Users often strike with Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop while attempting to send emails to your clients. In other instances, it might appear while opening, working, or sending the forms in QuickBooks. Whenever the error pops up, it throws the following error message on the screen indicating:
“Crash: Com Error”
Usually, due to this error, you might lose the unsaved company data, which might cause a huge loss for your organization. Therefore, it is crucial to overcome this error asap using the appropriate measures explained in this post.
Thinking how to overcome crash com error in QuickBooks Desktop? Worry Not!! Instead, call us at @ +1855-603-0490 and consult with our professionals to get quick assistance.
Table of Contents
Possible Factors that End Up With Com Crash Error in QuickBooks
There are multiple factors that might lead to Crash Com Error in QuickBooks. So, to make you understand regarding all of them, we have mentioned them below. Have a look at the below-listed steps attentively, and check them out.
- A problem with the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop software might lead to this error.
- Sometimes, it might evoke due to missing Windows or QuickBooks components.
- There might be the possibility that there is some interruption due to viruses or other malicious infections.
- Sometimes, it may evoke when QuickBooks can’t connect with the email server or client.
Scenarios When You Receive Crash: Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop
Below we have discussed certain instances when users might encounter this error.
- The users might receive a QuickBooks crash com error while opening or emailing invoices.
- It might happen while trying to link the file or whole launching a report.
- While opening the check register, the users might need help with this error.
Quick Fixes to Rectify QuickBooks Crash Com Error
After knowing the root causes behind the QuickBooks Crash Com error, it is necessary to resolve it asap. To help you with this, we have discussed all the possible solutions to overcome the issue quickly.
Resolution Method 1: Upgrade Microsoft Outlook to the Latest Version
- To commence with, you must open Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the File menu.
- After this, head towards the Office Account and opt for the highlighted Update Options.
- Finally, choose the highlighted Update Now option.
Resolution Method 2: Setting Up Microsoft Outlook As Your Default Mail
- Firstly, hit the Windows key on your keyboard and input “Control Panel” with the search column.
- As a result, it will take you to the Control Panel window, where you must opt for the Programs option.
- Now, choose the option that says “Set Your Default Programs” and then hit the Mail option.
- Finally, tap on the Outlook option to wind up the process.
Resolution Method 3: Connect An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
- Open the Microsoft Outlook on your device and move to the File menu.
- Afterwards, choose the Info option and click Add Account to initiate the startup.
- Mention the email address you want to add and hit the Next button to proceed further.
- You have to wait for a while until Microsoft Outlook chooses the server and opt for the Connect option.
- Now, you have to add the password that you utilize for the email address listed above accurately and click the OK button.
- Finally, hit the OK button to wind up the setup process.
Suppose, if, due to any reason, QuickBooks can’t locate Microsoft Outlook, go through the following instructions to check if it’s one of the email options.
- In the initial stage, launch the QuickBooks application and move to the Edit option.
- Following this, head towards the Preferences option and then click Send Forms.
- After that, navigate to the My Preferences option.
Note: If you cannot get Microsoft Outlook, relaunch your device and repair QuickBooks. Moreover, you also have to generate a new Windows user profile.
Resolution Method 4: Toggle Your Mail Settings Properly
At times, it is seen that QuickBooks shuts down while emailing invoices because of the inappropriate email configuration. So, to fix the email settings, you must implement the instructions given below closely.
- To begin with, tap on the Windows Start menu and move to the Control Panel.
- Afterwards, choose the User Accounts option and click on the Mail option, followed by Microsoft Outlook.
- Beneath the Profile section, you must select the Show Profile option.
- Now, hit the Outlook option and proceed further to the next step.
- If you find that “Always use this profile” is previously selected, opt for the “Prompt for a Profile to be used” option. Later on, choose the Apply option.
- Next, pick the highlighted “Always use this profile” option and tap on Apply, followed by OK.
Resolution Method 5: Generate a New Microsoft Outlook Email Profile
- Before initiating the process, ensure that Microsoft Outlook is closed if it’s already open.
- Move to the Control Panel and opt for the User Accounts option.
- Following this, tap on the Mail option and go to the next step.
- Choose the Show Profiles option from the Mail Setup window and click the Add button.
- You are required to mention the Name within the Profile Name Field.
- Go through the instructions shown on the screen to connect an email.
- At last, tap on the Apply button followed by Ok to end the process.
Resolution Method 6: Operate the QuickBooks Desktop in Compatibility Mode
- In the initial stage, go to your desktop, and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You must choose the highlighted Properties option.
- Now, opt for the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” from the Compatibility tab.
- Soon after this, choose the Windows 7 option by clicking on the drop-down menu.
- Furthermore, you must put a tick mark on the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox.
- At last, hit the Apply button and click OK to conclude the entire process.
With this, we end this post and hope the solutions listed above will guide you in resolving Crash Com error in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you face issues while fixing the error, connect with our professionals through the live chat facility.