QuickBooks enables users to connect their bank to the program so that they can keep track of their income and expenses. Also, reconciling your bank account with QuickBooks helps you know if there are any discrepancies in the transactions. However, there are multitudinous issues related to the bank account in QuickBooks. Bank error 102 and QuickBooks error 105 are some common banking error codes in QuickBooks. These banking errors can crop up due to multi-pronged reasons. However, these are simple error codes and can be resolved with a few simple solutions. Navigate through this post until the end to know the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks bank error 102 and 105.
QuickBooks Bank Error 102
QuickBooks Banking error 102 can take place due to the glitches in the bank’s website or when the website is under maintenance. When the error occurs, you will see an error message on the screen with the error code 102 in it. The error message in the QuickBooks Online reads:
QuickBooks Online is presently not able to establish a link to the website of the bank.
The error can restrict you from accessing the bank accounts or transactions using QuickBooks. When the error occurs, you should look for the possible reasons behind the problem.
Possible Reasons Behind the Error
The multitudinous reasons behind the bank error 102 are stated in the below-given list:
- The error is coming from your bank or the financial institution.
- When you enter an incorrect username or password to open the bank’s website in QuickBooks Online.
- If you are connected to an incorrect credit card account when using online banking.
QuickBooks Bank Error 105
Bank error 105 in QuickBooks Online can take place when there are certain issues with the bank’s website. Sometimes, server issues can prevent a connection between the banking website and QuickBooks Online when exchanging information. An error message appears on the screen that states:
We’re sorry, but we can’t export your data.
The error message suggests an error when uploading your data to QuickBooks Online. You should look for the possible factors that can promote error 105 in QuickBooks Online.
Factors That Can Promote the Error
There are several possible factors that can promote error 105 in QuickBooks Online. Below is the list of common reasons behind the error:
- The error can take place when your Internet connection is not stable.
- It can be caused due to the bank and financial issues such as discrepancies in the information.
- Accidental deletion of the downloaded or imported files.
- When your system is not compatible with the QuickBooks application.
- Bank related issues can also evoke the problem.
Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks Bank Error 102 & 105
Now that we are aware of the common banking error codes 102 and 105 in QuickBooks, let’s discuss their relevant solutions:
Solution 1: Update Your Bank Connection Manually
In the first place, you need to update your banking connection manually. To do so:
- Go to your QuickBooks Online.
- Next, sign in to your QuickBooks Online using your accurate login credentials.
- Now go to Banking and select Update.
If the error continues, move to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Read Also : Quickbooks Error Code 12031
Solution 2: Check Your Financial Institution’s Website
Sometimes the error can take place when there is something wrong with the bank’s website. In such a case, try the following steps:
- Sign in to your bank or financial institution’s website.
- If you are unable to log in, go to your bank or credit card company.
- Check if you have received any message or notification about the error.
- The error alerts can tell you the exact reason behind the bank error 102 or bank error 105.
- Furthermore, look for the possible reasons related to your account pages, account history or transactions.
- If you are unable to find an error, there might be an issue with the connectivity. Try to resolve it and check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Check If Your Account Is New
If your account is new to the bank, you may receive banking error 102. You need to keep in mind that some new accounts do not function properly with QuickBooks Online Banking. In this scenario, you should contact your bank or credit card and get more detail about the error. Besides, they will also tell you the best course of action for the resolution of the error.
Solution 4: Let the Bank Rectify the Error
If none of the following procedures resolves the bank error 105, you should wait for the bank to rectify the problem. They may try to resolve the issue related to the server. It may take up to 24 hours or more.
QuickBooks Online Banking issues can disrupt your workflow; however, applying the solutions discussed in this post can help you in the error resolution. If you need assistance from our QuickBooks experts, just give us a call on our Quickbooks helpline number and connect to the experts in no time.