No doubt, QuickBooks is one of the most powerful accounting software used by SMEs to track their financial health. However, the robust accounting software is also prone to errors. One such error that users are facing while using the software is the QuickBooks script error. The most perplexing QuickBooks bug happens when a user attempts to access a website from the QuickBooks 2016 application running on Windows 7, 8, or 10. This is the most confusing error as it shows no early symptoms or signs. The users frustrate when they receive QuickBooks script errors, as it is not easy to find the root cause of the error.
If you, too, are getting the annoying QuickBooks script error code and are looking for simple resolving methods, then this blog is meant for you. Before proceeding to the troubleshooting methods, let us first have a look at what this error means, and what are its root causes. This blog focuses on same. Let us read the entire blog and find out the most suitable error solving method.
Got Frustrated By QuickBooks Script Error? Call Our Experts Now @1855-603-0490 and Get It Fixed Immediately.
What is QuickBooks Script Error
Though QuickBooks Script Errors never damage your crucial data or break the file; however, it is important to resolve the error immediately. In order to pick the right solution, you must first know the possible reasons that triggers the error.
Read Also – How To Uninstall QuickBooks
Factors that Trigger QuickBooks Script Error
There are numerous reasons that trigger QuickBooks Script error and interrupt your on going work. Though, some of the most common yet prominent reasons that shoot QuickBooks script errors are listed below:
- Script processing function is either disabled or blocked.
- Your PC is attacked by a virus or malware.
- Unwanted changes in the scripts.
- Script plugin or software is damaged or corrupted.
- PC’s window is damaged
- Online downloaded data is not automatically syncing with the script software.
- Script debugging feature is disabled.
- The file which you are trying to open is damaged.
- The cache browser folder is full or corrupted.
- The third party or a window firewall is blocking the proper functioning of the script.
- There is a possibility of damaged QuickBooks data files.
What are the Common signs and Symptoms to Identify QuickBooks Script Errors?
Although we have mentioned that there are no early signs or symptoms, however, some signs are reported by QuickBooks users. Here are some signs or elements that users may experience as a result of a QuickBooks script problem if you want to determine whether your system is affected or not.
- Internet Explorer is not working properly or is responding slowly to the requests.
- QuickBooks online activities are prohibited.
- Facing difficulties in the navigation to the features in QuickBooks.
- Not able to download or install the latest version of QuickBooks software.
- Frequent popup messages regarding the error on the screen.
- Not able to traverse the screens while using the QuickBooks.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Script Errors
After getting all the information about the script error in QuickBooks, now, let’s discuss the methods to fix the QuickBooks script errors. Just follow the below-mentioned steps and get rid of the problem of facing QuickBooks script errors.
Before starting the QuickBooks script errors solution, please make sure to turn off the notification of every script error in internet explorer 7, 8, 9.
Solution 1: Deleting cache and history of Internet Explorer
Before you start any time-consuming process of solving the error, first, you must try to clear the cache and history of the browser. Sometimes, when the browser is full with unwanted cache, then it might show some errors to its users. So, here are the steps that you can follow to clear the cache on your internet explorer.
- Open internet explorer.
- Now, click on the tools option.
- Then, click on “Internet options” and then “General Tab”.
- Now, click on the “Delete Browsing History”. You can also go directly to this page by pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + Del” keys together.
- Then, on the history page, select all the options and then click on the “Delete” option. After this, all the history, cookies, and cache will be deleted in Internet explorer.
Solution 2: Turning off the Add-Ons feature in the Internet Explorer
- First, open internet explorer
- Go to the tools section.
- Then, click on the internet options, and there, search for the “Manage Add-Ones” option and click on that.
- At last, select the “disable” option from the bottom side of the screen.
Now, you have successfully turned off the Add-one’s feature. This method will definitely help you to solve the problem. If the problem still continues, then don’t bother and follow the last solution.
Solution 3: Uninstall the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer
- Go to the settings page.
- After that, check all the installed ActiveX files in your system.
