QuickBooks error H101 is a common issue in the program that takes place in multi-user mode. QuickBooks multi-user mode is an arrangement in QuickBooks wherein two or more users can work on the same company file simultaneously. The file is hosted on a server network, and all the computers connected with the server computer are known as workstations. When trying to access the company file in multi-user mode, errors can crop up due to erroneous or incompetent settings. QuickBooks error code H101 belongs to the H series and shows similar characteristics. If you are stuck with error H101 and need relevant help, navigate through this post until the end.
What is QuickBooks Error Message H101? Description
QuickBooks error H101 is a multi-user mode error, which indicates that the computer hosting the company file needs additional configuration. The improperly configured system can prevent users from accessing the company file in a multi-user environment. The error can have several possible reasons, and therefore, you need to perform multiple procedures to suppress them. Knowing the possible reasons behind the error can make troubleshooting easier for you.
What Promotes Quickbooks Error H101 in QuickBooks?
There are multiple possible factors that can evoke error H101 in QuickBooks. Check below:
- It can be your security application, which is blocking access to the computer that stores your company data file.
- Damaged Network Data (.ND) file, which is crucial for accessing the company file over a network.
- If the hosting is not configured properly, QuickBooks error H101 can take place.
- QuickBooks is unable to obtain the IP address of the computer where the company file is located.
- When QuickBooks services are not running essential for a multi-user environment.
- The location of the company file is not accessible.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Error H101
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, below are the symptoms:
- On the arrival of the error message, the dynamic window crashes.
- QuickBooks error H101 appears on the screen with the extended text about the error.
- Windows become sluggish and respond slowly to mouse or keyboard commands.
- The system crashes in no time when the program throws the error message on your screen.
- The page has been expelled, but the URL remains the same.
- The attempted page couldn’t be found on the server.
Read more : Quickbooks Error H202
How Do I Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error H101?
The above-described sections explain much about the QuickBooks error H101. With this critical information on the error, you can proceed further with the troubleshooting solutions:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor To Eliminate The Error
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is an important utility in the program that can repair a damaged company file and the related issues. It can also repair the damaged network file, which is causing the problem in the program. You can run this tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is like a launch pad for the tools. Below are the steps:
- Open Intuit’s official website on your machine and download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to install it.
- Follow the installation instructions and agree to the given terms and conditions.
- Once the tool hub is installed, select Company File Issues and the tool hub will launch the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- The tool will repair the damaged file, and you may try to check if the QuickBooks error H101 is fixed.
If not, go to the next solution and follow the steps.
Recent Added : Quickbooks Error H505
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an important service in the program, which is essential for hosting company files in multi-user mode. Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager can help you with the error resolution. You can run it from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. As we have already installed the tool hub on our system, follow the below-given steps:
- Open Tool Hub and click on the Network Issues.
- Thereafter, you need to select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- Your previous action will show up in your company file. Here, you need to click the Start Scan button.
- If you are unable to see your file, use the Browse option to find it and then click the Start Scan option.
- Allow the tool to diagnose the company file in order to find and resolve the problems in QuickBooks.
- Once done, you need to click on the Close button.
- Open QuickBooks, click the File menu and choose the Switch to Multi-User Mode option.
Solution 3: Change Company File Location To Open It
Changing the location of the company file will ultimately change the path through which QuickBooks accesses the company file. It also refreshes the company file. To change the location of the company file:
- If QuickBooks is already running, close it.
- Next, right-click on the Desktop screen and when a drop-down menu opens, select New Folder.
- Name the folder as “Test” and save it.
- Here, you need to click on the Windows icon and type Windows Explorer in the search area.
- When the list of the programs opens, locate and click Windows Explorer.
- In the next window, go to the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- You need to right-click on the file with extension .QBW and then select Copy.
- Now paste the company file into the Test folder you have created on your Desktop.
- In the end, open QuickBooks.
- Here, you need to click on the File menu and select Open or Restore Company >> Open a Company.
- Now choose the file in the Test folder and click Open, and it will fix the QuickBooks error H101 for you.
Solution 4: Disable The Multi-User Access On Workstation and Enable on Server
To host the company file on a server, Multi-user access should be enabled on the server computer and should be disabled on workstations. To enable:
- Open QuickBooks and avoid opening the company file.
- Next, press the File tab and click on the Utilities option.
- You may encounter any of the following scenarios-
- Host Multi-User Access, which means hosting is disabled. Do not disturb it and move to the next workstation.
- Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, which means the hosting is enabled on the workstation. Select this option to disable hosting on the workstation.
- Check all the workstations and make sure that no workstation is hosting the company file.
- Follow the same steps on your server computer and make sure that hosting is enabled on it.
With the right company file hosting, you can access your company file smoothly.
Summing It Up!
The solutions described in this post can help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks error H101. If the error is not fixed, you may reach out to our proficient QuickBooks experts and ask them to troubleshoot the error.