QuickBooks File Doctor is an excellent utility that resolves the common issues related to the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks company file is the primary storage file in the application that stores your crucial accounting data. The accountants and bookkeepers require to open this company file to make the required changes and updates. However, when this file gets damaged, you need to repair it as soon as possible. QuickBooks Tool Doctor is an excellent tool in the program that can repair a damaged file and prevent your data from loss or disruption. Here, we will discuss in detail the tool and QuickBooks File Doctor download procedure.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor? Detailed Description
QuickBooks File Doctor is a free utility in the program that helps it rectify the QuickBooks company data file and network-related issues. Besides, this tool plays a crucial role in eliminating the error codes that belong to QuickBooks error code 6000 series. It means that whenever you face a problem when accessing the company file and none of the applied solutions fixes the problem, the QBFD tool can be your savior. Earlier, it was an independent tool, but now you can access it using the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You may consider Tool Hub as a luncher of the important tools and utilities in QuickBooks when they are required in troubleshooting a problem.
Issues That Can Be Resolved Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
This is an incredible tool you may utilize in troubleshooting multitudinous issues in the program. Below are some erroneous conditions wherein you may utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor to get the best results:
- Network issues in the program, such as error code series H (Quickbooks error H101, Quickbooks error H202, Quickbooks error H303, & Quickbooks error H505).
- Damaged company files that are not opening.
- Company file access error code series 6000 (6000 -82, 6150, 6000 – 305, Quickbooks error 6147, 6130).
- It also repairs the lists wherein there are missing or blank vendors, customers, or employees.
In the above-given situations, you may run the File Doctor tool to get rid of the problem. If you are not aware of the QuickBooks File Doctor download procedure, hold your horses! We will discuss it in the next section of this post.
Recent Added : QuickBooks multi user mode
How to Download QuickBooks File Doctor?
For QuickBooks File Doctor, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub in the first place. QuickBooks Tool Hub is a single-stop solution to a wide range of technical issues in the QuickBooks program. It has a comprehensive category of the problems you can choose from. Based on your selection, it launches the most relevant tool for the automated troubleshooting of the error. To download:
- Go to Intuit’s official website and then download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to a location where you can easily access and install the tool hub.
- Next, go to the download location and run the executable file QuickBooksToolHub.exe for the installation.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to proceed further and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the tool hub is installed, double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open it.
- After opening the Tool Hub, you need to select Company File Issues from the given options.
- This selection will open QuickBooks File Doctor, and you just need to select it for the error resolution.
- The tool will now scan the file for the potential damages and threats and fix it for you.
- It may take about 20 minutes or more based on the size of your company file.
- Once the company file is repaired, check if the persisting problem is fixed or not.
Utilizing QBFD Tool from QuickBooks Desktop Application
Now that you know how to run the tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub, below are the steps to utilize it from QuickBooks Desktop:
- Launch the QuickBooks application and then open the data file.
- Next, click on File >> Utilities >> Repair File. This series of actions will start the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Next, you need to Browse the company file you want to repair.
- Thereafter, you need to choose between the company file issues or the network file issues option.
- Once selecting the suitable option, you need to provide the accurate administrator username and password.
- Now click Next to move further.
- These steps will make the QuickBooks File Doctor tool scan your company file for potential threats or damages and fix it.
Note: These steps will only be applicable on QuickBooks 2016 or later versions.
Limitations Related To QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
When utilizing the tool for your company file issues, you need to keep in mind that it has certain limitations. Check the below-given list:
- You need to have valid administrator credentials (user ID & password) for the company file you are using the tool for.
- If the size of your company file is beyond 2GB, you may not be able to use the tool to fix it.
- Moreover, it also requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed on your system to run the tool.
Possible Results after Running the Tool
After running the tool, you may notice any of the below-given results:
1: The Tool Did Not Find an Issue
If the tool doesn’t find the problem in the company file, log back into the company file and check if the error is fixed. If not, you may try the auto data recovery setup. Thereafter, enter the transactions since the last backup you have made.
2: Tool Finds The Issue But Unable To Fix It
Another possibility is that the tool finds a problem but can’t fix it. In this case, also, you are recommended to set up QuickBooks Auto Data recovery.
This post elaborates on the QuickBooks File Doctor Download and utilization procedures. By downloading this tool, you can fix a wide range of issues related to the company file and network in QuickBooks. If you have any queries related to the QBFD tool, don’t hesitate in getting touch with us. We respect all your queries and help you with the best solutions. Our chat and email channels can help you connect with us.