading all the causes.
- One of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error PS058 is damaged or corrupt company files.
- There might be a high possibility that the Windows Firewall or some other security programs obstruct access to QuickBooks software.
- Sometimes, it may happen when the QuickBooks data file isn’t available on the local drive.
- Poor or issues with the internet connection can be another reason that might result in QuickBooks Error Code PS058.
- You might lead to this error because of using an inactive payroll service key or payroll subscription.
Now, that you are well-aware of the causes and symptoms giving rise to QuickBooks Error PS058, you must move further to the troubleshooting part.
What Should You Do Before Resolving QuickBooks Error PSO58?
There are certain points that you must consider before fixing QuickBooks Error PS058.
- Check that you are utilizing a valid QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
- Examine that you remain connected with an uninterrupted and reliable internet connection throughout the entire QuickBooks Payroll update process.
- Never forget to generate the backup of your QuickBooks data file before updating the software.
- Last but not the least, you must ensure that you are using the QuickBooks Desktop version that is compatible with your operating system.
- Also, you must verify that you have added the Employee Identification Number and Payroll Service key appropriately.
Tested Solutions to Rectify Error Code PSO58 QuickBooks Within No Time
We understand it gets quite annoying for the users continuously receiving Error Code PS058 QuickBooks. So, to help you with the issue, we have listed some appropriate rectification methods to handle the issue with ease. If you know the cause of the issue, you can apply the troubleshooting method accordingly. Otherwise, you have to implement all the methods one by one until the issue is resolved.
Procedure No 1: Cross-Check You Have Added Employee Identification Number Accurately
Most often, the users might confront QuickBooks Error PS058 using the wrong employee identification number (EIN). So, verifying that you have added the EIN accurately is crucial. The process may vary according to the QuickBooks Payroll versions you are using.
- To start the process, launch the QuickBooks Desktop application on your device.
- After this, move to the Company tab and hit the My Company option.
- Now, you must opt for Edit and navigate to the highlighted Company Identification tab.
- Soon after this, hover your cursor over the Federal Employer Identification No section and cross-check the EIN.
- If you notice that you need to update the EIN, then update it right away and hit the OK button. Otherwise, you must tap on the OK button directly.
- At last, choose the Lists tab and pick the Payroll Item List. you must assure that your Account ID signifies the appropriate EIN Number.
Procedure No 2: Look Whether Your Data File Has Any Errors
Look at the procedure below to ascertain whether the company file has any errors.
- Initially, you must launch the QuickBooks application and press the F2 key to bring up the Product Information window.
- Now, that the Product Information window is still open on your screen, hit the F3 key on your keyboard.
- In the next step, you must tap on the Open File option.
- Thereon, double-tap on the file named QBWin.log file.
- Once the QBWin.log file opens, hit the Ctrl + F keys together to launch the search bar.
- Afterwards, add “Error” within the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- If you receive QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058, act according to the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
Procedure No 3: Try to Download the Complete QuickBooks Update Once again
Sometimes, the improper installation might instigate QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. In that scenario, you must try downloading the update again by implementing the instructions below.
- To start the process, you must ensure that you have shut down all the active programs on your device.
- After this, launch the QuickBooks application and move to the Employees tab.
- Next, you must opt for the Get Payroll Updates and proceed further.
- Verify that you have placed a tick-mark next to the Download Entire Update option.
- Thereon, hover your cursor over the Download Latest Update button.
- You must wait until you have successfully downloaded the update, and you will be notified with a message stating, “Download is Complete”.
- In the end, relaunch your device and try to get the latest QuickBooks payroll updates.
Procedure No 4: Verify the Your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription and Payroll Service Key
As stated above, using an invalid payroll subscription is one of the major reasons that might lead to QuickBooks Error PS058. So, to fix the issue, it is important to look at the payroll subscription status by implementing the steps enumerated below.
- To commence with, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- After this, move to the Employees tab > My Payroll Service > Manage Payroll Service key.
