QuickBooks is an outstanding tool that can help you streamline your cash flow management, send invoices to your customers and get paid. Besides, you can send customer-tailored invoices online. The timely payment reminders can prevent you from chasing after your customers for the payment.
You can simply send an invoice email. When the customers open the email and click on Review and Pay or Pay invoice, it takes them to the invoice and they can pay it directly from there.They can choose to pay by credit card or ACH bank transfer based on how you have configured the payment options. Sometimes, your customers run into an error when making the payment for an invoice. In such a case, this post can help you in the error resolution. Let’s understand how!
Various Instances of The Payment Errors with Their Resolution
There are various instances when your customers may not be able to make payment for the invoices. Below are some of the main instances of these errors along with their troubleshooting solutions:
1: Pay Now Button Is Missing in The Invoice Email
Payment processing is an add-on feature enabled through QuickBooks Payments. If this feature is missing in QuickBooks, you can send invoices via email, but your customers may not be able to make payment directly through this invoice. If you have this feature, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks Payments feature is enabled. You may access this feature both in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. You may reach out to a reliable QuickBooks support number if not sure how to turn QuickBooks Payments on.
2: Customers Get an Error Message When Making Payments
Sometimes, customers get an error message when making the payment. In such a case, they need to perform the below-given steps:
- If you are getting an error message when making the payment, clear your web browser cache.
- Once done, right-click on the Review and Pay button from the invoice email and copy the URL.
- Now open a web browser and paste the link into the address bar.
- If the link doesn’t open, switch your Internet browser.
- Try to make payment using Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox browser, as QuickBooks Payments work best with these internet browsers.
- Make sure that the browser you are using is updated to the latest version for effective cash flow management in QuickBooks.
3: When You Don’t Know How to Make Partial Payments
If you are not sure how to make partial payments for an invoice from the payment page, follow the below-given steps:
- Open the invoice mail you have received in your mailbox and then select Review and Pay.
- Next, click on the Pencil icon to edit the Payment Amount.
- Now enter the partial amount you want to pay.
- Now fill out the other required fields and select Pay.
Note: Partial payments are not available when your vendor requests a deposit on an estimate.
Read also : QuickBooks File Doctor Is Not Working
4: When Customer’s Credit Card Gets Declined When Making Payment
Sometimes, when your customers try to make payments, their credit cards get declined. In such a case, you need to understand the possible reasons behind the error. The two main reasons are stated in the below-given list:
- When the information entered by a customer does not match the bank. Verify that the entered information is correct and then make the payment for the invoice.
- If the payment amount exceeds the maximum limit of the credit card specified by the card issuer or bank. It would be better if you check the limit before proceeding any further with the payment process.
In the End!
The solutions explained in this post can help you make full or partial payments against the invoices without getting an error. However, if you are still getting errors or unable to make a payment due to a technical unease, get in touch with us by dialling our QuickBooks support number. The experts will help you with prompt support in streamlining your cash flow management.