QuickBooks is the most advanced accounting tool used across the globe. The favorite accounting tool is widely used by SMEs due to its amazing features and functionalities. In spite of its edition – Pro, Premier, or Enterprise the multi-facet application has various issues or errors. To troubleshoot the different issues of the financial software, Intuit develops a go-to tool, namely QuickBooks File Doctor. The tool is highly popular among QuickBooks users as it rectifies various types of errors.
Stuck in QuickBooks file doctor Download? Don’t worry. Dial +1-855-603-0490 & Get in Touch with our Nerds
Suppose you use accounting software regularly and get irritated due to its various errors or other issues. Then, do not worry. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor 2022 and easily fixes certain issues without any fuss. Let us dive deep into the pool of knowledge and explore more about this amazing utility.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks File Doctor is a free tool that is used to rectify various errors, data corruption issues, network setup problems, installation problems, connection errors, and more. The tool is integrated with all the QuickBooks 2015 later editions. In case you are using the older version of the software, then it is high time to upgrade the software. Or you can download the handy tool separately to resolve the various QuickBooks errors. However, to use this amazing tool, you need the Windows edition of the software as it is not compatible with the Mac.
Presently the handy tool is a combination of the QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool and QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool and is widely used to rectify the various errors and issues related to the company files and network.
Situations Where QuickBooks file doctor Can be Used
We hope that till now you have very well understood the importance of this amazing tool. Let us now have a quick look at the different situations where the tool can be used.
- If you are facing the 6000 series error, then it is ideal to make use of this tool.
- The QuickBooks is not responding, or it gets freezes.
- If there is damage in the company file, sample file, or corporate file.
- There is an H series error, or you receive the H 101, H 505, H 303, and H 202 errors.
- When the software gives you a blank vendor or customer list.
- In case you face a problem in launching the corporate files.
- If the Windows registry is corrupted, you can use the tool.
- There are damaged or corrupted components of QuickBooks.
- If there are QB database server manager issues, make use of the tool.
- In case you face update, installation, network errors, or other errors.
- If your system is affected by the virus or malware attack.
Prerequisites for QuickBooks tool hub file doctor
In order to download and install this amazing utility on your system, you must fulfill the basic prerequisites. Below we have mentioned the full specifications of file doctor QuickBooks.
- Operating System – Windows XP,, Windows 7, Vista, Windows 8.
- Additional Requirements – Microsoft .Net framework 2.0 and QuickBooks
Apart from it, you must fulfill the below-listed requirements to install the utility tool.
- Make sure that you must log in to the system as a window administrator.
- If your system already has the older version of the tool, uninstall it first.
- Turn on the QuickBooks hosting before downloading the application.
- There is no need to download the QuickBooks file repair on your system.
How to download QuickBooks File Doctor and Install it?
You have understood the tool and know its prerequisites. Now, it is high time to know the QuickBooks file doctor download process. The below-cited steps will help you in completing the downloading and installing process without any problem.
Method 1: Download the Stand Alone Version from Intuit Website
In case you are using the older versions of the QB, you need to download the tool separately on your system. To download the Stand Alone Version, you must have the .Net framework.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the stand-alone version of the tool:
- Go to the official website and download the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Locate the.QBFD file and click on it to start the installation process.
- Accept the license agreement to move ahead in the process and tap on the “Next” button.
- After that, click on the install button and let the process complete.
- Press the finish tab once the process finishes.
- The tool will be automatically opened once it is installed.
Method 2: To use the In-Built Utility, Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
However, if you are using the QB 2015 or afterward versions, the tool comes as an in-built feature. However, to make use of the tool, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub. The below-cited steps will help you in the same:
- Close the application if it is opened on your system.
- Go to the official website and download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub. In case you already have the tool hub, upgrade it to the latest if not.
- Save the tool file to the specific location on your system.
- Open the folder and search for the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and run it.
- Complete the instructions displayed on screen and put the tick mark on the license agreement.
- The installation will be automatically started. Once the process finishes, click on the icon to open the tool.
Important Points to Consider Before Running the Utility Tool
Before running the handy tool on your system, you must consider the below-mentioned points:
- Make sure you are using a single version of the tool.
- Always make sure that the file size is less than 1.5 GB.
- Keep the admin credentials with you.
- The latest version of QuickBooks must be used.
How to Run the File Doctor From the Tool Hub?
Once you have downloaded and installed the tool on your system, you need to run the tool. Follow the below-mentioned steps to run QB file doctor from the tool hub:
- Open the tool hub and go to the company file option.
- From the available option pic the “run QB file doctor” option.
- Pick the required company file in the QB file doctor. In case you are unable to locate the desired file, browse to the file location.
- Tap on the continue button.
- Log in to the QB by using the admin credentials – user name and password.
The above-mentioned steps will start processing the company files and will rectify the data integrity or the network issues. The complete process may take 5 minutes or less, depending upon the size of the company file. Once the process finishes, open the QB and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Steps to Run the File Doctor From QuickBooks Desktop
If you are using the 2015 or the later versions, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the software, and after that, open the company file.
- After that, click on the file menu and select the utilities and repair file option to initiate the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Browse through the files to locate the corrupted file and press the open button.
- Correctly pick the fixation method and click on the “Next” button.
- Make use of the admin login credentials and click on the “Next” button.
- Once the tool has processed the company file, restart the QuickBooks.
File doctor QuickBooks Limitations.
No wonder the file doctor QuickBooks is an amazing tool that helps users in rectifying various errors. However, the tool has some limitations too. Below we have pinpointed some of the limitations of the tool:
- The tool only supports the .qbw or .qba file extensions.
- To run and install the tool, you must have the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- The company files larger than 2 GB can not be processed by the tool.
- You must have a valid administrator username and password to scan a company file by using the tool.
- In case the database server manager is available on your system, then the tool will not work properly.
- If your system has more than one QuickBooks, then you will face a problem in using the tool.
Let us Wrap It Up
No wonder QuickBooks File Doctor is a vast topic. Here in this blog, we have thrown some light on the QuickBooks file doctor free download process and how to run the tool. The usefulness of this tool has made it a daily utility tool among QuickBooks users. Apart from this tool, the developers of this tool have developed various other tools also. Here, we have informed about the tool to our best. In case you feel the need for any assistance, do contact our experts. They will help you. Get an expert opinion via email, chat, or phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – How does QuickBooks file doctor take it to install?
A – The installation time may vary depending on the speed of the internet.
Q – What price do you need to pay to use the QuickBooks File Doctor?
A- This amazing utility tool is available free of cost. The users do not need to pay any kind of charge to download and install the tool.
Q – Where do the QBW files store?
A – The files are usually stored at C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files location. Provide the correct year and versions of the QB.