QuickBooks Error 1612 is an error that occurs in your System due to an interruption in the installation of the QuickBooks Software. However, the steps to rectify this Error are not so difficult if you know the set of steps. Thus, if you are also facing this Error, and don’t know how to resolve it, simply read this blog and find your Solution.
But what if you get stuck in some steps while following the process? Call on @+1-855-603-0490 and grab immediate help from a QuickBooks expert.
Table of Contents
What Causes the QuickBooks Error 1612?
Before rushing towards the troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 1612, you first have to understand why it occurs in your System. Thus check the below paragraph to learn about all the root causes that can provoke such Errors in your QuickBooks Software.
- The Corrupt Installation of QuickBooks Software.
- Windows Registries are invalid or unauthorized.
- The presence of Malware or Viruses in your System can also evoke such Errors in your System.
- In case the Company File is damaged or corrupted.
- If there is some power fluctuation, that ends up with the shutting down of the System.
- You might have deleted an important file by mistake.
- Installing QuickBooks using deactivate CD can also lead to error 1612 in QuickBooks.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 1612?
Below we have mentioned a few Signs and Symptoms that can use to recognize the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 1612 in QuickBooks:
- An error message stating
- “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible”.
- In case the System stops responding frequently.
- The update of QuickBooks may freeze in between.
- Windows Operating System might crash.
- QuickBooks software starts hanging.
- QuickBooks stops responding to your command.
What are the Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1612?
Finally, let’s understand the steps that can help you in fixing Error 1612 in QuickBooks:
Method 1: Reset the Patch
In case a user struggle with QuickBooks Error Code 1612, the first thing we advise them to do is patch reset. To do so, you can follow the given information:
- Check if the patch is working properly or not; if not, then re-download it.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Share Download Folder button, and turn it on and off.
- After that, follow the given instructions: Off, then Save. Next On again Save.
- Now, try to repeat step 1 again to check if the problem is fixed.
Method 2: Run a Scan in QuickBooks through System File Checker
System File Checker Tool in QuickBooks is used for repairing damaged QuickBooks Files in Windows. To utilize the Tool, follow the given steps:
- Initially, open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows+R keys simultaneously.
- After that, enter cmd in the Box, and launch the Command Prompt window.
- Now, in the Window display, write SEC/Scannow and hit the Enter button.
- Now, the scanning process will begin.
Note: Scanning might consume some time.
- Lastly, reboot your System, and verify if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Repair the QuickBooks Installation
Alternatively, you can also repair the QuickBooks software to eliminate the Error. For that, check the given steps:
- Launch the Control Panel, and head to Add/Remove Program tab.
- Thereon, from the list of programs, select QuickBooks.
- Hit on the Uninstall/change button.
- Tap on the Repair tab from QuickBooks Installation Window.
- Moving ahead, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Lastly, Restart your System.
Method 4: Delete the Damaged Application
A corrupted or damaged msi.file can also be a reason behind this Error. Thus fix the Error by uninstalling them.
Note: The uninstallation process might vary according to the Operating System you are using.
Steps for Windows 7 and windows vista
- At the beginning of the process, click on the Start tab.
- After that, hit the Programs and Features button.
- Tap on the Control panel, and click on Programs.
- Thereon, Hit on the Programs and Features tab and look for the Windows installer error code linked with the program present in the name column.
- Moving ahead, hit the Windows installer, followed by taping the enter key.
- Now, hit the Uninstall button, and follow the on-screen prompt to complete the process.
Instructions for Windows 8
- Click on the Start Button and right-click on the Start Context menu.
- Hit on the Programs and Features tab, and then look for the Windows installer error code related to your issue.
- Once you find it, click on Windows Installer-related Entry, and hit on Uninstall and Change button.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the overall process.
Instructions for Windows XP
- The Windows XP user has to hit on the Start Button and launch the Programs and Features section.
- Thereafter they have to click on the Control Panel and select Add or Remove Program tab.
- Now, look for the Windows “installer error code 1612″ related problem in the list of installed programs.
- Next, tap on the Windows Installer Entry.
- Select the Remove tab, and perform the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Method 5: Check the Anti-Virus Settings
At times, you might face QuickBooks Error Code 1612 due to the presence of a Firewall or Anti-virus in your System, as it can interrupt the Software. Thus, fix the Error by modifying the Anti-virus settings:
- Start the process by verifying the Firewall Ports. Check if the QuickBooks or some related files are disabled.
- Now, configure the Anti-virus settings; if QuickBooks is in the list of Blocked apps, remove it.
Note: You can also uninstall the Anti-virus for some moment if you still face problems. To do so, check the given steps:
- Open Control Panel and look for Programs and Features.
- Thereafter click on the Uninstall a program tab and head to the Anti-virus software.
- Tap on Uninstall. Click OK, and finally, restart your device.
Method 6: Make Changes in the QuickBooks Software Settings
If none of the above methods works in your favor, then fix your Software settings.
Note: Take a backup of your Company Files to save them from any damage or loss.
- Click on the Start button, and in the list of programs, look for QuickBooks.
- Thereafter right, click on the QuickBooks icon and hit the Uninstall button.
- Now, let the uninstall procedure complete.
- Moving ahead, navigate to the Inuit’s official website and look for the QuickBooks program.
- Download the newest version of QuickBooks and Save it at an easily accessible location.
- Next, set up QuickBooks by providing the apt login details.
- Once the installation is done, go to Control Panel and head to the Programs and features button.
- Under the Name option tab on the Associated entry.
- Select the associated files and hit the Uninstall button.
- Now, again in the Box, tap on the Programs and Features section and look for QuickBooks.
- Choose it and click on the Repair button.
- Now, let the repair process complete.
- Lastly, restart your System and check if the Error is resolved now.
In a Nutshell!
Here we are wrapping up our blog. In case you need any additional help while fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 1612, then use the live chat option, and get help from our QuickBooks Experts. These experts are available around the clock to help the QuickBooks user in finding the answer to their Queries.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Question 1: How does QuickBooks Error Code 1612 appear?
Answer: When a user face QuickBooks Error Code 1612, they receive an error message on their screen stating, “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible”.
Question 2: How to recognize Error 1612 in QuickBooks?
Answer: To identify the occurrence of Error 1612, match the given Signs and Symptoms:
- Your System stops suddenly.
- The update process stops.
- If the software freezes frequently.
- You will receive an error message.
- QuickBooks stops responding to your command.
Question 3: Why Did I Receive The QuickBooks Error 1612?
Answer: In case there is an incomplete installation of QuickBooks update, it can lead to QuickBooks error 1612. Apart from that, it can also appear due to the presence of Malware or viruses in your System.
Question 4: Can I use QuickBooks Online instead of QuickBooks Desktop to eliminate QuickBooks Error 1612?
Answer: Yes, in case you are facing error 1612 using QuickBooks Desktop, you can switch to QuickBooks Online. It is a Cloud-based version of QuickBooks that can be used from any device that has an Internet connection.
Question 5: Is it safe to clean my computer to fix QuickBooks Error 1612?
Answer: The easiest way to remove unwanted files and programs is by cleaning your System. However, make sure to delete files and programs that are safe to delete, i.e., files that conflict with QuickBooks.