Many times the users might get confused regarding the proper procedure to access company files located on a remote computer. Worry Not!! In this comprehensive post, we have discussed all the relevant facts required to launch the data file placed on the remote computer. Furthermore, for the detailed procedure, we recommend you to stay in touch with this post till the end.
Didn’t have any clue on how to access a company file located on a remote computer? Call us at @+1855-603-0490, and talk to our professionals, who are available round the clock to help you in the best possible manner asap.
What are the Advantages of Remote Accessing QuickBooks?
With the help of Remote Accessing in QuickBooks, users can easily launch their data file placed on the server computer. Doing so will help them minimize the number of hours they work weekly. Apart from this, it also offers numerous benefits, which are as follows;
- The users can work from sitting anywhere in the world with a stable internet connection.
- Moreover, the best part is that you can invest some extra hours to your business even while travelling.
- It gives you access to your account from a mobile device and the system.
- Additionally, you can access any company file and your client’s system outside of normal working hours.
Also Read – How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15217
Points You Must Consider Before Opening Data File Stored on Remote Computer
Before proceeding further, it is essential to know a few points to access QuickBooks Desktop remotely. Let’s have a look at these points attentively.
- The users need to map server on the host computer as a network drive. However, if you encounter any issue in mapping the network drive via UNC, you can implement the same procedure through the Server’s IP address.
- Moreover, ensure you have set up computers to access the file in a multi-user environment.
- Apart from these, you must also set the folder where the data file is placed.
Stepwise Procedure to Open a Company File located on a Remote Computer in QuickBooks
This blog section lists all the steps you must apply to access data files placed on a remote computer in QuickBooks. Let’s have a look at the points given below appropriately.
Stage 1: Get The QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Your Remote Computer
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a utility allowing users to configure the QuickBooks server to access the multi-user environment. Thus, it is essential to download and install the QBDBMgrN if you haven’t installed it previously. For that, apply the steps written below attentively.
- In the beginning, download the most upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop on your device.
- Soon after this, navigate to the QuickBooks File menu and opt for the Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- You should tap the Yes option from the multi-user hosting setup required window.
Also Read – How To Repair QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Note: When installing the QuickBooks Desktop, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager starts running in the background. This service might run on the computer that runs your data file even if QBDT is not already open.
- Afterwards, hit the Ok button on the Multi-User Setup Information window.
- Next, you are supposed to include the relevant users by accessing the Company and then choosing Users. Later on, hit the Set Up Users and Roles followed by the New option.
Stage 2: Enable the Network Discovery On and Disable Password Protected Sharing (Optional)
This is an optional method, but it is essential that the server must have enabled the Network Discovery. Also, it must be evident to access the file through a UNC path easily.
Moreover, the users might be prompted with the Network Password when you have enabled the Password Protected Sharing. In such a scenario, you can either sign-in by accessing the network password or disable the feature.
Furthermore, you must perform this procedure on the server or host computer. Also, you must perform it on all the workstations requiring access to QuickBooks remotely over the network.
- In the initial stage, launch the Control Panel on your computer.
- Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center, followed by the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
- Now, you have to expand the Profile Type you are presently using and then move further.
- After this, opt for the Turn on Network Discovery option under the Network Discovery.
- Move further by tapping on the Turn-Off Password Protected Sharing option.
- In the end, hit the Save Changes option to restore all the relevant changes made.
Stage 3: Locate And Then Launch the QuickBooks Company File
Now, users are supposed to find and open the company file once the process ends.
- In the beginning, move to the QuickBooks File menu and hit the Open or Restore Company option.
- After this, you are supposed to opt for the Open a Company File option and then click the Next option.
- Now, you must search where you have placed your company file.
- For Example:- If your company file is stored in Drive E, navigate to the data file name (E:) in the list.
- You must look for the company file with the .QBW file extension from the list. Later on, opt for the Open option.
- Whenever asked, you are required to add the username and password in the required text fields.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147
Summing It Up!!
With the help of this detailed post, we hope that the procedure to access a company file located on a remote computer has become simpler and easier for you. However, if you need help with any of the steps above, consult with our professionals through live chat for immediate help.