With the new updates and user requirements, Intuit launched several updates and upgrades yearly. If you discover that the older version of QuickBooks fails to meet your business requirements. This is the best time to upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop to 2022. With the upgraded version of the accounting software, you can get your hands on the newly launched features and enhance your accounting experience.
As per the latest update, Intuit discontinued the QuickBooks Desktop 2019 version on 31 May 2022. So, if you are using that version, upgrade it to a new one immediately. With the help of this post, you can grab all the essential details to upgrade to QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
Are you running short of time and looking for instant help to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to 2022? Give us a call at @+1855-603-0490 and our professionals will suggest the best possible ways to resolve the issue.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Update Vs. QuickBooks Upgrade
Many times, users might get confused between the QuickBooks update procedure with that to the QuickBooks upgrade. However, these two are different from each other.
QuickBooks updates, also known as maintenance releases or patches, This is mainly related to the improvements in the existing version of the program. Intuit rolls out QuickBooks updates on a regular basis. Using the updated version of the program ensures that you can make the best use of your accounting application. It resolves the existing issues in the program’s code base and improves the existing features for the users. If not updated, you can get multi-faceted issues in the program.
On the other hand, the QuickBooks upgrade is not an improvement in the program, but it is the entire new program having the new features and functions for the users. Besides, one major difference between the two is that updates are free, whereas you need to pay the full fee of the program if you want to upgrade it. Additionally, the update is a simple process. Contrarily, you need to modify the entire database of the program in order to match the newly added features. Upgrades are a non-reversible process. Once you upgrade your company files to the new database structure, you may need help to open them in the older version of the program.
How To Upgrade QuickBooks To 2022 Version?
There are several ways to upgrade your QuickBooks application. Check below:
Upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop Subscription
When a new version of the QuickBooks Desktop rolls out, Intuit notifies you about the same on opening the QuickBooks program. You can upgrade the program by following the below-given steps:
- Once you have decided, select the Upgrade Now option.
- If you want to keep the current version of the program, select Keep the old version on my computer.
- Thereafter, select Let’s Go.
- QuickBooks will not only install and activate the new version of the program for you but also update your company file for the new version of the program.
- Once the upgrade procedure is completed, select the Open QuickBooks option.
Important: The time taken in the upgrade process may vary as per your Internet speed and the size of the company file.
Upgrade QuickBooks Without Subscription
If you cannot the prompt to upgrade QuickBooks, fret not! It depicts that you are using a one-time purchase of QuickBooks product. You can utilize the QuickBooks upgrade tool to get the job done. Below are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, select Help and then opt for the Upgrade QuickBooks option.
- Next, you need to choose QuickBooks upgrade 2021, or 2022, whatever the version you want to upgrade to.
- After selecting your QuickBooks version from the available options, hit Upgrade Now.
- You may choose to keep the current version of the QuickBooks program on your machine. To do so, you need to select Keep the old version on my computer.
- Now tap on the highlighted “Let’s go” option to end up the entire process. .
The previous action will make QuickBooks download, install, and activate the new version of the program. Besides, your company files will also be updated according to the new database.
Upgrade QuickBooks Using Discovery Hub
Discovery Hub is included with the QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier Plus, Accountant Plus 2022, and all editions of the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 22.0. It is located on the top right of the menu bar. Moreover, It gives a preview of the new features included with the QuickBooks upgrade 2022 version. You can get the options to get the new features from here by upgrading your QuickBooks Desktop software. Below, we have discussed the proper instructions to do the same::
- Go to the Discovery Hub from the menu bar and then select Upgrade to QuickBooks 2022.
- Next, you need to select Proceed to upgrade, then hit the Upgrade now button.
- If you want an older version of the program on your machine, select Keep the old version on your computer. If not, leave this section blank and proceed further.
- After the completion of the installation process, select Open QuickBooks.
What If Upgrade Tool Can’t Locate Your QuickBooks Desktop Purchase?
Sometimes, when upgrading QuickBooks Desktop, you may not get prompt to choose a new version of the program. This problem occurs when you have used a different email for purchasing QuickBooks than you use for the program. In such a case, you need to provide your QuickBooks License info. Below are the steps:
- Find the email from QuickBooks that confirms the purchase.
- Thereafter, you need to enter your License Number and Product Number.
- Once entered, click Continue, and it will finish the upgrade process.
Note: You can get your License info by logging into your Customer Account Maintenance Portal (CAMPs).
Long Story Short!
The steps discussed in this post can help you in upgrading your QuickBooks to the latest release. Besides, it also differentiates how the upgrade procedure differs from the QuickBooks update. Technical hiccups can arrive when upgrading the program. In such a case, you can reach out to our QuickBooks experts using our chat or email channels, and we will assist you with the best solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Do I need to upgrade QuickBooks every year?
Ans. No! It is not necessary to upgrade QuickBooks every year. There are many users who are still using the 2007 version of the program. When you upgrade the program, you will see that the older version is not working on the computer. However, it is crucial to update your accounting software on a regular basis. Updating QuickBooks will help you to utilize the enhanced features of the program in your day-to-day business accounting.
Q2: What is the QuickBooks Desktop service discontinuation policy?
Ans. QuickBooks Discontinuation policy describes the discontinuation of an old QuickBooks version. For instance, after May 31, 2022, QuickBooks Desktop for 2019 will be discontinued. Intuit notifies users in advance about the discontinuation of an older QuickBooks version. It doesn’t mean that you can’t use QuickBooks Desktop 2019. However, you may not be able to access the add-on services with QuickBooks 2019 or any version of the program which is discontinued. Besides, the support for the discontinued version is also not provided.
Q3. What is the significance of upgrading QuickBooks to the latest version?
Ans. Here, we have provided some advantages of upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version.
- You can get better data security for your crucial company data.
- Moreover, it also enables the users to monitor the status of invoices in real time.
- Upgrading QuickBooks to the latest version will help eliminate the bugs and other security issues.
- Also, you can run the QuickBooks Desktop without encountering any technical bugs.
Q4. How Much time does the QuickBooks Desktop upgrade process take?
Ans. The upgrade process of QuickBooks Desktop will take only few minutes. In short, the upgrade process might take 25-30 minutes to complete.