Are you witnessing QuickBooks Error 105? If yes, you don’t have to worry; this error is one of QuickBooks’ common banking problems, which can give you a hard time. It can occur when the bank website is down and can disrupt your work. You can resolve this issue on your own by taking the help of this blog post and then following the steps mentioned here.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 105 ( Banking Error)?
This error 105 usually occurs when the banking website encounters some specialized issue. These issues could be the server issue because of which the information cannot be exchanged securely between the banking website & QuickBooks Online software.
Why Error 105 Occurs in QuickBooks?
Check out the list of causes by which QuickBooks Banking Error 105 occurs:
- It may occur because of the poor Internet connectivity
- It can even arise because of the issues in the bank & financial institution
- If the downloaded or imported file/files are accidentally deleted
- When you are using an old or incompatible computer for the QuickBooks
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 102
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 105
You need to check the following solutions that are mentioned below for fixing the QuickBooks Banking Error 105:
- Re-check the name of the financial institution.
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct bank name while setting up the accounting process.
- Even check that the URL of your bank website outside QuickBooks is correct.
Solution 1: Update the QuickBooks desktop
- You have to use the update button to update your QuickBooks account and then run the manual updates
- You need to ensure that all the latest and advanced third-party programs must go through the latest version system setup
- Then log in to your bank website by using the correct online banking URL
- You need to verify the messages with a successful login to your bank website
- Make sure there is no hindrance in verifying your bank account details, transactions, history, and account summary
- If the issue persists, then re-verify it after a few days so that bank got enough time to rectify it
- If the issue exists for more than 24 hours, then you must contact the online customer support & ask for their help with your bank details
Solution 2: Connect the bank accounts with the QuickBooks
- From the left menu, choose the ‘Banking‘.
- If you are unable to connect with the bank, then verify the name of the bank or financial institution
- From the top right corner, choose the ‘Add Account’ option & look for the name of the financial institution
- Choose the name of your financial institution from the list
- Enter the ‘User Id and password’ of your account in the space provided and then hit the ‘Continue’ tab
- You have to complete the extra verification steps and then choose the option of ‘Securely’ connect
- Choose the option of ‘bank emblem’ with which you want to connect, and then from the drop-down menu, choose the ‘account type.’
- If you don’t have an account, then choose the option of ‘+Add New ‘to create the new account
- You should know that QuickBooks keeps the backup of financial transactions for 90 days so that you can use it.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Manual Update
- Choose the option of ‘Banking.’
- Now you need to select the icon of ‘Update’ present at the upper right corner
- If you want to update only some accounts, then just clear the unwanted accounts
- You then have to click on the ‘Update Now ‘icon
- Now enter the ‘Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials ‘and then hit the ‘Continue Update’ icon
Solution 4: Verify with your bank or credit card provider
- Check with your credit card and bank to see if everything is fine on their end.
- Sign-in to your bank and credit card account by entering the correct credentials.
- If you cannot sign in, get in touch with your bank and credit card company to ask for their help.
- If there is an error with your bank’s server, you need to wait for some time or try again later.
- You can even reach out to technical experts by calling the QuickBooks helpline number that stays available 24*7.