Is your system displaying QuickBooks Error Code C=51? Well, if yes, go through this simple guide to know the possible reasons and solutions. QuickBooks error C=51 is one of the most unexpected errors that can arise in the program. There might be many possible reasons behind this error code; sometimes QuickBooks fails to find the TxList file, and incomplete backup or program installation may also cause this error. Go through a simple guide from beginning to end and solve the error code with ease. Before we dive deep into knowing its reasons and solutions, let’s have a quick insight into this error.
“If you are falling short with time, you can call us @ 1855-603-0490 to get a quick fix to this error. Certified experts can advise you to get the perfect solution on how to fix your QuickBooks Error code=51 without fail.”
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
As the name suggests, it is an error code that displays on the desktop screen stating “The TxList cannon be found” or just Error code c=51. This error occurs when you are unable to find the TxList file on the screen. There are three prerequisites for troubleshooting this error code.
Key items you need to troubleshoot QuickBook Error Code =51
You might need the following key items to find this error code:
- Transaction Log file.
- The damaged QuickBooks data file.
- The previous backup of the QuickBooks data file may also be required.
After looking into these important factors, you can get rid of the error. However, there are several other reasons as well, that can give rise to error code C=51 in QuickBooks.
What are the possible reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error C=51?
As we mentioned earlier, there is a list of factors that trigger the QuickBooks Error C=51. From the list of factors, we are mentioning here the most common factor responsible for this error:
- The most common reason behind this error code is missing or deleting train txLists.
- Not maintaining strong network connectivity or using unstable internet connectivity may cause disruption in QuickBooks activities.
- The presence of malicious software can also trigger this error code.
- Sometimes, a problem or damage in the database server manager of QuickBooks can also screen up this error.
- Encountering errors while verifying QuickBooks may also lead to QuickBooks error code C=51.
If you want to get rid of the error, you need to eliminate these reasons one after the other.
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Looking for the possible symptoms of the error can help a user in identifying error code C=51.
- You may receive this error when finding or removing a damaged transaction within the QuickBooks company file.
- The error mainly crops up due to damaged data in QuickBooks.
- You will receive an error message on your screen warning about the existing issue.
- You may also face issues related to your Desktop or program, such as freezing, hanging, not responding, crashing etc.
- You may not be able to perform an ongoing task in the QuickBooks software program.
When these signs become visible, better start looking for the troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error C=51.
Quick steps to solve your QuickBooks error Code C=51
Once you have applied the key items necessary to troubleshoot the error code, you can move ahead to investigating the causes and what you require to fix the C=51 database issue in QuickBooks. Now it’s time to get on the most effective and 100% working solution.
As we have mentioned earlier that there are many possible reasons behind this error; in the same way, this error code may be solved by using more than one way. Below are the most working solutions:
Solution* 1: Use the Newest Version of QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a software program, and there you need to keep it updated to avoid any error arising from this software. So, while fixing the QuickBooks Error Code C=51, your first approach must be to use the newest version. The updated version of the QuickBooks application also enables you to access its improved features. So, update to the newest version and see if the issue is resolved.
Solution* 2: Use the Correct Data Reconstruction Format
To perform this solution, follow the below-given steps of instruction carefully:
- While applying this, your first approach should be to close all QuickBook tabs.
- You should shut off the QuickBooks Software when it is completed.
- As a next step, you reopen QuickBooks and then do the same job as you did when you encountered the error.
- Lastly, the user must use the correct data reconstruction format.
Recent Added : Quickbooks online login problems
Solution* 3: Use the File Doctor Tool Using Tool Hub
After you have followed the above-mentioned methods and if the issue is still there, using the Doctor tool might be a good idea. Here is what you need to do to use this wonderful tool:
- Firstly, you need to download the tool hub for Quickbooks.
- After the tool gets downloaded, you need to save it on your machine.
- Install the downloaded tool by following the right instructions.
- Now, inside the tool hub, you need to select QuickBooks Company File Issues.
- After that, you can run the QuickBooks File Doctor to verify the files that are incorrect.
- Once you run the tool scan, it will check if the file is damaged or not.
The File Doctor will fix the file.
- Finally, you can use QuickBooks to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Solution* 4: Check Your Internet Connectivity
If you have low or unstable internet connectivity while the system is downloading, you may encounter the QuickBooks Error Code=51. Further, it affects downloading, and you may not complete the downloading of transactions. Therefore, it is advisable to check your internet connectivity before you start downloading the transactions.
Solution* 5: Restore Backup Data
Another important step to fix this error is restoring the backup data. Here are the steps you can follow to do so:
- Complete restoring the data from the previous backups.
- After restoring it, you can copy it and drop it into a new folder.
- Right-click on the new folder to get and drop-down menu, and from there, click on the Properties option.
- It is considered erroneous if it is smaller than 6MB.
- If it is smaller than 6MB, you need to create a new back file again.
Read Also : QuickBooks error 80070057
Solution* 6: Close All the QuickBooks Processes
QuickBooks processes running in the background can also give rise to the error. In such a case, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Close all tabs in QuickBooks to start this procedure.
- Thereafter, go to the task manager to close all the QuickBooks-related files.
- Now, relaunch QuickBooks and perform the same task that gave rise to the error.
- In the end, rebuild the data in a proper format to conclude this procedure.
Check if the QuickBooks error code C=51 is fixed or not.
We hope the above post is fruitful in solving your QuickBooks Error Code C=51. Try all the above-mentioned methods one by one, and your issue should be resolved. If none of the above methods works, seek expert help to avoid mess when handling your business accounting.