- When you are on the Add Payroll window, look that you have entered 12 digits of the Payroll Service key.
- Now, you must hit the Next button followed by Finish.
- Proceed further by tapping on the Help tab, scrolling down towards the Manage My License section, and choose the Sync License Data Online.
- Afterwards, you must reactivate your inactive Payroll Subscription by following the instructions given below.
- Go to the QuickBooks Employee menu and choose the My Payroll Service.
- Then, hover your cursor over the Account/Billing Info.
- You must add your Intuit credentials to sign in to your QuickBooks account successfully.
- Move to the Status section, tap on the Re-subscribe button, and go through the on-screen prompts to wind-up the process.
Procedure No 5: Try to Run the Reboot.bat File
Below, we have explained the stepwise instructions to run the reboot.bat file on your computer.
- First of all, launch the Task Manager on your keyboard using the shortcut keys “Ctrl + Alt + Del” keys together.
- Thereon, you must move to the Processes tab and navigate to QuickBooks along with its related processes.
- Afterwards, click on the “End All the processes” one by one.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, insert “reboot.bat” into the search area, and hit Enter key.
- Now, you must run the file and wait until the process ends.
- Relaunch your device and verify whether the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS058 still exists.
Procedure No 7: Get the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Update Download Online
You must perform the following step-by-step instructions to download the latest QuickBooks Desktop update online.
- In the beginning, you must download the qbwebpatch.exe file from the QuickBooks Support page.
- After this, you are supposed to store the downloaded setup file on your computer with QuickBooks.
- Now, you must wind up the installation of the patch file and then try to update the tax file via CD/flash drive.
Procedure No 8: Make Use Of RegCure To Fix The Issue
If still you are encountering the QuickBooks Error Code PS058, then try to fix the issue using RegCure. For that, you must carry on with the instructions outlined below attentively.
- First of all, launch the Task Manager on your computer.
- After this, you must look for QBupdate.exe and qbdagent.exe from the program list.
- If you get the following files in the list, you should close them.
- Now, go to the Desktop, tap on the Start menu, and put “reboot.bat” into the search area. Then, hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- In the next step, find and double-tap on the file named “DOS type shell”.
- Thereon, you have to wait until it shut down on its own.
- At last, relaunch your device and then try to get the latest payroll updates on your device.
With this comprehensive guide, we assure you that now you have gained immense knowledge to rectify QuickBooks Error Code PS058. If you still have any doubts in your mind, you can have a conversation with our highly-trained professionals via live chat facility. Our experts will guide you with the best tips to rectify the issue in the best possible manner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):-
Q1. What Should I do to avoid QuickBooks Error PS058 from occurring in the future?
Ans. In order to avoid QuickBooks Error PS058 in the future, generate regular updates of the company file, and stay connected with a good internet connection. Also, you must verify that you are using a valid payroll subscription.
Q2. What Do You Understand by QuickBooks Error Code PS058?
Ans. QuickBooks Error Code PS058 belongs to the PSXX series of error that mainly evoke while updating the payroll to the latest released version. There might be the possibility that it may occur due to a poor internet connection or an invalid payroll subscription.
Q3. Which is the payroll version that is currently available in QuickBooks Desktop?
Ans. The payroll version that is presently available is 11732003 on QuickBooks Desktop 2022 and 11733003 on QuickBooks Desktop 2023, which is effective from January 1, 2023, to June 30, 2023.
Q4. How can I activate the payroll in QuickBooks?
Ans. You must follow the on-screen instructions to activate the payroll in the QuickBooks application.
- Firstly, tap on the Settings option and then go ahead.
- Next, move to the Subscriptions and Billing located beneath the Your Company heading.
- Now, search for QuickBooks Payroll and choose the Subscribe option.
- If you don’t have a credit card on file, you will be asked to add the Payment Details.
Q5. What are the major causes of Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks?
Ans. The users might encounter Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks due to plenty of factors, including damaged or corrupt data files, issues with the internet connection, or using an incorrect payroll subscription.