At times, the users might end up with QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly error while transferring the files to another device. In other instances, it might evoke while using the unsupported version of the application or QuickBooks Migration Tool.
However, there are multiple other reasons that might lead to this issue. Considering this, we created this post to resolve the error using the correct troubleshooting methods.
Getting issues while transferring your QuickBooks files due to the QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly error? Ring us at +1-855-603-0490 and avail of quick assistance from our highly-trained experts.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 3003
What exactly do you mean by QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly error?
At times, the users might have to change their QuickBooks setup from one device to another for better space and speed. Therefore, they must shift their QuickBooks files from the previous system to the new one. For doing this migration process, the QuickBooks Data Migrator tool is required.
But at times, the users might encounter QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly while accessing the obsolete QuickBooks version. Therefore, it is necessary to fix the issue asap using the correct fixes in this post.
What is the use of QuickBooks Migrator Tool?
QuickBooks Migrator Tool is the widely used tool that is required to transfer QuickBooks files from one system to another. However, it is crucial to know about certain factors while using this tool to avoid the QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly error.
- Ensure that you sign into the QuickBooks Migrator Tool using the admin rights to make the relevant changes.
- Establishing a strong and unique password to utilize the QuickBooks Data Migrator Tool is necessary.
- You can copy the last three files they transferred to the USB flash drive using this tool.
- While migrating the files, the old and new computers must be well-connected with a high-speed internet connection.
- Ensure you won’t format your flash drive after the migration so the files won’t get removed.
Also Read – How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks
Reasons that Give Rise To QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error
Before going further to the troubleshooting part, it is essential to explore the root causes that might evoke this error. Therefore, to give you a clear vision regarding all the causes, have a look at the points below.
- You are operating an obsolete version of Windows that isn’t compatible with QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, it might arise due to the issue due to an outdated QuickBooks version.
- It might evoke when your system doesn’t fulfill the basic system requirements to run the QuickBooks Migration tool.
- Damaged company file folders may also be responsible.
Simple Tricks to Resolve QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Issue
Are you fed up of finding the appropriate solutions to fix QuickBooks Migration failed unexpectedly issue? Don’t panic! We have provided you with simple resolution methods to eliminate the issue immediately.
Measure 1: Changing The Location of The Company File Folder
- In the beginning, copy the backup files to the new device.
- After this, launch the new folder and look for the backup file.
- Furthermore, access the folder named “Restored_CompanyName_Files”.
- Following this, right-click and opt for the Copy option on the folder name.
- Soon after this, paste this file to the desired location.
- Then, you have to copy and paste the files, which are as follows: Cash Flow projector, financial statement designer, and printer settings.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1646
Measure 2: Get the Latest Windows Operating System
Sometimes, an incompatible or misconfiguration of the Windows operating system might lead to QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error.
- Initially, move to the Start menu on your desktop.
- After this, head towards the Settings option and then proceed further to the next step.
- Now, search the Windows Update from the following window and tap on it.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop and begin the migration process once you have accomplished the Windows update process.
Measure 3: Try Upgrading QuickBooks According to the Latest Version
Accessing the obsolete QuickBooks version might lead to issues in QuickBooks. So, installing the newly launched version of the QBDT application is necessary using the steps below.
- In the first stage, go to the QuickBooks help menu and then look for the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After this, tap on the Update Now option followed by the Get Updates option.
- Then, exit and launch the QBDT application, and install the updates if updates are required.
- Even after following the steps you are facing the issues, try to end the following processes using the Task Manager.
Also Read –Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1722
Measure 4: Configuration of the Program Files
- In the first stage, you must access the Admin Windows account to login to the Windows operating system.
- After this, launch the Control Panel and move to the Programs and Features or the App option.
- Following this, navigate to the QuickBooks Migrator Tool from the available lists of options.
- Furthermore, hover your cursor over the Uninstall/Change option > Repair option.
- Afterward, go through the instructions on the screen to end the repair process.
Wrapping It Up!!
We assure you that by implementing the above-listed troubleshooting techniques, you can easily resolve QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error. If you still need help at any of these points, talk to our professionals through live chat and get your issue resolved immediately.