Users often stumble upon QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218 while installing the latest payroll updates. Wondering why it happened? It might take place due to the incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer. Other reasons that might end up with this error are using outdated QBDT, and damaged .ND file or using a poor internet connection. Whenever the error occurs, it interrupts the users from utilizing the latest payroll updates. Thus, it leads to a delay in payroll processing and leads to delay in the ongoing business task.
Read the entire post attentively to gain in-depth knowledge about the causes that trigger QuickBooks Error 15218. Also, we have elaborated on the quick fixes for the error below.
Dealing with QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218 and having no clue how to fix it? Worry Not!! Dial @ +1-855-603-0490 and talk with our experts to fix the error within the least time applicable.
Factors Responsible For QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218
It gets more convenient for the users to tackle QuickBooks error 15218 when they know the actual cause behind the error. Therefore, to update you on all possible root causes, go through the pointers below.
- Issues with the Windows Firewall might give rise to Error Code 15218 in QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, it may occur while operating the older version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The incorrect set-up of the Internet Explorer settings is also the reason behind the error.
- It may also occur due to damage or corrupted network data file.
How Can You Determine QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218?
On the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 15218, the users might experience the following signs and symptoms. Go through the pointers given below closely.
- Whenever the user encounters QuickBooks Error 15218, an error code is displayed on the computer screen.
- The users might discover that their system gets affected while running QuickBooks.
- You might experience poor performance in your computer system.
- Sometimes, your device starts freezing frequently.
Verified Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15218
In this blog section, we have described some simple resolution methods to rectify QuickBooks Error 15218. Read all the solutions carefully and apply them according to the cause of the error.
Resolution Method 1: Link the Intuit as the Trusted Website In your Web Browser
Adding Intuit as the trusted website in your web browser won’t interrupt the users while downloading the latest payroll updates. Thus, helps in preventing QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218. To do the same, apply the stepwise instructions below. Check them out.
- To commence with, open the newly launched version of Internet Explorer and hit the Tools icon.
- Afterwards, hover your cursor over the Internet Options tab by clicking the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Sites section and insert the following websites in their text fields. Then, hit the Add option to proceed further to the next step.
- Exit the window and opt for the highlighted Customize Level option.
- Move to the Miscellaneous section and click on the Enable button.
- After that, look for the “Access data sources across domains” and hit the OK > Apply button.
- At last, return back to the main QuickBooks screen and get the newly launched version of payroll updates.
Resolution Method 2: Rectify the Internet Explorer Settings
Fixing the misconfigured internet explorer settings will help you overcome QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218. For that, you have to apply the stepwise instructions given below thoroughly.
- Primarily, open the newly launched version of Internet Explorer and click on the highlighted Gear icon.
- Tap on Internet Options and choose the Advanced button to go ahead.
- You are supposed to click on the Security option and tick mark the “Use TLS 1.0” checkbox.
- Also, verify that you have left the “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” checkboxes unmarked.
- After making all the mandatory changes, hit the Apply button followed by the Next option.
Resolution Method 3: Disable Firewall and Network Protection Temporarily
To switch off the firewall and network protection temporarily, have a look at the following steps.
- In the initial stage, right-click on the Start button and opt for the Settings menu.
- Soon after this, hover your cursor over the Update & Security option.
- Furthermore, opt for the Windows Security tab and hit Open Windows Security.
- Later on, beneath the Windows Security window, select Firewall and Network Protection.
- You are supposed to tap on the Domain, Private and Public Network one after the other. Then, you must disable the Microsoft Defender Firewall with all sorts of networks.
Resolution Method 4: Execute the Installation of a Digital Signature Certificate
Sometimes inappropriate installation of the digital signature certificate might trigger QuickBooks Error 15218. Follow the stepwise instructions given below to accomplish the process.
- Firstly, move to the Start menu, and insert “QBW32.exe” in the respective text field.
- Look for the QBW32.exe file, right-click on it and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu list.
- Check that the “Intuit.Inc” is added in the signature list within the Digital Signature screen.
- Afterwards, tap on the Details button and select the View Certificate button.
- Click on the Next button until the Finish button reflects on your computer screen.
- Finally, relaunch your device and install the newly launched version of the payroll updates.
So, now we hope that you can easily get the latest payroll updates without encountering QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218. If you are still you are struggling while getting the latest updates, consult our professionals via live chat for a quick response.