- After that, you have to search for that name starting with qboax such as qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Then, at Last, close all the running windows or pages in your Windows Explorer, and then finally, delete all the located files available in your system.
Once, you have deleted the ActiveX files from your internet explorer, then again relaunch the QuickBooks software, and perform that task in which you were facing the Script error. At this stage, the QuickBooks Script error will be solved.
Method 4: Run Internet Explorer in Compatible View
Follow the below mentioned steps to run the internet Explorer in the compatible view.
- Open the internet explorer and click on the three dots available at the top right corner.
- Pick the tools option and open the compatible view settings.
- Put a tick in the box to the left of “Display all settings in compatible view.”
- Click the “Save” button to make the changes in the Internet Explorer..
Method 5: Clear SSL certificates from Internet Explorer
The steps to remove the SSL certificates from internet explorer are as follows:
- Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer once it is open.
- Choose the internet options.
- In the internet options, choose the tab “Content”.
- Now, click on clear SSL state option, available under the content tab.
- Click the “OK” button to save the modifications.
Method 6: Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser
You can remove the problem by setting the internet explorer as your default browser. Go through the below-mentioned steps to set internet explorer as your default browser.
- Open internet explorer.
Click on the gear icon, settings tab, and then open the internet options tab.
- In the internet options, choose the programs tab.
- Now, click on the “Make default” option available under the programs option.
Method 7: Add Intuit as a Trusted Site
Adding Intuit as a trusted site will solve your problem. To accomplish the same thing, take the following actions:
- Open the internet explorer settings and navigate to the tools sections.
- After that, navigate to the security tab.
- In the security tab, go to the sites tab and pick the trusted sites.
- In this, add Intuit as a trusted site.
- Follow the instructions for QuickBooks.
- Close the trusted site window.
- In the custom sections, go to the miscellaneous and enable the cross-domain platform.
- To save changes, click “OK”.
Method 8: Disable the script notification error
You can solve the problem by disabling the script notification error in the browser settings. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open the IE and click on the gear button to open the settings.
- Now, choose the tool options, followed by internet options.
- Click on the advanced settings available under the internet options and uncheck the “Display a notification about every script error”.
- Press the OK button to save the changes.
Step 9: Repair the QuickBooks Data File
If you are having a problem with QuickBooks, you can repair it with the help of QuickBooks file Doctor. To do the same, you have to go to the official website of QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks doctor from there. Run it after installing it on your computer. It will automatically fix the issue if there is any.
We have tried to accumulate all the possible methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Script error.
Read Also : QuickBooks Error PS077
Facing errors while using the QuickBooks software is very frequent. Whenever you face any error in QuickBooks, there is no need to be panic about it. In this article, we have mentioned all the necessary information about QuickBooks, the Script error, and the methods to get the problem resolved. You can use any of the above methods to get rid of the error. If you are still facing the error, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our assistance team. They are happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q1. What error messages display on the emergence of QuickBooks Script Error?
Ans. There are different error messages that users might observe on the arrival of QuickBooks script error, which are as follows:
- “A script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly”.
- “The error has occurred in the script of this page”.
- An error has occurred on the script of this page line: 7 Char: 561 Error: Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference Code: 0”.
Q2. What should I do if a QuickBooks script error evokes during the import process?
Ans. If the QuickBooks script error appears during the import process, apply the following steps.
- Launch the Internet Explorer on your device.
- After this, look for the Tools button and tap on the Internet Options.
- If you won’t be able to find the Table option, hit the Alt button.
- Consequently, it will show the Hidden option.
- Click on Discovered Advanced option and remove the notification related to script error.
- At last, hit the OK button to conclude the process.
Q3. How can you fix the script error while an export process in QuickBooks?
Ans. To fix the script error that occurs while exporting in QuickBooks, use the steps below.
- Initially, click the Tools option from the right side of your browser.
- After this, go to Safety & Security > Delete History.
- You must choose the checkbox next to “Cookies and Website Data” and hit the Delete option.
- Wait until it removes all the browsing history and exits from the internet browser.
Q4. What do you mean by script error in QuickBooks?