QuickBooks is the inevitable accounting software that caters to the need of SMEs across various industries. It helps them to keep their financial data organized. Using the application is extremely easy. All you need is to log into the software by using your admin credentials. Though, What happens, if you lose your admin password? In such a scenario, you need to Reset QuickBooks password so that you can continue your work. If you are the one who is looking for the process to reset your QB password, then this blog is for you. Retrieving the admin password from the QuickBooks is not an easy task, so make sure you read the complete blog.
Encountering Problems while using an automated password reset tool for QuickBooks desktop? No need to worry. Just Talk to our specialist by dialing @+1-855-603-0490 and Know More.
Table of Contents
Importance of QuickBooks Password
Before jumping to the technical part of the tool, let us understand the importance of QuickBooks passwords. Being the prominent player in the market, QuickBooks does not compromise data security. It uses all the preventive methods to protect the data against cyber security. To access your financial data, you need to enter the password. It proves the authenticity of the user and adds an extra security layer. Usually, the QB offers two types of passwords, namely, the admin password and the user password. The admin password provides full access and control over the application. On the contrary, the user password is set for the individual user to log into their own account.
What Does the QuickBooks password Resetting Means?
Irrespective of the account type, you might need to reset your QuickBooks password. The term QuickBooks password reset simply means changing the user or the admin password. It also implies recovering the old password. The resetting of password procedure might vary from version to version. Before changing the password, you must consider the below-mentioned points.
- You must create a strong password for your account.
- The length of the password must be at least seven characters.
- It must contain at least one numeric, one upper case letter. It must be noted that the passwords are case-sensitive.
- Make sure that no space is used in the password.
- Also, make a unique password that you can remember easily but, at the same time, it is hard to crack.
Different Ways to Reset QuickBooks Password
Recovering the QuickBooks password is a complex process that involves a number of steps. The user can reset the QB password in two different ways.
Option 1: Manual way to change the QuickBooks password.
Option 2: With the password reset tool for QuickBooks desktop.
What is a QuickBooks password reset tool?
Developed by Intuit, the QuickBooks password reset tool is a unique tool that helps users to reset their password automatically. Since manual resetting of the password is a hectic process that confuses the users. Therefore, make use of the automated password reset tool for QuickBooks desktop to change the password. The tool smoothens the password-changing process. The tool proves to be of great utility in changing the below-mentioned things.
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- License number
- Contact Name
How to Use the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
Hopefully, now, you are very well aware of the tool and its utilization. Considering the security threats, it is advisable for the users to change the QB password every 90 days. With the help of the automated password reset tool QuickBooks desktop, you can easily change the password. However, firstly, you need to learn how to use the tool. In order to make use of the tool, you must have access to the email address that is linked to your Intuit account. Also, you must have the .Net Framework 4.5 to run the reset tool.
After that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Find out which QuickBooks version you are using.
- Open the Intuit official website and download the Automated Password reset tool QuickBooks.
- After that, open the download folder of the system and locate the downloaded tool utility.
- Further, tap on the browse option and select the company file that is locked.
- Moving ahead, tap on the next button and log into the email account that is linked with QuickBooks.
- After, you need to enter the security code in the password reset window that is sent by Intuit.
- Now, you need to create a new password for the QuickBooks company file and press the Next button. Please wait for a while.
- Further, you need to open the company file and enter the new password.
- Lastly, you need to press the OK button to access the company file.
Steps to Change the QuickBooks Admin Password By using the Automated Password Reset Tool
There are two options through which you can change the QuickBooks admin password, namely:
- Automated password reset tool for QuickBooks desktop
- By Answering the Security Question
We have explained the step-by-step procedure of both methods below in this blog.
Option 1: Automated password reset tool for QuickBooks desktop
Before implementing these steps, you must have downloaded and installed the tool on your system. The steps for the same are already described above in this blog. After that, the steps that need to be taken into account are as follows:
- The foremost step is to download the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool from the official website.
- After that, choose your QuickBooks version. Also, make sure that the last opened company files version is also installed on your system.
- Moving ahead, you need to fill out all the necessary information, such as business information or QB license number and phone number.
- Furthermore, you need to accept the license agreement.
- When asked, you need to validate your email id, user name, mailing address, and zip code.
- Further, enter the license number. Run the utility after downloading it.
- Now, choose the company file you wish to reset the password.
- Type the newly created password and re-enter it to confirm the password.
- Lastly, tap on the reset password option to change the QB admin password.
Option 2: By Answering the Security Question
You can change the QuickBooks password by answering the security question. The steps for the different versions may vary. However, the general steps are mentioned below:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop Login Screen.
- After that, tap on the I forgot my password option and answer the security questions.
- Moving further, tap on the OK button. Once QuickBooks confirms your identity, it will send the reset password link to your registered email id. There might be the chance that you are provided with a set of instructions to change the admin password.
- Whatever option you send, follow the instructions in the respective field.
- Now, enter the new password. It must be noted that the new password is unique and easy to understand.
- Once you have created the new password, enter the QuickBooks company file with the new password.
QuickBooks is an important accounting application that holds crucial information about your business. At times, the users forget the password due to any reason, or they want to change the QuickBooks password for security reasons. The user can easily change the QB admin password with the help of the free automated Password reset tool QuickBooks. Hopefully, this blog clears up all your queries regarding the tool. However, if you are still having some queries, you can call our QuickBooks Support experts and get it fixed immediately.
Frequently Asked Question
1 – Do the QuickBooks Company files get affected if I reset My QB password?
A – No, your QB data file will not be get affected by resetting the QB password. The resetting of the QB password will only change the password of the file.
2 – What are the features of the QuickBooks desktop password reset tool?
A – The QuickBooks desktop password reset tool is a powerful tool that is used to crack the password of QuickBooks. The unique features that the users can enjoy while using the password are:
- You have easy access to important financial information.
- The file may be readily extracted from the QBB backup.
- It’s simple to guess the admin password.
3 – Can I get support for understanding and using the automated password tool?
A – Yes, our experts are well-trained in dealing with all types of errors or technical glitches. All you need is to dial our helpline number or email your query to us on our official email id.
4 – Why is QuickBooks asking for a password again?
A – The application needs the password before allowing you to grant access. Whenever you are logged out of the company file and the application and want to use the company file again, QuickBooks will ask for the password.
5 – Can I use the same password for the QuickBooks online and for the Intuit account?
A – Yes, you can use the same password for the Intuit account and for the QuickBooks online. However, if you reset the password for one account, it will get reset for both accounts.